Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bradley Fletcher

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Bradley Fletcher Reply with quote

What can you guys tell me about Bradley Fletcher? He is slated to hit the free agent market this offseason and I wanted to get some opinions from you guys on Fletcher. Do you think the Rams will make a push to re-sign him or look to go with the younger talent at the position? What do you feel are his main strengths and weaknesses? What type of coverage do you think he excels in (ex. press man coverage or zone, etc.)?

Any info on Fletcher would be appreciated.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO he is best used as a cover 2 corner pressing. He struggles a bit in man or deep 3rd.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Brett Hundley
3. Bryce Petty
4. Jameis Winston
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
IMO he is best used as a cover 2 corner pressing. He struggles a bit in man or deep 3rd.

Thanks for the feedback. Has he lost anything due to the injuries he has suffered? From what I have been able to tell he is known for being physical and is a solid run defender for the position.

DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. Has he lost anything due to the injuries he has suffered? From what I have been able to tell he is known for being physical and is a solid run defender for the position.

He has lost a step but nothing substantial. He is definitely a very physical corner and plays very well underneath and against the run, but like I said is a bit of a liability beyond that.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Brett Hundley
3. Bryce Petty
4. Jameis Winston
Jonezy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorite Rams last 5 years. Great zone man, fell off a bit this past season (Miami game screwed him) in man to man but i'm sure he can re gain it. We just don't have space for him, he's not an inside guy needs to play outside.

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
One of my favorite Rams last 5 years. Great zone man, fell off a bit this past season (Miami game screwed him) in man to man but i'm sure he can re gain it. We just don't have space for him, he's not an inside guy needs to play outside.

Again, excellent feedback! Do you think Fletcher still has upside to develop into a solid starter or is he more of a spot starter candidate?

I like the idea of Fletcher competing for a starting role opposite Brandon Flowers.

You mentioned Fletcher is one of your favorite players in the last 5 years....what about Fletcher really stands out to you to make him one of your favorites?

Jonezy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:

Again, excellent feedback! Do you think Fletcher still has upside to develop into a solid starter or is he more of a spot starter candidate?

I like the idea of Fletcher competing for a starting role opposite Brandon Flowers.

You mentioned Fletcher is one of your favorite players in the last 5 years....what about Fletcher really stands out to you to make him one of your favorites?

I think he does, for sure. He was the best tackling corner 2 years ago? Before this season he was sticking to WR's like glue when healthy. Been a really strong player for us, but he isn't a Jeff Fisher guy, and Trumaine Johnson is. I'd love to see him in KC.

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:

Fletcher is for sure worthy of a starting position. PFF had him graded out as our best cover corner last year. The problem obviously is Finnegan and Jenkins are going to be the Rams corners for, probably, the next 5 years and Trumaine Johnson has a ton of potential as well.

Really think Fletcher will be a steal for someone and end up a good solid corner(just short of pro bowl level).

His biggest assets are that he's solid almost everywhere. He's a very solid tackler, good in both zone and man, has good size and should be even better next year after another year recovered from injuries.

Weaknesses are he's not much of a playmaker and he has an extensive injury history.
jjab360

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's one thing about Fletcher that I always notice when watching him play. He sticks to his man like industrial grade rubber cement. He runs stride for stide, step for step with his opponent and stays directly in his hip pocket, no matter the receiver, no matter the route. Guys like Calvin Johnson, Hakeem Nicks, and Larry Fitzgerald had more trouble getting away from this guy than from almost any other CB I've seen them play against.

That being said, he has pretty bad ball skills, sometimes has trouble tracking the ball, and isn't much of a playmaker which is why he lost PT to guys like Jenkins, Finnegan, and Trumaine Johnson who force turnovers and get the ball back into the offense's hands (or in Jenkins' case does the offense's job for them). He also developed a holding problem this year and seemed to panic when the ball was in the air, getting too many DPI calls on balls that wouldn't have been completed anyway. He had 3 in the Patriots game alone.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
There's one thing about Fletcher that I always notice when watching him play. He sticks to his man like industrial grade rubber cement. He runs stride for stide, step for step with his opponent and stays directly in his hip pocket, no matter the receiver, no matter the route. Guys like Calvin Johnson, Hakeem Nicks, and Larry Fitzgerald had more trouble getting away from this guy than from almost any other CB I've seen them play against.

That being said, he has pretty bad ball skills, sometimes has trouble tracking the ball, and isn't much of a playmaker which is why he lost PT to guys like Jenkins, Finnegan, and Trumaine Johnson who force turnovers and get the ball back into the offense's hands (or in Jenkins' case does the offense's job for them). He also developed a holding problem this year and seemed to panic when the ball was in the air, getting too many DPI calls on balls that wouldn't have been completed anyway. He had 3 in the Patriots game alone.

I think that was more to do with a bad scheme fit than anything. Fletch is a press man CB or a zone CB. We had him playing off man. Just not a scheme fit for what we were doing.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
yrba1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fletcher is a guy who's better off in the press and zone. Since his weaknesses are the deep 3rd. He best goes to a team with a consistent pass rush (particularly the Giants since they run a scheme similar to what Spags runs)
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
jjab360 wrote:

I think that was more to do with a bad scheme fit than anything. Fletch is a press man CB or a zone CB. We had him playing off man. Just not a scheme fit for what we were doing.

jrry,
Thanks for the comment. I am really liking the idea of bringing in Fletcher for the Chiefs. I am wondering what type of contract he might get on the open market considering he definitely isn't one of the bigger names that could be available.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: