Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top ten most disliked Raiders
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raidin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
LOL Why in the world do you hate Andrew Walter so much?? Shocked Palmer isn't one either.... seriously.

imo call me crazy but somebody loved andrew so much they thought it would be ok to pass on rodgers. for some reason we fell in love with bum andrew walter.

Coming from the guy who was in love with Jamarcus Russell. Laughing
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
LOL Why in the world do you hate Andrew Walter so much?? Shocked Palmer isn't one either.... seriously.

I hope this is a cruel sick joke and someone hacked your account and is posting on your behalf :O

[quote="RaidersAreOne"]BlackWidow is a chick? Everything makes so much more sense all of a sudden.[/quote]
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
NickButera wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
McRaider wrote:
Lane Kiffin is one of the worst Raiders of all time

I actually respect Kiffin and don't think he was given a fair shot. You can't blame any coaches under Al that late in his career. They were all puppets..... except Kiffin and Al hated it.

I've had the same sentiments for a long time. However I'm beginning to change my mind. Everything Kiffin touches seems to slowly fall apart. That and watching his career since he left Oakland has really been a good indication of his character, which doesn't seem to be that great of an example. Throwing Al under the bus after he left (even though Al kind of did the same), committing and leaving Tennessee so quickly was strange to me, throwing them under the bus, but kind of understandable. Then USC is starting to falling apart since he got there. The large amount of high school commits that are uncommiting is very telling to me.

Granted, he inherited a rough situation in USC also, but I'm starting to come to facts that Kiffin isn't really that great of a coach. Nothing he has touched has thrived at all. That and he says the wrong things very often, something about him just comes across wrong to me. But I can't put a finger on it.

I think he left Tenn b/c he saw a job at one of the most premiered sports jobs and wanted to act fast. I do agree that he character is questionable though. Like you said though, USC is a difficult situation but I doubt it will be under very long. They will get back to their traditional ways but I feel it will take a little more time. His career is still young but for the most part, you'd 100% right about what you said. He simply hasn't gotten it done.... anywhere but we'll see what happens.

If I ever found out the rumor was true that he had something on the table that included Moss, GB, Aaron Rodgers and us drafting Calvin Johnson like I read somewhere before, and Al said No b/c he wanted JaMarcus, I'll get upset again haha.

My homeboy played with Kiffin at Fresno State and almost kicked his azz because Kiffin was a liar and tried to get him suspended. And my buddy was proven to be right. That dude has been a liar since he was a young man and it doesn't seem to be changing.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
r8der14 wrote:
Phillip Buchanon anyone?

Out of all the DBs Al drafted in the 2000's, Buchanon was probably the best, aside from Aso. Think about it, Derek Gibson, Fabian Washington, Stanford Routt, Stuart Schweigert, Mike Mitchell, Michael Huff... Buchanon wasn't great but he was a playmaker and that's more than can be said for any of the others.

Buchanon was not better than all those guys. He was a coward in the run game according to someone on the staff back then. He was like "he's done" the first time Buchanon came up and got run over. Fabian was better and lasted longer. So was Routt as much as we dislike his game too. Mitchell and Huff are also better which isn't saying too too much.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walters was awful. He probably was never able to impress the staff during practice...isn't that your famous line about Pryor? In all seriousness the game at this level was too big for him. He never caught on with another team. He had a strong arm, not much else though.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
r8der14 wrote:
Phillip Buchanon anyone?

Out of all the DBs Al drafted in the 2000's, Buchanon was probably the best, aside from Aso. Think about it, Derek Gibson, Fabian Washington, Stanford Routt, Stuart Schweigert, Mike Mitchell, Michael Huff... Buchanon wasn't great but he was a playmaker and that's more than can be said for any of the others.

Buchanon was not better than all those guys. He was a coward in the run game according to someone on the staff back then. He was like "he's done" the first time Buchanon came up and got run over. Fabian was better and lasted longer. So was Routt as much as we dislike his game too. Mitchell and Huff are also better which isn't saying too too much.

I never said he was good in run support. I even said the guy wasnt great. Dude had his weaknesses, no doubt, but what I said was he was a playmaker. None of the other guys were anywhere close to him in that respect.

Buchanon (3 yrs): 11 INT, 4 TD, 3 PR TD, 2 FF, 6 FR

Washington (3 yrs): 5 INT, 1 FF, 1 FR
Routt (7 yrs): 10 INT, 1 TD, 2 FF
Huff (7 yrs): 11 INT, 3 FF, 2 FR
Mitchell (4 yrs): 2 INT, 1 FF, 4 FR
Asomugha (8 yrs): 11 INT, 1 TD, 2 FF, 1 FR

Stats arent all that matters, but they do show that Buchanon was the biggest playmaker out of that group. Huff and Aso were the only one to match his INT total and it took them more than twice as many years. In just 3 years, he had the most INT, most INT TDs, most total TDs, and most FR. Dude made plays, and thats what our D lacks. I would take that over a CB who is solid against the run right now.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
RaiderBelgium

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeLawrence Grant (3rd round 2001 draft)
Roscoe Parrish omg Very Happy
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
The large amount of high school commits that are uncommiting is very telling to me.

We've had three decommitments and have signed a top five class every year since he took the job. He's a charismatic guy and one of the better recruiters in the country he just doesn't know how to gameplan or make half-time adjustments.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
NickButera wrote:
The large amount of high school commits that are uncommiting is very telling to me.

We've had three decommitments and have signed a top five class every year since he took the job. He's a charismatic guy and one of the better recruiters in the country he just doesn't know how to gameplan or make half-time adjustments.

Kiffin is a great recruiter, or used to be. I'm just not so convinced he remains so anymore.

Jason Hatcher, safety Max Redfield, receiver Eldridge Massington, defensive lineman Eddie Vanderdoes, defensive back/receiver Sebastian LaRue and defensive lineman Kylie Fitts. All people who verbally committed to USC and have since changed their mind.

LaRue is a 4 star, top ten recruit. Vanderdoes and Redfield are 5 star recruits. Now I'm a big USC fan, and I love to follow all this stuff because I'm always hoping for the best. It just seems to me that things aren't as smooth and easy going as before. The more I see of Kiffin the more I see that he isn't the best option to be HC anymore. He's only been there 3 years, and I have a feeling other people (and recruits) are beginning to see him in a shady light as well.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Nightmare

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd make a list, but Russell would be on it about 6 or 7 times, so probably best not bothering.

No time for Warren Sapp. Dude just didn't care. There are players who were bad but if they tried it doesn't bother me as much - the likes of Schweigert, Andrew Walter, etc. Guys like Russell, Sapp, Hall and Brayton who were just a-holes as well as not very good, are the sort of players I'd pick.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

imo call me crazy but somebody loved andrew so much they thought it would be ok to pass on rodgers. for some reason we fell in love with bum andrew walter.

I don't think that was the case at all. We didn't have Walter when we passed on Rodgers- they both came out in 2005. We passed on Rodgers because Al loved fast DBs and Washington ran a 4.29.

La_Vader wrote:
lilcrazycat1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. jamarcus
2. moss
3. sapp
4. javon walker
5. matt Giordano
6. dhb ( loved crabtree)
7. rolando mcclain
8. kwame harris
9. gibson
10. dudley
Darbsk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't see Bill Callaghan on any lists............

Used to hate Marinovich but watched a documentary on him recently and really kind of felt pity for the guy thrust into the spotlight, also have sympaphy with Barrett Robbins now aswell.

I can't hate guys for being poor football players, so long as they at least tried. Didn't Javon Walker try to give the money back and retire?? Kind of decent if you ask me.

McClain, Moss and Russell are IMO the worst as they didn't have any commitment to the team.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:
I can't hate guys for being poor football players, so long as they at least tried. Didn't Javon Walker try to give the money back and retire?? Kind of decent if you ask me.

Couldnt agree more. Walker wasnt lazy, he was just injured. And yes, he did try to retire and give the money back but Al talked him out of it. I'm surprised to see guys like DHB on these lists. He is not a good WR but he puts in work and has improved a lot since we drafted him. Cant hate a guy like that.

La_Vader wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: