Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

**Official 2013 FFMD 49ers War Room** (updated 3/6/13)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninerfanwheelz wrote:
I was actually planning on making a thread soon about having RJF replace Sopo, and I think he could do so adequately.

I'm down with that deal for RJF, oldie

Cool. Glad for the extra input.

___
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow... pretty cool. Just putting this here and you can add it to page 1 if you feel it is necessary and convenient.

Just click on a logo and you're off...

___
MightyMouse07

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to but in but I definitely think RJF can easily hold down the NT spot for you guys. I think you should focus some on the pass defense side more than the front line. Front 7 is phenomenal for you guys.

“Anytime I step out there I give everything I got, on every single play.” - Ray Lewis
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:

Also, another topic we havent touched on yet. RFA Tramaine Brock. Im cool with bringing him back but I dont think we should give him more then 1 mil. I dont think anyone will try to sign him away from us so he really doesnt have any leverage. Would we be better off letting him walk and trying to sign him cheaper during FA or just letting him walk all together.

I'd like to dump Rogers if possible or restructure his contract and also bring in a rookie CB.

No on Brock...I'd rather draft someone to pick up his spot as the 5th CB maybe we end up with another Cully but at this point I know what Brock is and he isnt someone we can count on to step up.

Rogers has earned his contract, he should have one solid year left but If you think theres a better option than him jump on it otherwise keep him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless we have some wild trading up of picks, we should have a pick to burn on that 5th CB somewhere along the way. No, I wouldn't bother with Brock either.

___
oldman9er

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
Question

I am aware we can re-sign one UFA before he hits the market. What if we tagged another; can we restructure a better deal for him?

In other words, we work out a deal with one UFA, then use our tag on another. Can we work a better, more reasonable deal with the person we tagged as well?

We will discuss and get back to you

Was reading the last page in the GM section and this seemed notable. We could re-sign RJF... tag Goldson... and then if inclined, work out a long-term contract with him that drops his 7.7 2013 cap hit to... maybe 5?

___
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
Question

I am aware we can re-sign one UFA before he hits the market. What if we tagged another; can we restructure a better deal for him?

In other words, we work out a deal with one UFA, then use our tag on another. Can we work a better, more reasonable deal with the person we tagged as well?

We will discuss and get back to you

Was reading the last page in the GM section and this seemed notable. We could re-sign RJF... tag Goldson... and then if inclined, work out a long-term contract with him that drops his 7.7 2013 cap hit to... maybe 5?

That would be really nice if we could do that

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been a part of an FFMD in a while. i'm going to try and keep up to date with this one and throw in my opinions. We'll see how long I last. Laughing

oldman9er wrote:
Unless we have some wild trading up of picks, we should have a pick to burn on that 5th CB somewhere along the way. No, I wouldn't bother with Brock either.

I agree with this. Brock isn't really worth anything more than any CB we could pick up in the draft imo. I've never been impressed with him in coverage and he's decent on ST, but we can find replacements for him. Not going to be worth over a million.

I also agree with the plan to tag Goldson, resign RJF, and let Sop walk. I like Sop and respect his tenure here but RJF is younger and has a higher ceiling at this point. I'm with oldman - he can hold the starting spot just fine. Re- Rogers, I wouldn't cut him or even look to move him really. Long term his deal isn't great but he's underrated by and large and did a great job in the slot this season aside from a few games. Unless we have a replacement lined up I don't think we can afford to let him go. Rogers, Brown, and Cully is a great top three but I don't trust any of the guys behind them to get a step up in playing time at this point.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read through the trade blocks and didn't see anyone catch my attention. Probably going to be a pretty quiet FFMD around these parts. I'm completely in favor of stockpiling picks next year (although that's not really fun in FFMD, is it?) or trading up high for a target some of you guys really like this year.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just updated the OP with rosters and salaries. All thanks to oldman! I've been swamped this week with overtime work at the office so I really appreciate the work done by oldie.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
Just updated the OP with rosters and salaries. All thanks to oldman! I've been swamped this week with overtime work at the office so I really appreciate the work done by oldie.

I think it's safe to say that without oldman this forum would pretty much be helpless year in and year out in terms of FFMD cap calculations. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFMD '13 ROSTERS

These Rosters will be LOCKED (barring catastrophic or equation issues) tonight at 8:00 PM EST. If you see an error, please contact me either via PM (include team in subject line) or in the Roster Correction Thread

Thank you;

EZ
adamq

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the thought of RJF taking over- he has looked great from what I've seen this year.. May need to bulk up a bit but I believe he can take over.

-kiltman

Uncle Buck wrote:
I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:
I like the thought of RJF taking over- he has looked great from what I've seen this year.. May need to bulk up a bit but I believe he can take over.

I think RJF is a minimal drop-off from Sopoaga, and not a huge area of concern, considering we've lined up a NT in roughly half our defensive snaps this year. I doubt it's going to increase in the next few years with the proliferation of spread/pass happy offenses. If we target DTs in the draft, it should be players who can play both NT and DE in the 3-4, if not straight-up DEs. But the pure 330lbs NT is bound to disappear from the NFL for some time, except for the occasional freak of nature.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
oldman9er

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
UKEaglesFan wrote:
When do all teams have to be under the 51 number cap by?

Now that the rosters are locked and everything?

The start of the draft

Trades, restructures, and cuts have begun. Send in the ones we worked on whenever you want, NN21. Obviously, today is a special day for us... so all of this can wait a while... just sayin'. Smile

___

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 5 of 40

Jump to: