Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New 1st-rounder w/explanations & 2nd/3rd round!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stefan52268

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree with you Keth! I don't like Jordan in our scheme either.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a different way of doing a mock. Im sure that almost everyone knows how I feel about Ogeltree. I understand that everyone else loves him but Im not that sold on him. And I cannot see the bengals going LB in the first when they need someone to come in and make plays from day 1. I mean Zim an Lewis love LB and wold easily help Ogletree, but still I dont think he's worth a 1st. as for bernard, yes. Terrence Williams would be the greatest pick at that point. A deep threat oppisite Green is what the Bengals need. You did a good job at filling needs.

I'm curious, are you going to be doing explanations for the 2nd round?
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BengalsEra wrote:
This is a different way of doing a mock. Im sure that almost everyone knows how I feel about Ogeltree. I understand that everyone else loves him but Im not that sold on him. And I cannot see the bengals going LB in the first when they need someone to come in and make plays from day 1. I mean Zim an Lewis love LB and wold easily help Ogletree, but still I dont think he's worth a 1st. as for bernard, yes. Terrence Williams would be the greatest pick at that point. A deep threat oppisite Green is what the Bengals need. You did a good job at filling needs.

I'm curious, are you going to be doing explanations for the 2nd round?

Explanations for the 2nd? Undecided at this point.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An amazing draft for the Jets. This would be a franchise altering draft if I'm correct about those two.
spilltray

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely hate Lacy to the Packers in round 1. I agree the Packers could use a RB, and even that Lacy might be viewed as the best RB in this class, but I don't think he's worth a first round pick and would even have trouble getting behind him at GB's #2 pick. It's a bad year for RBs and I don't really think Lacy is anything special.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suffering_Bills wrote:
The LBC wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
There's really no reason to reach at #11 for a guy who might not even be able to play RT...

Especially in a zone-blocking scheme... Fluker's lateral agility isn't great and he lumbers with his feet. That's darn near a liability in a zone scheme.

All the same, it's still a reach (foregoing value to fill a need) which is something our GM has said he WILL NOT DO. Simply put, team's don't spend near-Top-10 picks on RT's unless their QB is left-handed (which Rivers isn't).

So tell me the ideal pick, and I'll change it.

Really I'm not sure there's a pure ideal pick there. Most likely it's Milliner based off the combination of value-meeting-need (that Telesco has said will be his aim). Which would then make someone like Dallas Thomas a get in the 2nd round. We've got your (Bills') former OL coach and are likely to be running the same mostly-zone scheme that you guys did this past year - thus with Thomas being a comparable prospect to Cordy Glenn (i.e. likely a better guard than a LT, but capable of playing LT in the right scheme), the fit seems to find itself.

Ultimately, I think there's at least 2 total QB's that go in the Top 10 (rookie wage scale + QB being THE premium position is going to be too much for some team to resist even if the crop doesn't blow skirts up) which will push talent down to #11.

Also, I can see Fisher being a possibility for Arizona, but their GM is a staunch BPA advocate and I seriously doubt that he's going to reach for Lane Johnson inside the Top 10. They've got a guy in Nate Potter who did come on strong to close last season and should improve with the added strength a year in a pro weight-training program adds. I'd say they're much more likely to look Warmack over any OT. And why do i bring up Warmack? Because the Browns are, by all accounts, switching back to a 3-4 which means the premium on a WOLB goes up drastically in value for them. That propels Tre Moore's value substantially for them. Norv and Chud have always preached passing to set up the run, not the other way around. Yes, Michael Lombardi is an absolute wild card as a GM, so literally anything is possible, but he's more likely to go gaga for the biggest athletic freak than the safe, solid BPA option.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a great draft if we got those three players

Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
JETSsuperbowl43

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't be happier with that outcome for the Jets.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
An amazing draft for the Jets. This would be a franchise altering draft if I'm correct about those two.

Not a Glennon fan, but that is quite the haul. I love Moore and Patton.
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:

Not a Glennon fan, but that is quite the haul. I love Moore and Patton.

Appreciate the props and all, but, realistically-speaking, I don't REALLY see why Moore is getting SO much love as a pass-rusher...? I mean, he's a DECENT player and all, but what sets him apart as exceptional? Maybe somebody can enlighten me...
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: New 1st-rounder w/explanations & 2nd/3rd round! Reply with quote

No way the Saints draft another big sloppy DT! Just because were switching to a 34 doesn't mean were gonna reach in the 1st round on a player with a questionable work ethic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: