Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins QB RGIII named Offensive Rookie of the Year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geronimo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:

I agree with you guys. I want to rephrase what I said before. "...pray he's FULLY HEALTHY by the Summer." Wink If not, don't rush anything. Please, Danny boy. Please.

I think we all agree on that.

Day after day, it seems we are more and more aware how bad was the decision to let him play after being hit during the Wild Card game.

I can't understand that decision yet. In any way.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geronimo wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:

I agree with you guys. I want to rephrase what I said before. "...pray he's FULLY HEALTHY by the Summer." Wink If not, don't rush anything. Please, Danny boy. Please.

I think we all agree on that.

Day after day, it seems we are more and more aware how bad was the decision to let him play after being hit during the Wild Card game.

I can't understand that decision yet. In any way.
Obviously hindsight is 20/20. Had Shanahan known he was going to get hurt of course he would have pulled him. However, in the moment with a playoff game on the line (a game we were leading for quite a while btw) I don't think you can sit your starting QB there.
Geronimo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Obviously hindsight is 20/20. Had Shanahan known he was going to get hurt of course he would have pulled him. However, in the moment with a playoff game on the line (a game we were leading for quite a while btw) I don't think you can sit your starting QB there.

Well, true what you say about hindsight. But, when I was watching the game, after 14-0, I could not understand why RG3 was still on the field. It was clear he couldn't run, he couldn't move correctly, he couldn't pass in a normal way. What did we do after 14-0? Nothing! 3 and out, 3 and out, and so on.

It seemed so clear to me that RG3 risked a serious injury that I thought "if he plays, they know something we don't". Well, no: our coach simply didn't care. And he was wrong twice: leaving RG3 on the field was not even the best choice to win, when you consider how he was playing.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geronimo wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

Well, true what you say about hindsight. But, when I was watching the game, after 14-0, I could not understand why RG3 was still on the field. It was clear he couldn't run, he couldn't move correctly, he couldn't pass in a normal way. What did we do after 14-0? Nothing! 3 and out, 3 and out, and so on.

It seemed so clear to me that RG3 risked a serious injury that I thought "if he plays, they know something we don't". Well, no: our coach simply didn't care. And he was wrong twice: leaving RG3 on the field was not even the best choice to win, when you consider how he was playing.
Obviously it looks bad knowing that in the end he got hurt and we lost the game. This is a game where players play injured all the time and still perform. RG3 has stated he didn't want to come out of the game. If Shanahan had sat RG3 and we lose the game with Cousins we all would have killed him for the switch. He was kind of damned if you do damned if you don't.
Geronimo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Obviously it looks bad knowing that in the end he got hurt and we lost the game. This is a game where players play injured all the time and still perform.

But after 14-0 he did not perform, this is my point.

MKnight82 wrote:
RG3 has stated he didn't want to come out of the game.

No surprise, players want to play. That's why teams have coaches: people who decide wisely who should play and make the team win.

MKnight82 wrote:
If Shanahan had sat RG3 and we lose the game with Cousins we all would have killed him for the switch. He was kind of damned if you do damned if you don't.

Many would have, probably, but not me. And if you are wrong, no matter what you do, save your franchise QB. There's always a next game and a next season for a healthy player.

Just my opinion, of course.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geronimo wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Obviously it looks bad knowing that in the end he got hurt and we lost the game. This is a game where players play injured all the time and still perform.

MKnight82 wrote:

No surprise, players want to play. That's why teams have coaches: people who decide wisely who should play and make the team win.

MKnight82 wrote:
If Shanahan had sat RG3 and we lose the game with Cousins we all would have killed him for the switch. He was kind of damned if you do damned if you don't.

Many would have, probably, but not me. And if you are wrong, no matter what you do, save your franchise QB. There's always a next game and a next season for a healthy player.

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!!

Completely agree. On all points!

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Geronimo wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

MKnight82 wrote:

MKnight82 wrote:

Understand what he's saying. But disagree. On all points.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://blogsohardsports.com/redskins/comparing-robert-griffin-iii-and-colin-kaepernick-by-the-numbers/

Quote:
Numbers adjusted based on 16 games:

QB Rating (not adjusted):

Kaepernick: 98.45
Griffin III: 102.4

Passing Yards:

Kaepernick: 3,628
Griffin III: 3,413.3

Touchdown Passes:

Kaepernick: 20
Griffin III: 21.3

Interceptions:

Kaepernick: 6
Griffin III: 5.3

Completion Percentage:

Kaepernick: 262/418 = 62.7%
Griffin III: 275.2/419.2 = 65.6%

Rushing Yards:

Kaepernick: 608
Griffin III: 869.3

Rushing Touchdowns:

Kaepernick: 6
Griffin III: 7.4

Pretty similar numbers for these qbs over16 games. Griffin edges Kapernick in every category but passing yards.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Geronimo wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

MKnight82 wrote:

MKnight82 wrote:

And you're wrong. Especially on #3. Everyone watching could see he was hurt and not as effective. I was screaming at my TV "get him outta there!!".

It wasn't a damned if you do scenario. It was a scenario where the HC simply didn't care.

Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
And you're wrong. Especially on #3. Everyone watching could see he was hurt and not as effective. I was screaming at my TV "get him outta there!!".

It wasn't a damned if you do scenario. It was a scenario where the HC simply didn't care.

It could also be that the gameplan they wanted to run against Seattle would not play to Cousins' strengths so they gambled on with a hobbled RG3.
Brian23

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Geronimo wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

MKnight82 wrote:

MKnight82 wrote:

Bull. They would have roasted him alive.

He's your QB, you ride with him till he can't go anymore. 'nough said.
Geronimo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:

It could also be that the gameplan they wanted to run against Seattle would not play to Cousins' strengths so they gambled on with a hobbled RG3.

Well, if your QB is playing hurt and the doctor taking care of him says, before the game, "scared the hell out of me" and "hes still recovering and Im holding my breath because of it", wouldn't you prepare gameplan B for your backup QB?
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Geronimo wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

MKnight82 wrote:

MKnight82 wrote:

Bull. They would have roasted him alive.

He's your QB, you ride with him till he can't go anymore. 'nough said.

Yes...and that point was at halftime when it was clear that he was hobbling and had no burst and could not plant his right foor to make accurate throws.

If not halftime, then early to mid-way through the 3rd quarter? When it was clear it was getting worse.

The alternative was to ride him...not until he couldn't go anymore...but ride him...straight into the ground.

Which is what Shanny did.

So no...be accurate. They wouldn't have roasted him alive. You would've.

Last edited by Thaiphoon on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geronimo wrote:
Woz wrote:

Well, if your QB is playing hurt and the doctor taking care of him says, before the game, "scared the hell out of me" and "hes still recovering and Im holding my breath because of it", wouldn't you prepare gameplan B for your backup QB?

Bingo. Additionallly if you make the switch at halftime when it was clear that Robert was hobbled and could:

A.) No longer run effectively

and

B.) Could not plant to throw

...then you allow Cousins to come in and play the entire second half when you were still LEADING!! This still allows us to run the ball and let Cousins get loose. Cousins played pretty decently against the SB champs if I recall (even in limited action but this would've only been limited action too - albeit longer). There was still plenty of time for Cousins to come in and play well. He certainly could not have played worse than a hobbled RG3 and certainly would not have fumbled the ball on our 5 (when RG3's last ligament finally gave out) thereby giving Seattle another chance to score.

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I checked the Seattle game is over, rg3 has had his surgery and from all reports is ahead of schedule in his rehab.

Can't we just move past that game? Please? It's far over and no matter what Shanahan would have done in that game, kept rg3 or pulled him and we lost, he would have been criticized by some people who thought it was the wrong move and the media.

Here is a blog post, which includes RG3's acceptance speech from the other night.

http://blogsohardsports.com/redskins/video-robert-griffin-iiis-acceptance-speech-for-offensive-rookie-of-the-year/

Here is a blog post from blogsohardsports through hogs heaven on RG3's latest message to the fans:

http://blogsohardsports.com/redskins/a-message-to-redskins-fans-from-robert-griffin-iii/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: