Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions Release Titus Young - Could he be the answer at slot?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
chisoxguy7


Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Posts: 2805
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Lions Release Titus Young - Could he be the answer at slot? Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8914628/titus-young-released-detroit-lions

Sure, he's had some issues, but after the way we've seen Brandon turn things around, perhaps he could act as a mentor to Young.

He's got something to prove, therefore he'll come cheap. Could also teach us some things about what the Lions do.

What are your thoughts?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Los Osos


Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Posts: 512
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Lions Release Titus Young - Could he be the answer at sl Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8914628/titus-young-released-detroit-lions

Sure, he's had some issues, but after the way we've seen Brandon turn things around, perhaps he could act as a mentor to Young.

He's got something to prove, therefore he'll come cheap. Could also teach us some things about what the Lions do.

What are your thoughts?


A player that the Lions released for character issues? No.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chisoxguy7


Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Posts: 2805
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Lions Release Titus Young - Could he be the answer at sl Reply with quote

Los Osos wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8914628/titus-young-released-detroit-lions

Sure, he's had some issues, but after the way we've seen Brandon turn things around, perhaps he could act as a mentor to Young.

He's got something to prove, therefore he'll come cheap. Could also teach us some things about what the Lions do.

What are your thoughts?


A player that the Lions released for character issues? No.


The general consensus elsewhere was that this will likely serve to wake Titus up and some other team will get the "good Titus". There's no denying he has talent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SOCalBearsFan54


Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 689
Location: Los Angeles
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO. Sure he might be a great player with some moments here and their but he is not worth the drama he brings to a football team. Even when he was playing at Boise St. he seemed very arrogant to me. There are better options in FA and in the draft.
_________________


2014 Adopt a Bear: WR Brandon Marshall #15
Rec- Yards- TDs- Yac-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chisoxguy7


Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Posts: 2805
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
NO. Sure he might be a great player with some moments here and their but he is not worth the drama he brings to a football team. Even when he was playing at Boise St. he seemed very arrogant to me. There are better options in FA and in the draft.


I can't help but think that his release, coupled with what Brandon has done with his life and new-found mentoring prowess could make Titus into a player we could use. He'd come real cheap and if he doesn't prove himself, we could release him. He's only 24 or something, we'd have a great WR core for the next 5-7 years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7867
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
NO. Sure he might be a great player with some moments here and their but he is not worth the drama he brings to a football team. Even when he was playing at Boise St. he seemed very arrogant to me. There are better options in FA and in the draft.


I can't help but think that his release, coupled with what Brandon has done with his life and new-found mentoring prowess could make Titus into a player we could use. He'd come real cheap and if he doesn't prove himself, we could release him. He's only 24 or something, we'd have a great WR core for the next 5-7 years.
I wouldn't care if they brought him in for an interview but would not expect much from him. They should be scouring the woods for another WR though, it is true.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5440
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont want him on this teams. The kid is an idiot. He tanked a play.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 18949
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: Lions Release Titus Young - Could he be the answer at sl Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8914628/titus-young-released-detroit-lions

Sure, he's had some issues, but after the way we've seen Brandon turn things around, perhaps he could act as a mentor to Young.

He's got something to prove, therefore he'll come cheap. Could also teach us some things about what the Lions do.

What are your thoughts?
So let me get this straight, you want to sign a guy who quite literally quit on his team and even sabotaged them?? Look Brandon turned things around b/c a) he was never a bad guy to begin w/ and b) he only acted like he did b/c of his illness which he HAS SOUGHT TREATMENT FOR.
In order to change somebody has to want to change, all indications from Young is that he doesn't want to change.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Walshy


Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 1127
Location: Connecticut
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Exactly. Gotta back up my Major Wright support group.
_________________

Adopt-Bear:Jon Bostic Tackles: 56 INT:1 Sack:1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Wes


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 768
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if he turns it around and becomes worthy of the 2nd round pick Detroit spent on him, the answer is a huge resounding NO for me.

Guy tried to sabotage his team, that disgusts me. Brandon Marshall gets just as many looks from Jay as CJ does from Matt, no way we can keep him happy here.

I hope the guy never gets a chance to play again in the NFL, period.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SOCalBearsFan54


Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 689
Location: Los Angeles
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
NO. Sure he might be a great player with some moments here and their but he is not worth the drama he brings to a football team. Even when he was playing at Boise St. he seemed very arrogant to me. There are better options in FA and in the draft.


I can't help but think that his release, coupled with what Brandon has done with his life and new-found mentoring prowess could make Titus into a player we could use. He'd come real cheap and if he doesn't prove himself, we could release him. He's only 24 or something, we'd have a great WR core for the next 5-7 years.


Brandon is mentoring Alshon who has true talent, something to prove and all the upside. Would much rather have Marshall and Alshon joined at the hip for the next 6 months and numerous offseasons ahead. Yeah he would come cheap but I don't think he is the answer for us what so ever. There has also never been "the good Titus".
_________________


2014 Adopt a Bear: WR Brandon Marshall #15
Rec- Yards- TDs- Yac-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wes


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 768
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Espn, Calvin Johnson was the most targeted receiver in 2012 with 205 footballs thrown his way.

The second most targeted receiver? Brandon Marshall, with 194 looks. 11 less than Johnson.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving/sort/receivingYards/seasontype/2

Not to mention Matt Stafford threw 727 passes, almost 250 passes more than Cutler and Campbell combined (485).

Titus Young in the most pass happy offense in the entire NFL, isn't happy because CJ gets the ball more.

Brandon Marshall is targeted in a higher percentage of his QBs passes than CJ is, how will Titus Young fit in here?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sugashane


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 988
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's T.O. without the talent, potential, and work ethic.

No chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ak06max


Joined: 11 Jun 2008
Posts: 1241
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bears2308


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 2431
Location: Indianapolis
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too many other options then bringing in this head-case.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group