Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Everything Else Thread VI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 76, 77, 78  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Shocked Your not? Explain the women's success? UT basketball was put on the map thanks to them. The greatest women's college basketball program ever IMO.

They're a football school. Always have been, always will be. When you're in the news for some of the worst attendance in recent history with 80-90k still showing up, you're a football school. But, the women's team is definitely big around this area, but I wouldn't say that UT is a bball school. And I'd agree with your assessment of the women's program. I'd go as far to say that Pat Summitt is one of the leading figures in all of women's sports' history.
-Hope-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
Destroying Duke in a sold-out, rockin' BankUnited Center in front of 8000 fans and several high-profile football recruits, stealing our offensive coordinator from FSU, and discovering that the NCAA screwed the pooch on our investigation? This is the best week of Miami sports ever! Laughing

Coming back to this, how does the top team in the ACC only have 8,000 fans at a game against Duke? Our team blows chode and we average 16,000 Laughing

I mean, our stadium holds 8,000 people, so... Laughing

Ken Whisenhunt is a terrible coach and needs to be fired.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrible night

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at it on the bright side: that's the last "I just took some bad bath salts" dance we will ever have to see.

Hard to remember a Super Bowl when both teams were so hard to root for. Thank goodness it's over.

I finished 3rd overall in my quest for $10K on NFLRush. Sad Not too bad for a contest where over 100,000 people entered!

Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories. - John Wilmot
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys. Atleast the Texans didn't win! <3 Smile Congrats to ray ray.

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
-Nate "The Great" Washington
Rec: 12 Yds: 160 TD: 0
-Ryan Succop
FG: 9/11 Long: 47
titans0021

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I watched that game, I think it slowly started to hit me that Baltimore is my least favorite team in football. I always knew I despised them, but sitting down and watching them win a SB pained me more than any Pats/Steelers SB. At least I'll never have to watch Ray Lewis play football again. Tons of respect due to him as a player, but I, personally, won't miss him a bit. And I wouldn't mind if he took Ed Reed with him.

Note: Tons of bitterness in this post.
-Hope-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
As I watched that game, I think it slowly started to hit me that Baltimore is my least favorite team in football. I always knew I despised them, but sitting down and watching them win a SB pained me more than any Pats/Steelers SB. At least I'll never have to watch Ray Lewis play football again. Tons of respect due to him as a player, but I, personally, won't miss him a bit. And I wouldn't mind if he took Ed Reed with him.

I was strangely apathetic about the Super Bowl this year. It kind of hit me that I'm just starting to become more apathetic about the Titans (and consequently the NFL as a whole). Watching my beloved Hurricanes play with passion, resilience and fire the Titans (and my Vols for that matter) could never dream of has made me realize just how pathetic these two teams have been in recent years, and it's making it even harder to care about them. It's also nice to know what it's like to have faith in the coaching staff of your team as well.

I obviously wouldn't ever jump ship on the Titans, but it's hard to care about them when I can count on the Canes bringing it every week, win or lose. I sincerely hope the Titans reach that point in the near future, but things don't look too bright right now.

titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I could relate. Still live and die with every Titans play. Maybe it's because I'm also a Badgers fan, so I've had to deal with a lot of disappointment whenever football is concerned (3 straight Rose Bowl losses).

God I just want a title. Preferably Titans, but even Badgers or Brewers would suffice. I really would just like to know the feeling of rooting for a team that won it's last meaningful game.

But yes, the last couple years as a Titans fan have done a number on me. I miss the days when I entered every Sunday thinking/knowing that there was a great chance we were going to come away with a W. The ship eventually has to be righted, but I'm just so tired of the Ravens, Steelers, Patriots and Colts always in the SB. Every year. Every. Single. Year.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

I was strangely apathetic about the Super Bowl this year. It kind of hit me that I'm just starting to become more apathetic about the Titans (and consequently the NFL as a whole). Watching my beloved Hurricanes play with passion, resilience and fire the Titans (and my Vols for that matter) could never dream of has made me realize just how pathetic these two teams have been in recent years, and it's making it even harder to care about them. It's also nice to know what it's like to have faith in the coaching staff of your team as well.

I obviously wouldn't ever jump ship on the Titans, but it's hard to care about them when I can count on the Canes bringing it every week, win or lose. I sincerely hope the Titans reach that point in the near future, but things don't look too bright right now.

It all starts with coaching. Coach Golden and Coach L are two great coaches which is why The U plays with fire and are turning it around. Titans have no identity. Starts with Munchak and company. Maybe Williams will bring some fire and passion but I doubt it.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wish Bud Adams had thrown the money and package that he offered to Peyton to Jim Harbaugh two years ago. The intensity and his ability to develop quarterbacks is absolutely insane. Can only imagine what he could have done with Jake. So very jealous.
-Hope-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Wish I could relate. Still live and die with every Titans play. Maybe it's because I'm also a Badgers fan, so I've had to deal with a lot of disappointment whenever football is concerned (3 straight Rose Bowl losses).

God I just want a title. Preferably Titans, but even Badgers or Brewers would suffice. I really would just like to know the feeling of rooting for a team that won it's last meaningful game.

But yes, the last couple years as a Titans fan have done a number on me. I miss the days when I entered every Sunday thinking/knowing that there was a great chance we were going to come away with a W. The ship eventually has to be righted, but I'm just so tired of the Ravens, Steelers, Patriots and Colts always in the SB. Every year. Every. Single. Year.

And the thing is, Miami isn't even really that great. They're certainly on the upswing, which is exciting, but they're not there yet. It's just the way they play and the approach of our coaches that makes them and the Titans/Vols night and day.

titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like I went over 20,000 posts without actually realizing it. Very disappointing news. Laughing
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went into the Super Bowl rooting for the 49ers.

Following the lights going out, and the 49ers surging, I couldn't help but root for the Ravens. And outside of probably 4 teams, I hate it when circumstances give an advantage to the other team.

Ultimately, I didn't care much for who won the game. Ravens won, and they deserved it. Good for them, and I'll go right back to disliking them. But they played damn good playoff football, and it was entertaining to watch.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just talking about Super Bowl pains....

At least when the Titans lost, I didn't feel cheated. Disappointed, but not cheated.

If I was a 49ers fan, I'd feel cheated and if the Ravens would have lost, I'd felt very cheated due to that blackout and lost momentum.

Last edited by KingTitan on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
lamont

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Just talking about Super Bowl pains....

At least when the Titans won, I didn't feel cheated. Disappointed, but not cheated.

If I was a 49ers fan, I'd feel cheated and if the Ravens would have lost, I'd felt very cheated due to that blackout and lost momentum.

You meant lost right? Shocked Laughing
The 49ers came up 5 yards short and the Titans came up a yard short. I bet both games hurt the same. The 49ers will look back on this game for years and think about the plays they left on the field. I know the old Titan players think about that Super Bowl and realize they left some plays on that field long before Dyson came up a yard short. You have to play in the moment, because you will probably never make it back to that big stage and it will definately not be with that same exact team with the turnover rate in free agency now. Perfect example is the Ravens will have to possibly cut Boldin, Jacoby Jones and not resign Ed Reed to pay Flacco and Paul Kruger. Embrace the opportunity to win the Super Bowl, because you may not get a chance again. Unless you are Randy Moss, who stunk up the field last night. Rolling Eyes I really thought he would go all out after he lost with the patriots, but he was not selling out like a guy hungry to get his ring like Boldin was last night.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 76, 77, 78  Next
Page 40 of 78

Jump to: