Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos QB Peyton Manning named comeback player of the Year
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
Laughing Favre and Rodgers pretending to be cool.

woah, you got a link to this? I wanna see it!

Who is that old man? Holly crap!! When did he turn ancient??
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The votes that AP got were from the voters to choose Manning the MVP.

The voters split their MVP/Offensive/Comeback votes.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favre rocks the grey hair better than most.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
Favre rocks the grey hair better than most.
Thats because he wears Wrangler jeans.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
Not sure why Peterson had any case for Comeback Player of the Year since he played at a high level for the majority of 2011.

Easy pick.

Peterson actually received 17 votes for this award, Manning received 31.5 and Jamaal Charles received 1.

I am aware. Still not sure why Peterson had any case for this award at all.

Do you really not know why he was considered? Or are you just making an argument that he got too many votes in a roundabout way?

Like I said, he played at a high level for the majority of 2011. Manning missed a full season and many thought he would never be able to play again. The whole "Loser takes Comeback Player" thing is totally misguided. If Manning won MVP, Peterson still wouldn't have had a case to win this award.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoBruin wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
Not sure why Peterson had any case for Comeback Player of the Year since he played at a high level for the majority of 2011.

Easy pick.

Peterson actually received 17 votes for this award, Manning received 31.5 and Jamaal Charles received 1.

I am aware. Still not sure why Peterson had any case for this award at all.

Do you really not know why he was considered? Or are you just making an argument that he got too many votes in a roundabout way?

Like I said, he played at a high level for the majority of 2011. Manning missed a full season and many thought he would never be able to play again. The whole "Loser takes Comeback Player" thing is totally misguided. If Manning won MVP, Peterson still wouldn't have had a case to win this award.

You keep saying he played at a high level in 2011 like that's the only part that matters.

Quote:
The NFL Comeback Player of the Year Award is presented by the Professional Football Writers of America to the player in the National Football League (NFL) who shows perseverance in overcoming adversity, in the form of not being in the NFL the previous year, overcoming a severe injury, or simply a poor performance.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kinda sad that Thomas Davis wasn't even mentioned. Came back from 3 acl tears to the same knee and played a high level.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoingsFan wrote:
It's kinda sad that Thomas Davis wasn't even mentioned. Came back from 3 acl tears to the same knee and played a high level.

Seriously? Confused There's no reason Davis should have been included in this discussion honestly. Good or not, he doesn't touch manning and peterson.

Thanks, Tzimisce
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
GoingsFan wrote:
Seriously? Confused There's no reason Davis should have been included in this discussion honestly. Good or not, he doesn't touch manning and peterson.
Eh, the dude came back from 3 ACL tears in two and a half seasons. That's never been done before. And he didn't come back to some spot duty - he was a 12-game starter (only 12 partly due to formation) and a very good one at that. Forced a few fumbles, had an interception, and a number of splash plays.

I don't think he should have won it (simply because Manning and Peterson both had very impressive years). I don't think it's fair to say the guy isn't in the conversation, though.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
GoingsFan wrote:
Eh, the dude came back from 3 ACL tears in two and a half seasons. That's never been done before. And he didn't come back to some spot duty - he was a 12-game starter (only 12 partly due to formation) and a very good one at that. Forced a few fumbles, had an interception, and a number of splash plays.

I don't think he should have won it (simply because Manning and Peterson both had very impressive years). I don't think it's fair to say the guy isn't in the conversation, though.

I guess. I always liked Thomas Davis. Best friend is a Carolina fan so I follow them closely, but thinking about it, he did have an impressive season off another ACL problem. I'll say he's worthy of 3rd.

Thanks, Tzimisce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: