Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Upside to the Rats Winning
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Upside to the Rats Winning Reply with quote

Flaco will want a brinks truck contract which will put more Raven free agents on the market.

there are 3 FA's that would help out the Browns.

A.Jones 34 DE. P.Krugar 34 SOLB & CB C.Williams
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
hornbybrown


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 16181
Location: 1600 Pennyslvania Ave
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: Upside to the Rats Winning Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
Flaco will want a brinks truck contract which will put more Raven free agents on the market.

there are 3 FA's that would help out the Browns.

A.Jones 34 DE. P.Krugar 34 SOLB & CB C.Williams


C Williams can go jump off a tall building. That punk should of been ejected.
_________________


Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
duke2056


Joined: 21 Feb 2005
Posts: 8491
Location: Cleveland area
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is kind of a parallel to people who root for the Browns to lose late season meaningless games for better draft picks. It sucks to lose, but you know it gives you more valuable picks and theoretically helps your teams.

For this, it sucks seeing the Ravens win, but the future fallout theoretically should make them a little worse, such as Flacco's contract and maybe a few other guys who will want to get paid better. Oh yeah, and pick 32 instead of pick 31, yippee.

Either way, I hate seeing both happen.
_________________
2014 draft prediction:

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fsubrowns9510


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 13467
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no upside.

At all
_________________


Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Estonianzulu


Moderator
Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 26653
Location: Middle of Nowhere VA
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:

Either way, I hate seeing both happen.



Yeah, I'd agree except... They won the Super Bowl. There's no other goal
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kelbot


Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 2169
Location: Dayton, OH
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to find upside in them winning. Lewis' salary is coming off the books. By the time Pitta and Smith need extensions, Reed, Boldin, Suggs, etc. will become expendable. Newsome will have replacements in line (god, I hate how magnificently brilliant that man is at evaluating talent).

The upside in them being the old Browns is that we never had to root for Ray Lewis. I can't imagine trying to defend him.
_________________
There's always money in the banana stand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StewieRules


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 1649
Location: jacksonville
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There is no upside.

At all


This.

Them winning the SB goes down about as smooth as a nice tall glass of battery acid -metaphorically speaking of course.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fsubrowns9510


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 13467
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StewieRules wrote:
Quote:
There is no upside.

At all


This.

Them winning the SB goes down about as smooth as a nice tall glass of battery acid -metaphorically speaking of course.


Might be willing to actually try that.

Now I just need a Bills super bowl and a Bengals super bowl to finish me off.
_________________


Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 42898
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope Rees considers retiring now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fsubrowns9510


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 13467
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
I just hope Rees considers retiring now


I assume you meant reed and he aint gonna

Him and Harbaugh already talked about him returning to Baltimore
_________________


Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 31708
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kelbot wrote:
Hard to find upside in them winning. Lewis' salary is coming off the books. By the time Pitta and Smith need extensions, Reed, Boldin, Suggs, etc. will become expendable. Newsome will have replacements in line (god, I hate how magnificently brilliant that man is at evaluating talent).

The upside in them being the old Browns is that we never had to root for Ray Lewis. I can't imagine trying to defend him.


U never know, if ray Lewis is with the browns he isn't in the ATL during the 1999superbowl and he need gets involved with that crime and he just has a Cleveland record.

If the browns never move the history of players and nfl would be drastically different
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12348
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
StewieRules wrote:
Quote:
There is no upside.

At all


This.

Them winning the SB goes down about as smooth as a nice tall glass of battery acid -metaphorically speaking of course.


Might be willing to actually try that.

Now I just need a Bills super bowl and a Bengals super bowl to finish me off.


If this happens game over I'm out
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cortes02


Joined: 17 Oct 2006
Posts: 2092
Location: Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized that after last nights win, the AFC North is the "ONLY" Division that can say they have 2 Superbowl winning QB's. I hope that someday very soon the Browns QB play can match or even exceed those two QB's.

Peace!!
_________________

Sig By Kempes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
duke2056


Joined: 21 Feb 2005
Posts: 8491
Location: Cleveland area
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
kelbot wrote:
Hard to find upside in them winning. Lewis' salary is coming off the books. By the time Pitta and Smith need extensions, Reed, Boldin, Suggs, etc. will become expendable. Newsome will have replacements in line (god, I hate how magnificently brilliant that man is at evaluating talent).

The upside in them being the old Browns is that we never had to root for Ray Lewis. I can't imagine trying to defend him.


U never know, if ray Lewis is with the browns he isn't in the ATL during the 1999superbowl and he need gets involved with that crime and he just has a Cleveland record.

If the browns never move the history of players and nfl would be drastically different


Drastically BETTER you mean?
_________________
2014 draft prediction:

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fsubrowns9510


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 13467
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
StewieRules wrote:
Quote:
There is no upside.

At all


This.

Them winning the SB goes down about as smooth as a nice tall glass of battery acid -metaphorically speaking of course.


Might be willing to actually try that.

Now I just need a Bills super bowl and a Bengals super bowl to finish me off.


If this happens game over I'm out


You're not alone brother.
_________________


Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group