Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency and Draft Pt. 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BuccaneersFan34

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Free Agency and Draft Pt. 2 Reply with quote

Free Agency:

Resignings-
Michael Bennett, DE for 4 years
Ronde Barber, CB for one last year
Dallas Clark, TE for one more year
Roy Miller,DT for 2 years
Daniel Teo Neishem, DE, for 2 years

Unrestricted Free Agency-
Sean Smith, CB- he should be our #1 target if Miami doesnt resign him

Mike Jenkins, CB- I dont expect us to sign 2 great corners so we sign Jenkins

Glenn Dorsey, DT- we need DT depth and he could start next to McCoy

King Dunlap, OT- average lineman but we need depth at RT

Draft 2013:

1- Alec Ogletree, OLB, UGA-Very athletic and rangey linebacker that could replace Black at olb. Alec does have character concerns but his coach speaks very highly of him. He used to be a safety and with his size could shutdown tightends like Jimmy Graham. We could have some very athletic linebackers with him and David.

2- Eric Reid, FS, LSU- I dont think Reid is a 1st rounder and falls to us in the second. Due to our free agency, we can afford to take a FS to replace Ronde Barber and move Barber back to nickel corner for one more year.

3- Marquise Goodwin, Wr, Texas- Finally we have a solid slot reciever in Goodwin. We no longer require the subpar services of Underwood or Benn and can now also be a threat in the return game with Goodwin's wheels.

4- Travis Kelce, TE, Cinn- A big and athletic receiving TE that can replace Clark next year and either push Stocker to be better or take his spot.

4- Leon McFadden, CB, SDSU- Not the biggest corner but he has some speed to him. Our coaches watched the Senior Bowl dbs closely and Im sure they were impressed with the way McFadden practiced.

5- Lonnie Pryor, RB, FSU- Listed as a fullback but I see a bruising runningback with some speed to go along with Martin perfectly.

6- Devin Taylor, DE, SC-A good combination of size and speed at the DE position. He underacheived a little bit and the spotlight was on Clowney in that dline. He has was it takes to be a backup for us and a solid rotational guy.

2013 Roster:

QB- Freeman, Orlovsky
RB- Martin, Pryor, Smith
FB- Lorig
TE- Stocker, Clark, Kelce, Noble
WR- Jackson, Williams, Goodwin, Benn, Underwood
OT- Penn, Dotson, Dunlap, Meredith
OG- Nicks, Joeseph, Larsen, Hardman, Wynn
C- Zuttah, Larsen, Wallace

DT- McCoy, Dorsey, Miller, Gibson
DE- Bennett, Clayborn, Bowers, Teo Neishem, Taylor
OLB- David, Ogletree, Watson, White, Goode
MLB- Foster, Hayward
SS- Barron, Grimm, Tandy
FS- Reid, Black, Tandy
CB- Smith, Jenkins, Barber, Johnson, Gaitor
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the best one ive seen and we all know I'm hard to please.

Just hate seeing Stocker starting. I want Eifert even at #13 I'd consider
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like Ogeltree as a top 15 pick at all. I think hes a 2nd rounder. He was run over multiple times against Alabama.

After doing more research on Glenn Dorsey, not only was he in the wrong defensive scheme, but his knee injury history is a concern (remember we cut Okoye for not staying on the field). I don't think we take the risk.

Again, Buyer beware on Sean Smith. He wants to be paid as a #1 CB. I don't see that at all.
Bucsfan0124

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVE it!
Bucsfan0124

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But give us Cary Williams instead of Jenkins.
scottonatable

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the FA and most of the draft but OGLETREE AT 13?!!?! can i get some reasoning here atleast? i think i would break my tv if this actually happened
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with most, Ogletree at 13 is awful. He's not deserving of that spot, and that outside backer position for us is probably the least impactful on the team. Waste of a pick.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get the love for Jenkins, so overrated. And luckily for us Dominik would never put together such a bad draft.
BuccaneersFan34

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just dont see us going corner in round 1 unless we get a shot at Miliner and I dont think we will. So I think we will see 2 corner free agent pick ups in the offseason before the draft. I like Sean Smith a lot as a free agent and Im not that high on Jenkins either but I dont think we bring in 2 top tier corners in FA so Im trying to be realistic about this offseason rather than giving us every great player available. Ogletree is a stretch at 13 and I would envy teams picking other players but I have seen him go anywhere from mid 1st to the second round in mocks. Again, I could give us Miliner in mock draft to make us feel good but Im trying to be realistic. I could see us going d-line in round 1 due to the talent this year and would love Dion Jordan or a DT but I think when healthy, we have 4 solid players at DE and with the addition of Dorsey we would have at least 3 solid DT. Im just trying to fill in the pieces of what we will have coming back next year and what we will add in free agency. If free agency goes by without us addressing the CB position with at least 2 corners, then I would expect us to draft heavy secondary.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil Betty wrote:
I don't get the love for Jenkins, so overrated. And luckily for us Dominik would never put together such a bad draft.

Agreed, I'm not feeling the Jenkins love fest. He just isn't that good.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuccaneersFan34 wrote:
I just dont see us going corner in round 1 unless we get a shot at Miliner and I dont think we will. So I think we will see 2 corner free agent pick ups in the offseason before the draft. I like Sean Smith a lot as a free agent and Im not that high on Jenkins either but I dont think we bring in 2 top tier corners in FA so Im trying to be realistic about this offseason rather than giving us every great player available. Ogletree is a stretch at 13 and I would envy teams picking other players but I have seen him go anywhere from mid 1st to the second round in mocks. Again, I could give us Miliner in mock draft to make us feel good but Im trying to be realistic. I could see us going d-line in round 1 due to the talent this year and would love Dion Jordan or a DT but I think when healthy, we have 4 solid players at DE and with the addition of Dorsey we would have at least 3 solid DT. Im just trying to fill in the pieces of what we will have coming back next year and what we will add in free agency. If free agency goes by without us addressing the CB position with at least 2 corners, then I would expect us to draft heavy secondary.

I hate to burst your bubble but there's a strong chance we use #13 on Jonhthan Banks.

Ill go one step further, there's an even better chance we take a CB again just one round later in round two in either Trufant, Poyer or Ryan

Ill take it one more step saying dont be surprised if we go DB all first three picks ( CB, S, CB or CB, CB, S)

DB was our weakest spot last year, minus a TE and a Slot WR I cant think of anything else that should be selected that high

#TakeTeddy
BuccaneersFan34

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we will see, but who we draft will be based on who we sign in FA. If we sign 2 corners you think we will draft 2 more? lol
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
BuccaneersFan34 wrote:

I hate to burst your bubble but there's a strong chance we use #13 on Jonhthan Banks.

Ill go one step further, there's an even better chance we take a CB again just one round later in round two in either Trufant, Poyer or Ryan

Ill take it one more step saying dont be surprised if we go DB all first three picks ( CB, S, CB or CB, CB, S)

DB was our weakest spot last year, minus a TE and a Slot WR I cant think of anything else that should be selected that high

Your saying 27 sacks and lack of pressure wasn't a problem? I will guarantee you we do not go secondary first 3 rounds. You're basically saying well rely on rookies inexperienced players to manage the secondary.

Not a chance.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuccaneersFan34 wrote:
I guess we will see, but who we draft will be based on who we sign in FA. If we sign 2 corners you think we will draft 2 more? lol

We had Danny Gorrer playing significant snaps for us last year. lol that

I wouldn't mind 5 new corners this offseason.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bringing in that many corners is ignoring other areas of need and potential contributors. Yes our secondary was terrible, and yes it needs immediate help, but relying on rookies to start at corners is wishful thinking. Bring in a couple vets so that we know what we're getting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: