Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Not My Mock But I Love It
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
When you think of Dion Jordan, think of him playing a Von Miller role.

You guys are thinking blanket scheme as if all 4-3 and 3-4 defenses are the same. In fact there are different variations of these defense. In our 4-3 we have a pass rush or 3-4 OLB.

To the comment that the Lbs we have now do their job well enough, that's just why we are mediocre. Well enough needs to become excellent. To me, we are lacking speed on both sides of the ball. Dion Jordan gives us an athletic freak at LB and another pass rusher we sorely lack. Who cares about position right now, we should care about playmaker. We need to fix the pass rush, not a position.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1631835
Quote:
Jordan doesn't have the heaviest hands, but he's extremely quick with his mitts, making it tough for blockers to combat them. There are some questions about where his natural position is at the next level, but any creative defensive coordinator will be able to utilize Jordan's impressive blend of size and speed.
My thoughts on Jordan are this I like him alot for the Miami dolphins for many reasons I think him and Vernon can be very interchangeable. They both can line up at DE and strong side backer. Jordan can rush from the 43 and blitz from linebacker and he has unique cover ability's as he has lined up at slot CB for oregon. You can scheme it so many ways and jordan kinda reminds me of a former pro bowl player julian peterson but Jordan has a little more ability to line up at 43 at times. Jordan very much can play 43 strong side backer. Wake solia odrick vernon/jordan with jordan rushing from end from backer and covering TE and RB's in the flat creates so many possibility's and makes us a better pass rushing team and more athletic.

Julian Peterson was a good comparison. You and I are on the same page with this. I think Jordan needs to gain some muscle and strength but that is easily fixable. You can't teach his athleticism, height, speed, or overall ability.

This guy was a TE coming into college and was moved to defense.

We need pass rush. It doesn't matter where it comes from. Just like we need bigger play on offense, but that doesn't necessarily mean WR, it could mean TE, RB, or WR. Dion Jordan is that playmaker on defense.

Just watching more of this guy, he is very disciplined in space. He doesn't get beat in the open field by speed. This is something we are sorely lacking on defense. Every time we face speed, they are able to get around the edge and burn us. Also he can come in on goal line situations and be a redzone threat.

UniversalAuthor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: