Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Ravens Thoughts Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 63, 64, 65  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rayvens4sb wrote:
I thought this was a pretty interesting and classy statement by Cam Cameron. Pretty unusual to see a recently fired coach admit it was the right decision.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000130499/article/cam-cameron-ravens-firing-me-was-a-brilliant-move

Yeah, heard about this today. He could've taken the Cundiff route and responded bitterly, but I appreciate that attitude. I wonder if he'd react differently had DTMB gone through with the public stoning, though. Cool

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:
rayvens4sb wrote:
I thought this was a pretty interesting and classy statement by Cam Cameron. Pretty unusual to see a recently fired coach admit it was the right decision.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000130499/article/cam-cameron-ravens-firing-me-was-a-brilliant-move

Yeah, heard about this today. He could've taken the Cundiff route and responded bitterly, but I appreciate that attitude. I wonder if he'd react differently had DTMB gone through with the public stoning, though. Cool

Trust me, if DTMB and I went with the public stoning, Cam wouldn't be so appreciative of the organization right now Wink

SteelKing728 wrote:
I got Andrew Luck winning MVP this year

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:
rayvens4sb wrote:

Trust me, if DTMB and I went with the public stoning, Cam wouldn't be so appreciative of the organization right now Wink

What a class organization we are, firing our coaches humanely

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rayvens4sb wrote:

Honestly, he better be rooting for Baltimore. Because I'm sure he'd still get a Super Bowl ring... he did guide this team to a 9-3 start and was apart of the coaching staff for most over 75% of the season.

And no one can take away the Super Bowl that he definitely earned. It's not like he was fired at the beginning of the year. The guy did put in work. He might not have been our best option in advancing our offense to the next level, but he was such a valuable contributor to the team through the draft process and the preseason training and training camp, etc... that any win we get, will be a win he was associated with. He'd have had more to do with this team that say, Juan Castillo. Heck, he's still on contract until this season is up... and that alone makes him a Super Bowl ring recipient. Sure there has to be some bitterness, but I like his approach. His firing, along with the return of Lewis, and then the shifting of the OL were all very important steps in bringing this team completely together... and healing itself into being the team of its potential.

Our offense is more variable sure... and for Cam to deny that would make him an idiot. But his other point about refocusing this team is indeed spot on as well. It was akin to a start player going down with an injury, others had to step up to ensure that 'they weren't next'... and those others did under Caldwell's guidance.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
rayvens4sb wrote:

Honestly, he better be rooting for Baltimore. Because I'm sure he'd still get a Super Bowl ring... he did guide this team to a 9-3 start and was apart of the coaching staff for most over 75% of the season.

And no one can take away the Super Bowl that he definitely earned. It's not like he was fired at the beginning of the year. The guy did put in work. He might not have been our best option in advancing our offense to the next level, but he was such a valuable contributor to the team through the draft process and the preseason training and training camp, etc... that any win we get, will be a win he was associated with. He'd have had more to do with this team that say, Juan Castillo. Heck, he's still on contract until this season is up... and that alone makes him a Super Bowl ring recipient. Sure there has to be some bitterness, but I like his approach. His firing, along with the return of Lewis, and then the shifting of the OL were all very important steps in bringing this team completely together... and healing itself into being the team of its potential.

Our offense is more variable sure... and for Cam to deny that would make him an idiot. But his other point about refocusing this team is indeed spot on as well. It was akin to a start player going down with an injury, others had to step up to ensure that 'they weren't next'... and those others did under Caldwell's guidance.

This may ultimately be the book on Cameron. He seems to be great at preparing QB's in the early years of their careers (Flacco, Rivers, and Brees), but ill-equipped to handle them once they've matured. Much like a parent who is spectacular with children at early ages, but just doesn't know how to cope with the teenage years. Wasn't he very involved in the scouting/evaluation of guys like Joe and Torrey? I could see him as a valuable asset to another team, maybe not as an OC, but as a QB coach that also wears the scout hat to a degree.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
rayvens4sb wrote:

This may ultimately be the book on Cameron. He seems to be great at preparing QB's in the early years of their careers (Flacco, Rivers, and Brees), but ill-equipped to handle them once they've matured. Much like a parent who is spectacular with children at early ages, but just doesn't know how to cope with the teenage years. Wasn't he very involved in the scouting/evaluation of guys like Joe and Torrey? I could see him as a valuable asset to another team, maybe not as an OC, but as a QB coach that also wears the scout hat to a degree.

Cam is just that overprotective parent. As a youngster, it's all fine and dandy. But once they start to get older and you have to loosen the reins a bit, he's unable to do so. He wants his kid to go to the prom with the school hottie, but he wants to tag along. He wanted Joe to be "the guy" on the team, evidenced by ignoring the run game, but didn't want Joe to do it by himself.

^ I don't quite get why simon made this my losing sig about the Chiefs. I don't think I've made a single post in this forum.

XBL GT: kanxalanx
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
rayvens4sb wrote:

He was definitely very instrumental in having Flacco brought in. From what I remember an area scout was contact by the University of Deleware staff and told he NEEDED to look at Flacco... scout looks, sends word back to Ozzie and company that their was a kid with talent that they needed to take a look at. By this time Harbaugh is brought along... along with Cam, Cam is now the most instrumental coach in determining what he needs at QB. He was heavily involved in scouting Joe at the combine (I remember seeing him there watching it) and he ran the workout when Flacco came here for his visit.

In terms of Torrey... I'm not quite sure how much involvement he had exactly, but I do know that until we drafted Torrey, the front office had never had much success with selecting a WR in the draft. So obviously, I think its most fair to attribute at least some of that Torrey success with Cam's ability to recognize offensive talent.

So yeah, I think wherever Cam goes, they'd be lucky to have him- at least early on. Cam is going to make sure his franchise QB is brought along at a comfortable pace so as to not damage them early... and he's going to be able to recognize offensive talent. Teams that are rebuilding and not necessarily in the cellar would do well to add Cam IMO. I think he could be a good fit for a team like the Vikings. They have a great RB... and by next season I fully believe Christian Ponder is looking to be replaced for a true franchise QB... and I think Cam would be a great fit there. He could find them offensive talent and a QB... and along with Peterson would be able to turn the Vikings into a much more talented unit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else see this Shocked http://notbillwalton.lockerdome.com/media/105201152
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rayvens4sb wrote:
Anyone else see this Shocked http://notbillwalton.lockerdome.com/media/105201152

Yeah... I don't understand this, purple shades is more than enough to get his point across. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Observation. Everytime the world is supposed to end we win the Super Bowl.

Free Ray Rice
Integrity

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Hmm, I wonder when the next apocalyptic event is supposed to be? Laughing

Edit - According to Wikipedia its 2020. Cool

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integrity wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Hmm, I wonder when the next apocalyptic event is supposed to be? Laughing

Edit - According to Wikipedia its 2020. Cool

Maybe we could give Apophis a little nudge back in our direction as well.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing a run through in my head of players who could make this years top 100

Obvious

Flacco
Rice
Reed
Ngata
Suggs(depending on how they factor the time missed)

Probably

Leach
Boldin

Really good chance

Jones
Torrey
Yanda(should be obvious but he's a guard)
Pollard

Outside shot

Ellerbe

And then there is Webb who definitely is but probably won't make the vote.

Free Ray Rice
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Lewis and Joe Flacco, our two Super Bowl MVPs, both won their first title in their fifth year.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
RayBringsPain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about Flacco's next contract...does anyone think he's gonna want and get 20 mil per season? I see more like 18 mil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 18 of 65

Jump to: