Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ray Lewis Appreciation Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Ray Lewis Appreciation Thread Reply with quote

Well guys, it's over...Ray Lewis went out as a champion and now we will never see him play another down of football Crying or Very sad

With that being said, it's time to start the RLAT! Post any pictures or GIF's that are memorable to you about Ray Lewis, or simply post a pargarph or sentence about Ray, but please keep it positive, we don't need any BS about the murder case or deer antler stuff (which I'm sure we Ravens fans would never do, but just saying).

Also feel free to post any codes for Sigs or Avi's, because I know that I for sure want a brand new Ray Lewis AVI an SIG now that we won the Superb Owl!

SteelKing728 wrote:
I got Andrew Luck winning MVP this year

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The greatest. I'm not sure if any other words would do it justice.

Ray Lewis has been there through our entire journey - the awful years of the '90s, the incredible Super Bowl run in 2000, the frustration and mediocrity that defined the rest of the Billick era, the constant playoff heartbreak, and the magical run we've just witnessed. From beginning to end, he has given us memories that we will cherish forever. So much to reflect on.

If anyone deserves to go out as a champion, it's Ray.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smurf yeah Ray! You did it and you did it in style
draftguru1234

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best leader in sports I have ever seen. And this run was the perfect example of just how good a leader the guy is. Sure he was nowhere near his legendary self, but without Ray-Ray, we would not be world champs right now.

While the team might be able to upgrade the position, we will never see a leader like him again. Its going to be very strange to have no #52 firing up the team anymore.

Its been a pleasure watching you. See ya in Canton.
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of memorable moments on Ray. My most favorite one would be the first link, but all....still great for the GREATEST linebacker to ever play the game.

"The 4th down stop:" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ6H9o0lpvA

"The death of Dustin Keller:" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbMBW7GmX1E

"The real reason why Chad Johsnon changed his name to Ochocinco:" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxc4DRqepHs&NR=1&feature=endscreen

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently he motivated this strange hipster man to compete in the Olympics, AND SUCCEED:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best ILB ever. Best defensive leader ever. It's definitely going to be weird next year. Hopefully he comes back to be a coach for the Ravens after he takes a break from football to spend time with his kids.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a Chad Johnson highlight vid, but the best part is at 2:08.

http://youtu.be/MeOxw8ll2sc?t=2m8s

"I tried to hit Ray when he wasn't looking, and I lost... bad."

What can I say about the greatest middle linebacker to ever play the game? How about thank you? Thank you Ray, for making the first 17 years of an upstart franchise so special.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't believe it. I can't believe he'll never be there to play another down. JO leaving was one thing, but Ray leaving... he's just been... he's the man. I'm not sure any team can mean more to me than this one. So many on this team were home grown Ravens... and Ray was, Jon Ogden aside, the first. And now he's gone.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

It was 1997. I was around 11 years old. I went to a 1 week summer camp in Baltimore, Camp Sunrise for cancer survivors. We got invited to Ravens training camp.

We were toured by a rookie Peter Boulware nice guy, played games, watched football all that fun stuff. We all huddled around a 2nd year player by the name of Ray Lewis. I was so scared at that time the best question I could come up with was "how much do you weigh?". I got him to laugh at least then he showed me Ogden and Sarigusa and I couldn't fathom how a human could be 300lbs. (Goose just looked like the meanest human being on earth by the way).

We talked a little and he signed my football and hat. Since that day I vowed to support my Ravens. I hope one day to meet Ray Ray again.

Hey at least I can say I made Ray Lewis laugh.

Sad
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one play I will never forget from Ray Lewis was that hit on Darren Sproles. Seriously the greatest single play I've ever seen in any sport that I've ever watched!

It's so great to see him go out as a champion and the legacy he leaves behind and all that good stuff. Man, the day he gets his jersey retired and officially becomes a HOFer I'm going to have chills SO damn bad!

SteelKing728 wrote:
I got Andrew Luck winning MVP this year

Official stalker victim of Harper41.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: