Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins Raising ticket and parking prices
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:
I hope it lands in the countryside of VA or WVA mike.
Kinda like how Foxborough or East Rutherford are.

No worse traveling in the world than NVA DC and surrounding Maryland area.
I dont care if they move it to Washington state for the use of the Washington name. Id rather travel that distance than put up with that area of DC and all surrounding.
yeah, just move the stadium further away from the city that bears the teams name, that makes sense...

The thing is that most of the fans of the skins live in the Nova, DC and MD area just outside DC. It doesn't make sense to make those fans drive further to rural va towards Richmond or WVA to go to a game.

It needs to be in Dc. The team is named the Washington, DC Redskins. Not the Laurel Redskins, not the Nova Redskins, not the rural va Redskins.

I'd love it if Snyder moved it by his house in Potomac, MD. I live 10 minutes from there. Wink

Like NY and Boston teams showed. There are better places to put something than a dump of a city that takes forever to get around.

Put it off to the side.. Out by an interstate highway. Where even those stuck in that place can zip on out to in a breeze. Accommodate all those that want to go to a game. Not just slam it down in the ghetto cause of cheap condemned property like Baltimores.
Might make someone like you proud. But someone of my stature would be ashamed and embarrassed.
your stature? Get over yourself Laughing and you are never going to zip in and out of a stadium that seats 90 to 100,000 people, it's just not possible. Even if they did put it out in redneckville VA, its still going to take a long time to get out of the parking lot.

Have you been to M&T Stadium or Camden Yards? They are not as bad areas and you are making them seem. That part of Baltimore isn't as bad, its bad if you get like 10-15 minutes away from the inner harbor in a direction before you get to Baltimore county. Yeah, if you go the wrong way for a few blocks you may end up in a bad area but right around each stadium in Baltimore it's fine. Fans wouldn't show up if it wasn't safe.

And why would our owner want to move it further away from his home in Potomac, MD?

I think it will be back in DC sometime within the next 15 years and everyone will love it just like they love the Verizon center and nats stadium.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:
I hope it lands in the countryside of VA or WVA mike.
Kinda like how Foxborough or East Rutherford are.

No worse traveling in the world than NVA DC and surrounding Maryland area.
I dont care if they move it to Washington state for the use of the Washington name. Id rather travel that distance than put up with that area of DC and all surrounding.
yeah, just move the stadium further away from the city that bears the teams name, that makes sense...

The thing is that most of the fans of the skins live in the Nova, DC and MD area just outside DC. It doesn't make sense to make those fans drive further to rural va towards Richmond or WVA to go to a game.

It needs to be in Dc. The team is named the Washington, DC Redskins. Not the Laurel Redskins, not the Nova Redskins, not the rural va Redskins.

I'd love it if Snyder moved it by his house in Potomac, MD. I live 10 minutes from there. Wink

Like NY and Boston teams showed. There are better places to put something than a dump of a city that takes forever to get around.

Put it off to the side.. Out by an interstate highway. Where even those stuck in that place can zip on out to in a breeze. Accommodate all those that want to go to a game. Not just slam it down in the ghetto cause of cheap condemned property like Baltimores.
Might make someone like you proud. But someone of my stature would be ashamed and embarrassed.
your stature? Get over yourself Laughing and you are never going to zip in and out of a stadium that seats 90 to 100,000 people, it's just not possible. Even if they did put it out in redneckville VA, its still going to take a long time to get out of the parking lot.

Have you been to M&T Stadium or Camden Yards? They are not as bad areas and you are making them seem. That part of Baltimore isn't as bad, its bad if you get like 10-15 minutes away from the inner harbor in a direction before you get to Baltimore county. Yeah, if you go the wrong way for a few blocks you may end up in a bad area but right around each stadium in Baltimore it's fine. Fans wouldn't show up if it wasn't safe.
And why would our owner want to move it further away from his home in Potomac, MD?

I think it will be back in DC sometime within the next 15 years and everyone will love it just like they love the Verizon center and nats stadium.

A.) Those stadiums are stones throws away from I-95.
B.) Yes, you are correct, if you make a wrong turn you end up in VERY bad places in Baltimore. I know, I've done it twice now (once when driving, once when someone else was driving).
C.) There's not really much of an area to put a new Redskins stadium in DC
D.) Even if they found space, the whole project would be held up for over a decade while unions, politicians, environmentalists, etc... each tried to either hold it up or get a bigger piece of the largess. Just like the LAST time the Redskins tried to build inside the city.
E.) Traffic in DC is horrible without having the Redskins inside the city. It was downright evil when the Redskins were at RFK (although I loved the stadium better than Fed Ex).
F.) The stadium can get built cheaper and quicker if they put it out in NoVa right near Dulles (read : near Redskins Park). Plenty of space and an airport there and the Dulles Toll Road as a feeder along with the proposed route from 270 down to 28 that they are considering (which would get built if they build the stadium in NoVa). Not to mention 66 to 28 for those coming via the Wilson Bridge. And the metro is extending out to Ashburn.
G.) The owner's office is currently located in Ashburn, Va. He goes there a helluva lot more frequently than Fed Ex. So distance from his home is not really a consideration here.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Take advantage of Mass transit. Put it downtown again, right off the metro. Just like nats stadium, and Verizon center.

They are in the right places and are easily accessible to all fans. Nova fans and md fans can drive to the nearest metro and take it in if they don't want to drive to the stadium.

Metro will be out to Ashburn in less than 6 years. 9 years ahead of your 15 year schedule for DC.

Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Take advantage of Mass transit. Put it downtown again, right off the metro. Just like nats stadium, and Verizon center.

They are in the right places and are easily accessible to all fans. Nova fans and md fans can drive to the nearest metro and take it in if they don't want to drive to the stadium.

Metro will be out to Ashburn in less than 6 years. 9 years ahead of your 15 year schedule for DC.

Just to the edge of Ashburn though. There are only two stops currently planned past Dulles. Based on the planned map, they'll be 3-5 miles south of the stadium.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Just to the edge of Ashburn though. There are only two stops currently planned past Dulles. Based on the planned map, they'll be 3-5 miles south of the stadium.

Where there is room in Ashburn its very close to where the metro stops will be. And certainly not that much farther than the current metro stop by Fed Ex.

Woz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Woz wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Where there is room in Ashburn its very close to where the metro stops will be. And certainly not that much farther than the current metro stop by Fed Ex.

http://www.wmata.com/getting_around/metro_events/venues.cfm#FedEx_Field
Quote:
One option fans have is direct Metrorail service to FedEx Field. The Morgan Boulevard station on the Blue Line is the closest station to FedEx Field. The station is nine-tenths of a mile from the stadium and a new walkway offers direct access to the stadium. The Largo Town Center station, also on the Blue Line, is one mile away from the stadium.

That would be a third of the distance, at best.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Woz wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

http://www.wmata.com/getting_around/metro_events/venues.cfm#FedEx_Field
Quote:
One option fans have is direct Metrorail service to FedEx Field. The Morgan Boulevard station on the Blue Line is the closest station to FedEx Field. The station is nine-tenths of a mile from the stadium and a new walkway offers direct access to the stadium. The Largo Town Center station, also on the Blue Line, is one mile away from the stadium.

That would be a third of the distance, at best.

Ok. I've seen the plans where they will be putting the metro stops west of Dulles. Given the tons of space out there and the ability to place the stadium close to one of the stops, how are you assuming it will be over 3 miles?

The Western terminus of the Silver line will be where the Greenway and Loudoun County Pkwy intersect. And TRUST me, there is plenty of space to place a stadium there between LCP and Broad Run (just an example) on the North side and to the Southwest of the intersection beyond Centergate drive. Coincidentally, its just down the road (on LCP) from Redskins Park. That is basically 10 minutes from my house. I drive by it almost 20 times a week and marvel at the space available. Wink

It could be done where the metro is right there. Its also right next to an airport so that helps a bit. And its not far from Redskins Park (and hence where the players live).

BTW - this is just an exercise for me. I admit this still causes a traffic issue on gamedays that is probably worse than the one at Fed Ex.

Last edited by Thaiphoon on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just put it where RFK is and make the roads better to the stadium there. It's not hard, it can get done. If they need to do upgrades environmental wise that's fine, they can work out some kind of settlement there. I'm not sure why the unions would be a problem other than they'd want the contracts to build the stadium, which they should get anyways because they can build it better, on time and more efficient than any other work force in the world.

The team is the Washington, DC Redskins! Put the team in DC. The stadium was best when it was in Dc, the team was best when it was in DC and the fans were the best when the team was in DC.

As I said before look at Verizon Center and Nats stadium, wonderful facilities that fans around the DC area love and are well attended.

Just make the new stadium like those and have the area built up around it and it will be wonderful, a meeting point and melting pot for the entire DMV.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Just put it where RFK is and make the roads better to the stadium there. It's not hard, it can get done. If they need to do upgrades environmental wise that's fine, they can work out some kind of settlement there. I'm not sure why the unions would be a problem other than they'd want the contracts to build the stadium, which they should get anyways because they can build it better, on time and more efficient than any other work force in the world.

The team is the Washington, DC Redskins! Put the team in DC. The stadium was best when it was in Dc, the team was best when it was in DC and the fans were the best when the team was in DC.

As I said before look at Verizon Center and Nats stadium, wonderful facilities that fans around the DC area love and are well attended.

Just make the new stadium like those and have the area built up around it and it will be wonderful, a meeting point and melting pot for the entire DMV.

Not.Gonna.Happen.

RFK is worse than Fed Ex in terms of available roads (Admittedly, putting it out by Dulles is probably worse than Fed Ex too). Environmentalist groups will have this in courts for over a decade just like they did with Cooke. Politicians will want their graft as well. And since DC is in receivership the federal politicians will be in on it too. As for unions doing it better, on time and more efficiently, well we'll just have to disagree. I've yet to see a big union construction job that accomplishes all three. For an example of what I'm talking about, google the response to two different earthquakes in California. One was a union rebuild (and still going on) and the other they waived the union requirement and it was done (and done well) in less than 3 years. Just because something is done by a union does not mean its going to be any of those three you mentioned Turtle. In fact, in my experience, its been the opposite. This is not to say a union can't do all three. I have just yet to see it. Wink

But lets not delve into that any further since we're now not talking about football and just disagree. Lets return to your points.

As for Verizon Center and the Nats field. Great. VC requires less space (no one tailgates a basketball/hockey game) and people rarely tailgate a baseball game. So you have less space that is needed. And traffic is still a headache for both sites. Additionally, the city was starved for a baseball team for most of my lifetime which is why they pulled out all the stops for the Nats. They ain't gonna do that for the Redskins since they still "have" them.

Either way, unless the city lays out a gold brick road for Snyder and gives him a ton of stuff, I can guarantee you that the only place the Redskins are staying is in Maryland (and near Fed Ex if they build a new stadium while still playing at Fed Ex). Maryland wants to keep them in state. DC is going to make it hard for him to return and Virginia will be the most welcoming of all except for the fact that I'll admit that putting it out by Dulles would mean more of a traffic headache than Fed Ex now (but certainly less than putting it in DC).

So, like it or not. They ain't moving from MD.

PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 Thai.

Just wondering. Were you laughing as hard as I was?

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
Woz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thai, I may be wrong, but part of the reason the land is open there is because of Dulles. I'm not sure you can zone that land for something as big as a football stadium without safety issues. I'm not saying you can't, but I wonder if that WMATA would step in.

I assume we're talking about the triangle formed by LCP, the Greenway, and Old Ryan Road? Or are you thinking of the area kind of bounded by LCP to the west and north, Greenway to the south, and Lockridge Rd to the east (kind of makes an upside down L shape)?

I would be curious where you the Redskins would move to in Maryland. Unless they are planning to move further into PG County, could they build a new stadium in MD?
Woz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And we won't be talking about that again, now shall we, turtle?
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
And we won't be talking about that again, now shall we, turtle?
well tell them to quit bringing up the subject. Thai mentions it in his post a page back and people expect me not to respond when it's my job. I don't say get rid of all small businesses and get rid of musicians to Thai and Parrothead. I think a little more respect for a person and their families livelihood is warranted from them.

I don't bash them at all, but every once in a while I have to deal with bashing from them and my way of life. I'm tired of it! I deal with enough unwarranted bashing in the real world every day of my life, then I have to come into the redskins forum and get it from fellow posters. It's BS

Woz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed it in theirs, but yours was blatant.

This is the end of that topic. Capiche?
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No body is bashing turtle. Its just to political for the forum cause its one of those things where theres no real middle ground. Either for or against.
Thai and myself know your stance. And you already know how we see it. So leave it be. Quit with the hype.
Works for you and your family. Congrats. Im happy yall live a nice life from it.
No ill will is being wished around here.

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: