Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Finest9er's First round mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Finest9er's First round mock Reply with quote

Round 1
1. Kansas City (2-14) – Geno Smith QB West Virginia
2. Jacksonville (2-14) – Damontre Moore DE Texas A&M
3. Oakland (4-12) – Star Lotulelei DT Utah
4. Philadelphia (4-12) – Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M
5. Detroit (4-12) – Bjoern Werner DE FSU
6. Cleveland (5-11) – Jarvis Jones LB Georgia
7. Arizona (5-11) – Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan
8. Buffalo (6-10) – Mike Glennon QB NC St.
9. New York Jets (6-10) – Barkevious Mingo LB LSU
10. Tennessee (6-10) – DeMarcus Milliner CB Alabama
11. San Diego (7-9) – Chance Warmack OG Alabama
12. Miami (7-9) – Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri
13. Tampa Bay (7-9) – Johnthan Banks CB Mississippi St.
14. Carolina (7-9) – Johnathan Hankins DT Ohio St
15. New Orleans (7-9) – Alex Okafor DE Texas
16. St. Louis (7-8-1) – Kenny Vaccaro S Texas
17. Pittsburgh (8-Cool – Keenan Allen WR California
18. Dallas (8-Cool – Matt Elam S Florida
19. New York Giants (9-7) – Alec Olgetree LB Georgia
20. Chicago (10-6) - D.J Fluker OT Alabama
21. Cincinnati* (10-6) – Giovani Bernard RB UNC
22. St. Louis - from Washington* (10-6) – Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma
23. Minnesota* (10-6) – Terrance Williams WR Baylor
24. Indianapolis* (11-5) – Jonathan Jenkins DT Georgia
25. Seattle* (11-5) – Kawann Short DT Purdue
26. Green Bay* (11-5) – Barrett Jones C Alabama
27. Houston* (12-4) – Justin Hunter WR Tennessee
28. Denver* (13-3) – Xavier Rhodes CB FSU
29. New England* (12-4) – Dion Jordan LB Oregon
30. Atlanta* (13-3) – Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU
31. San Francisco* (11-4-1) – Sharrif Floyd DT Florida
32. Baltimore* (10-6) – Kevin Minter LB LSU

**I have us trading Alex to Cleveland for a fifth round. I would love to get Revis but I think the Jets will want too much in return. Xavier Rhodes isn't out of the question but that's only if he makes it to us. Denver is in need of a CB and could snatch him before we can. so that leaves us with the really talented Sharrif Floyd. Last time I checked, we had this other guy with a last name of Floyd and he wasn't too bad of a player Very Happy

edit: getting Allen would be great. It would probably take our first, second and the third we got from Carolina to get him but I think it would be worth it.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
31. San Francisco* (11-4-1) – Sharrif Floyd DT Florida

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't buy Glennon as a top 10 pick. Aside from that, it's a pretty conservative mock. And I'd be more than fine with Floyd at this point. Can't wait for the combine!

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
I don't buy Glennon as a top 10 pick. Aside from that, it's a pretty conservative mock. And I'd be more than fine with Floyd at this point. Can't wait for the combine!

I can't either but I'm going with what we've seen in the past where teams reach for a QB.

I think we will take a dlineman but wouldn't be surprised if this player gave from left field.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

I can't either but I'm going with what we've seen in the past where teams reach for a QB.

I think we will take a dlineman but wouldn't be surprised if this player gave from left field.

Sure, teams reach for QBs, but Glennon isn't the second best QB in the draft. Even with his injury, Matt Barkley has a better chance to go in the first half of the first round. Glennon is so streaky, and he has been cold more often than hot. He should be lucky to be a second rounder.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

Sure, teams reach for QBs, but Glennon isn't the second best QB in the draft. Even with his injury, Matt Barkley has a better chance to go in the first half of the first round. Glennon is so streaky, and he has been cold more often than hot. He should be lucky to be a second rounder.

You have a point there. The question is will any of these QBs throw at the combine?
TDNiners

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many things wrong here. Geno Smith #1? Mike Glennon in the first round? Not going to tear the whole thing apart (which I could easily do) but Shariff Floyd will be lucky to get past Carolina at 14. Pass rushing DT's are a rare commodity and go high when they come around. Ex: Ndamukong Suh, Gerald McCoy, Glenn Dorsey, Tyson Jackson.
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TDNiners wrote:
So many things wrong here. Geno Smith #1? Mike Glennon in the first round? Not going to tear the whole thing apart (which I could easily do) but Shariff Floyd will be lucky to get past Carolina at 14. Pass rushing DT's are a rare commodity and go high when they come around. Ex: Ndamukong Suh, Gerald McCoy, Glenn Dorsey, Tyson Jackson.

Well, I fought over Geno or Luke going first. I think if KC is able to resign Brandon Albert then they could go with Geno if Albert leaves then Luke should be the pick.

Would Carolina pick Floyd over Richardson and Hankins?

Edit: Actually I don't mind if you tear it apart, it would help me out.
TDNiners

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
TDNiners wrote:

Well, I fought over Geno or Luke going first. I think if KC is able to resign Brandon Albert then they could go with Geno if Albert leaves then Luke should be the pick.

Would Carolina pick Floyd over Richardson and Hankins?

Edit: Actually I don't mind if you tear it apart, it would help me out.

Albert is going to get the franchise tag. No way they let him leave. They take their chance with Bowe, Baldwin is waiting in the wings. As far as the Dt's go, both Jonathan's have motor and mobility issues. With the league becoming more pass happy, teams will want guys that can get to the QB. Not stuff the run. Shariff has rocketed up boards of late. Best advice I can give you is to use NFL.com and ESPN.com for your mock info. Both have draft devoted pages. I'll post a mock here shortly.
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Espn's top 32 has Sylvester Williams out of UNC as the ninth ranked player.
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floyd is a great pick imo

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I hear within 5 years the fans at Jags games will be able to vote via Twitter on the in-game playcalls.
GANNDMK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floyd would be a great pickup. I've see him going anywhere from mid 1st to mid 2nd. If he isn't there Datone Jones would service us quite well as the apparent replacement when Justin retires.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: