Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2013 Off-Season Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 84, 85, 86  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justing101

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Release Amano, Babs, Tracy Wilson, Tim Shaw, Steve Hutchinson, Lavelle Hawkins, Jamie Harper, Darren Evans, Daniel Baldridge, Al Afalava, Martell Webb, Suaesi Tuimaunei, Mitch Petrus, and Hasselback.

2. Save around 20 million in cap space, and then we would have around 40 million in cap space.

3. Yeah, you can call me Justin the capologist. Too bad we will not release Hasselback or Hutchinson though.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
1. Release Amano, Babs, Tracy Wilson, Tim Shaw, Steve Hutchinson, Lavelle Hawkins, Jamie Harper, Darren Evans, Daniel Baldridge, Al Afalava, Martell Webb, Suaesi Tuimaunei, Mitch Petrus, and Hasselback.

2. Save around 20 million in cap space, and then we would have around 40 million in cap space.

3. Yeah, you can call me Justin the capologist. Too bad we will not release Hasselback or Hutchinson though.

And CJ. 50 mil.
justing101

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
justing101 wrote:

And CJ. 50 mil.

Yeah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130204/SPORTS01/302040051/Titans-lots-cap-room

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions just released Vanden Bosch.

Hmm. Could be decent depth.

Props to "Peppers90" on the sig
Titan@USMC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Washburn signing on with the team and then him just getting cut unless this is strictly a money saving cut. Along with only haveing 3.5 sacks this last year he might not have much left in his tank.
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hass open to restructuring his contract to stay a Titan. Rolling Eyes

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/06/matt-hasselbeck-open-to-renegotiating-contract/

Quote:
“I would be excited about the opportunity because it would be basically having the opportunity to stay,” Hasselbeck said, via John Glennon of the Tennessean. “But again, there’s so much that goes into those things. But from my perspective, yeah, absolutely.”

The issue of renegotiating is likely appealing to Hasselbeck because it would likely mean at least an additional year would be added to his contract. A pay cut might be a different matter, although it’s not clear that the Titans would be willing pull the plug on Hasselbeck at that price. Locker is established as the starter, but he’ll be coming off of shoulder surgery and the team might feel more secure with Hasselbeck even at his original price.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
justing101

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/06/matt-hasselbeck-open-to-renegotiating-contract/

Quote:
“I would be excited about the opportunity because it would be basically having the opportunity to stay,” Hasselbeck said, via John Glennon of the Tennessean. “But again, there’s so much that goes into those things. But from my perspective, yeah, absolutely.”

The issue of renegotiating is likely appealing to Hasselbeck because it would likely mean at least an additional year would be added to his contract. A pay cut might be a different matter, although it’s not clear that the Titans would be willing pull the plug on Hasselbeck at that price. Locker is established as the starter, but he’ll be coming off of shoulder surgery and the team might feel more secure with Hasselbeck even at his original price.

You barely beat me to it lol

Also.... http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/06/team-by-team-available-cap-adjustments-for-2013/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
lamont wrote:

Quote:

Also.... http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/06/team-by-team-available-cap-adjustments-for-2013/

Wow, the Titans are down to $12.8 million right now. I can see some serious cuts coming. Hass will have to restructure or get cut and resigned to a lower deal. Hutch and Amano should be gone. Also CJ & the other guy on the team with long dreads that takes up a spot in the secondary need to restructure their deals.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
justing101

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
justing101 wrote:
lamont wrote:

Quote:

Wow, the Titans are down to $12.8 million right now. I can see some serious cuts coming. Hass will have to restructure or get cut and resigned to a lower deal. Hutch and Amano should be gone. Also CJ & the other guy on the team with long dreads that takes up a spot in the secondary need to restructure their deals.

No, we have 19.4 million in cap space. The 12.8 is what we have left over from last year.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
lamont wrote:
justing101 wrote:
lamont wrote:

Quote:

No, we have 19.4 million in cap space. The 12.8 is what we have left over from last year.

WHEW! Well I still stand by what I said about letting the above mentioned cuts and restructuring take place. That would clear up another $10 million or so, hopefully they can bring in a free agent class like the year they got Thornton, Mawae, Harper & Hope. Pray

justing101

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
justing101 wrote:
lamont wrote:
justing101 wrote:
lamont wrote:

Quote:

WHEW! Well I still stand by what I said about letting the above mentioned cuts and restructuring take place. That would clear up another $10 million or so, hopefully they can bring in a free agent class like the year they got Thornton, Mawae, Harper & Hope. Pray

I agree. This is a pivotal offseason for us and I hope we sign some good people! and draft good!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
lamont wrote:
justing101 wrote:
lamont wrote:
justing101 wrote:
lamont wrote:

Quote:

I agree. This is a pivotal offseason for us and I hope we sign some good people! and draft good!!!

So much for CJ getting a restructure.

Quote:
According to Profootballtalk, Chris Johnson met with Titans coach Mike Munchak on Thursday, and there was "no mention" of his contract.
Per a source with knowledge of the exchange, it's being interpreted as a "clear sign" the Titans will keep CJ?K. Johnson's contract has been an issue this week because $9 million of his $10 million salary becomes guaranteed on Saturday. Johnson has four seasons and $35 million remaining on his deal. He could be a more serious candidate for release or a massive restructure next offseason.

lamont

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
tennesseetitans Munchak confirms that Chris Johnson and Michael Griffin will both be on the roster tomorrow. #Titans

This is from the press conference this afternoon. The new RB coach is 2nd from left and Shawn Jefferson the new WR coach is 3rd from left. Loggains is next to Jefferson.

TitanSS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that we resigned Michael Griffin last year and are keeping Chris Johnson this year tells me that the biggest problems with our team start up top. Everything trickles down from there and until we have better front office and ownership decision-making our ceiling is average.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 84, 85, 86  Next
Page 18 of 86

Jump to: