Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Larry Allen made it to the 2013 HOF Class
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoyz4life wrote:
Only guy that I prolly wouldn't have put in as 1st time was Sapp. IMO, 1st timers have to truly be transcendent players, players that every team tries to find. LA and Ogden were/are that. Teams are always looking for next Allen and/or Ogden. Not saying Sapp wasn't deserving but I think some of the other guys who've been waiting for a bit should have gotten in this time and Sapp next year. But, still a great, well deserving class.

In my opinion, Sapp was a transcendent player because he proved that interior defensive linemen can also be counted on to get sacks. Although he wasn't the first DT with pass rushing skills, he was one of the best in the history of the game from that position. He helped redefine how the DT spot can be used on an NFL field. To me, that's a transcendent player.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoyz4life wrote:
Only guy that I prolly wouldn't have put in as 1st time was Sapp. IMO, 1st timers have to truly be transcendent players, players that every team tries to find. LA and Ogden were/are that. Teams are always looking for next Allen and/or Ogden. Not saying Sapp wasn't deserving but I think some of the other guys who've been waiting for a bit should have gotten in this time and Sapp next year. But, still a great, well deserving class.

I wish Reed would have made it instead of Carter. I admit I have a bias towards Carter. I just don't like the guy.

4life I understand what you mean by a first ballot player but if that was a consideration you would have to have seperate halls for first ballot guys etc. 4 life I don't know if you have ever visited the hof . It is one cool place to visit. I was fortunate enough to see one of my friends inducted and had on field credentials. The year was 07. It is by far the pinnacle of my football fandom. I still have my tickets and lanyards (my wife went also) hanging on my wall.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: