Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dwight Freeney
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JShank

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Dwight Freeney Reply with quote

So I work at a Golf Club and I get to meet many famous people. Michael Jordan is a member, and he had Dwight Freeney there as one of his guests this week. Well, Freeney came in and I sparked up convo with him. I told him I was a huge fan. I then said, "So, you're a free agent this year?" He replied, "Yes I am"...
Me: Well, you know Jerry Jones pays well
Freeney: Hahaha, so you are a Cowboys fan, huh?
Me: Yes, I am... You know we just switched to the 4-3 this year...
Freeney: [Eyes light up, and he gives me his undivided attention] Nah, you for real?
Me: Yea, we just signed Monte Kiffin as our d-coordinator, we are running the tampa 2, and we signed rod marinelli from the bears to be our DL coach. And we dont have anyone opposite Ware yet, cuz Spencer is a free agent...
Freeney: Wow, man I didnt know this... You might see me with a star on my helmet...

OK, so if any talks happen between freeney and the boys, ITS ALL ME!!!! LMFAO I just cant believe that he was so in the dark about things... He had no clue we switched to a 4-3... Obviously it would be a dream landing spot for him to be able to play opposite Ware.

As for if he would be good for our team, I know you all will have a lot to say about it...
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to have him on the team. He is not anything special really against the run, but as a passrusher he has proven him self to be very good in a 4-3.

He could be a option to limit a need, and at the age of soon to be 33 and coming off a unimpressive season as a 3-4 OLB, he could be relative cheap.

- Again, I would love to see us get him, and he is probably the FA I would want the most. But it depends on the length of the contract, and the price. As said, I could see him come pretty cheap.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're (Ware and Dwight) both undersized weak side DE's - neither is a fit at SDE

Sig courtesy of mack.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
They're (Ware and Dwight) both undersized weak side DE's - neither is a fit at SDE

Freeney is 6'1" 268lbs. How big are normal 4-3 DE's? If he was willing to come cheap for a two year deal, I'd be interested. He's 32, and could have some pass rush left in him, and could rotate with Crawford. He'd certainly be cheaper than Spencer. If they do sign him, you deserve a finders fee JShank!
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
I would love to have him on the team. He is not anything special really against the run, but as a passrusher he has proven him self to be very good in a 4-3.

He could be a option to limit a need, and at the age of soon to be 33 and coming off a unimpressive season as a 3-4 OLB, he could be relative cheap.

- Again, I would love to see us get him, and he is probably the FA I would want the most. But it depends on the length of the contract, and the price. As said, I could see him come pretty cheap.

Yep. Stop gap short term guy.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Freeney is 6'1" 268lbs. How big are normal 4-3 DE's? If he was willing to come cheap for a two year deal, I'd be interested. He's 32, and could have some pass rush left in him, and could rotate with Crawford. He'd certainly be cheaper than Spencer. If they do sign him, you deserve a finders fee JShank!

Strong side? 280ish

But I may have been thinking of Mathis cause I thought he was 245ish

Sig courtesy of mack.
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Strong side? 280ish

But I may have been thinking of Mathis cause I thought he was 245ish

Yup it is Mathis that is 245. Freeney was always bagged on for being short.

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
buckwild

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

What is your idea of cheap? I think he made 12-14 million last year so don't see him coming here for less than 5 million a year. It was quite shocking that he was so in the dark about things going on in the NFL especially since he is a free agent.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

What is your idea of cheap? I think he made 12-14 million last year so don't see him coming here for less than 5 million a year. It was quite shocking that he was so in the dark about things going on in the NFL especially since he is a free agent.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't spend time reading NFL forums . He has an agent to take care of where he gonna get his next paycheck. Wouldn't be surprise to see him stay with the Colts if they can co e to an agreement
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

5 mil is too rich for my blood. If he would go for a 2 year 6mil, then ok. Otherwise, no.
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
buckwild wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

5 mil is too rich for my blood. If he would go for a 2 year 6mil, then ok. Otherwise, no.

Someone will over pay for him but I think it be interesting to have another proven rusher like him along with Ware. In the long run it would hurt us Cap Wise, but as a fan, Id want to see it Smile
textaz03

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you happen to see him get on the phone right after your conversation?

If he did, he most likely called his agent to say WTF? Keeping me in the dark, your supposed to know this stuff!!

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Cowboys73

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope unless vet min to back up ware.

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboys73 wrote:
Nope unless vet min to back up ware.

C73, I'm kinda disappointed that you didn't bring the Larry Allen avatar back in honor of him making the HOF. Sure, you have the sig, but I always liked that avy.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
buckwild wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Someone will over pay for him but I think it be interesting to have another proven rusher like him along with Ware. In the long run it would hurt us Cap Wise, but as a fan, Id want to see it Smile

While he is a proven pass rusher, I'd always be concerned with diminishing returns given his age and price tag. At 33, how many years of solid production would any of us reasonably expect from him? And, would that production likely be worth the price we paid for it? History has shown that it doesn't, so I'd be hesitant about signing someone like him. It always makes more sense to sign a free agent who has yet to reach his peak rather than sign a guy who reached it a few years prior.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: