Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

S&B88's 2012-2013 Mock Offseason V2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall, it's not bad at all. I appreciate the realistic approach & you not getting carried away.

Re-signings/Cuts: Pretty much agree with everyone listed. Would probably keep Khalif for at least depth. He's not good, but he's really not as bad as people make him out to be.

Draft - Moore is probably the best pick you can make at that spot after the 2 guys ahead of him are off the board. I hope we actually trade down, but like you said, it's too hard to predict those things in a mock. Everything else seems like picks Reggie would actually make. They are lesser known guys & they fill needs (mostly), so I can't complain. Don't really have a problem with Rambo, but I would probably address OL or DL again with that pick.

FA - King Dunlap is atrocious. If you thought Barnes or Smith were bad, you probably don't want to see Dunlap. I wouldn't even want him as depth, personally. SLH would be a nice cheap pickup that fills a big need, so I like that. Like Jenkins, even though I think he will have a lot of suitors. Everything else provides affordable depth.

Final Thought - The DL, OL are still suspect. Gaither at MLB is bad, but we obviously can't fix everything in one offseason. Just looking at our depth chart on defense reminds me how much work we need to do to improve that side of the ball.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
I especially love the obscure OL from a parochial school! It's so McKenzie. The only things you may have missed is McKenzie LOVES to draft a tall CB (minimum 5'11") with speed late. McKenzie loves small school prospects as well.

Hasn't he only had one draft? I though Wolf or Thompson do the drafting in GB.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
La_Vader wrote:
La_Vader wrote:
D+

I do like your mock.

Laughing

My four year old does the same thing: "I don't like green beans... But I do like green beans."

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work with this. In depth presentation. Very good details and I like the draft a lot. I could live with this.
Play4Blood

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
I cant believe you cut McClain and Kelly- the heart of our defense!

I spit a little when I read this. [REMOVED BY NICKBUTERA].

Professor Oak wrote:
Would probably keep Khalif for at least depth. He's not good, but he's really not as bad as people make him out to be.

I would be inclined to agree with this. I'd like to move on from him. But if we're not going to have a better option, he should be offered a 1yr/vet min. deal.

I'd need an adderall and some strong coffee to focus long enough to hammer one of these out. Might give one a shot at some point.

***Even though it's in jest, obscene language is against the rules - NIckButera***

Oakland's new punter. Yes. Punter.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was 50/50 on bringing Barnes back. On one hand, we know what we're going to get; an average RT at best. On the other, Dunlap could be better. On second thought, I'd probably bring Barnes back rather than sign Dunlap. He's more likely to sign here and would probably come cheaper for similar production

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: