Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders Interested in Geno Smith
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raidr4life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play4Blood wrote:
The only way for someone new to take over was for Al to become one with the earth. The people wishing for him to hire a GM and be a hands off owner just weren't being realistic. I prefer realism to fantasy, but I'm funny that way.

And, no. Outliving your usefulness doesn't mean you should die, necessarily. But it does mean you need to get the hell out of other peoples' way.

If, like Al, you become incapable of functioning at the capacity that your job demands, it's time to go.

"Yea but there is a big difference between looking forward to the day where someone else takes over and wishing death upon someone."

No, there's not. None at all, save for the latter actually recognizing the means to the end. Nothing wrong with that. What other realistic outcome was there?

There was no one who could fire the guy. The league isn't set up that way. He owned the controlling shares of the team. If he wanted to run the team into the ground, that was his right and that's exactly what he did. His demise was the only recourse. Having determined that, I saw no other outcome to reasonably hope for.

People are far too uptight about this sort of thing. Wishing for someone to die does not have any impact on when or how they will die. Not even if you make that wish on your birthday. Not even if you blow out all the candles at the same instant that a shooting star zips through the night sky. Not even if you're squeezing some little prayer beads in one hand while sacrificing a bull with the other. Real life doesn't work that way, so there's literally nothing to get uptight about.
Karma is a [inappropriate/removed], remember that when people think you've outlived your usefullness and you dont feel the same.
Play4Blood

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bone_Collector wrote:
Play4Blood wrote:
The only way for someone new to take over was for Al to become one with the earth. The people wishing for him to hire a GM and be a hands off owner just weren't being realistic. I prefer realism to fantasy, but I'm funny that way.

And, no. Outliving your usefulness doesn't mean you should die, necessarily. But it does mean you need to get the hell out of other peoples' way.

If, like Al, you become incapable of functioning at the capacity that your job demands, it's time to go.

"Yea but there is a big difference between looking forward to the day where someone else takes over and wishing death upon someone."

No, there's not. None at all, save for the latter actually recognizing the means to the end. Nothing wrong with that. What other realistic outcome was there?

There was no one who could fire the guy. The league isn't set up that way. He owned the controlling shares of the team. If he wanted to run the team into the ground, that was his right and that's exactly what he did. His demise was the only recourse. Having determined that, I saw no other outcome to reasonably hope for.

People are far too uptight about this sort of thing. Wishing for someone to die does not have any impact on when or how they will die. Not even if you make that wish on your birthday. Not even if you blow out all the candles at the same instant that a shooting star zips through the night sky. Not even if you're squeezing some little prayer beads in one hand while sacrificing a bull with the other. Real life doesn't work that way, so there's literally nothing to get uptight about.

Remember that this is just a game.

Life>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>than any game.

Okay...and him being gone makes the game more appealing to me, thus improving the quality of my life ever so slightly. Football is finally fun again. Reggie may turn out to be a complete flop, but at least it's no longer a certainty that the man in charge is completely incompetent. That's a beautiful thing. One life ending means that many more may see their lives improve. What's not to love about that?

Also, lol@"cruel." Cruel would be saying this to his family. Cruel would have been telling Al this before he passed. Posting a statement of fact on some random internet forum isn't cruel. It's just a fact. No point in grown men being dainty. We're not delicate little flowers here. We're grown folk. If my post gave someone a sniffle or a leaky tear gland, I pity them.

Oakland's new punter. Yes. Punter.
Play4Blood

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Play4Blood wrote:

Karma is a [inappropriate/removed], remember that when people think you've outlived your usefullness and you dont feel the same.

Karma is a myth invented by weak minded people. Don't be those people.

Oakland's new punter. Yes. Punter.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play4Blood wrote:
Bone_Collector wrote:
Play4Blood wrote:

Remember that this is just a game.

Life>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>than any game.

Okay...and him being gone makes the game more appealing to me, thus improving the quality of my life ever so slightly. Football is finally fun again. Reggie may turn out to be a complete flop, but at least it's no longer a certainty that the man in charge is completely incompetent. That's a beautiful thing. One life ending means that many more may see their lives improve. What's not to love about that?

Also, lol@"cruel." Cruel would be saying this to his family. Cruel would have been telling Al this before he passed. Posting a statement of fact on some random internet forum isn't cruel. It's just a fact. No point in grown men being dainty. We're not delicate little flowers here. We're grown folk. If my post gave someone a sniffle or a leaky tear gland, I pity them.

Your avi is the perfect fit.
bitty

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is it possible that this thread is shutdown yet?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29
Page 29 of 29

Jump to: