Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

VR's Super Bowl Week Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 47459
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discussing Harvin is fine, Ive got no issue with it.

The Vikings saying things like everything is fine and that they are committed to Harvin, I simply dont buy. They are going to say what they need to say to keep Harvin's trade value as high as they can. Its called a smokesreen, they arent going to trash him to the public. Who would trade for him?

Here is what I believe happens. I think the Vikings will sit down with Harvin, try and see where he is at with his rehab and if he would be willing to come to MN to discuss his commitment further. If the Vikings feel confident with Harvin and are able to talk preliminary numbers with Harvin's agent, I think that a long-term deal could be worked off. If the Vikings are turned off by Harvin's commitment, attitude and financial demands, I think the Vikings will explore a trade.

In this scenario, the Vikings dont feel that Harvin is fully committed and are far apart on contract, so they trade him.

Mocks are all about scenario. If this scenario was true, and the Vikes were forced to trade Harvin to avoid a distraction, would this mock scenario be acceptable?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jam8891


Joined: 30 Oct 2012
Posts: 121
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Discussing Harvin is fine, Ive got no issue with it.

The Vikings saying things like everything is fine and that they are committed to Harvin, I simply dont buy. They are going to say what they need to say to keep Harvin's trade value as high as they can. Its called a smokesreen, they arent going to trash him to the public. Who would trade for him?

Here is what I believe happens. I think the Vikings will sit down with Harvin, try and see where he is at with his rehab and if he would be willing to come to MN to discuss his commitment further. If the Vikings feel confident with Harvin and are able to talk preliminary numbers with Harvin's agent, I think that a long-term deal could be worked off. If the Vikings are turned off by Harvin's commitment, attitude and financial demands, I think the Vikings will explore a trade.


In this scenario, the Vikings dont feel that Harvin is fully committed and are far apart on contract, so they trade him.

Mocks are all about scenario. If this scenario was true, and the Vikes were forced to trade Harvin to avoid a distraction, would this mock scenario be acceptable?


Well of course. That's completely acceptable. If Harvin does indeed no longer want to be a part of the organization then definitely; the trade with Harvin needs to happen. I certainly do not want this to occur but I'm also a little more biased than most with Harvin because i believe he is an irreplaceable kind of talent that is worth alot more than a 2nd rd pick. he is just too talented and too vital to Christian Ponder's development as a QB. In saying that, whatever the front office decides to do I certainly will not question. They've proved themselves over the years in knowing whats best for the franchise so if its getting rid of Harvin (I doubt it) then I wont second guess it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 72727
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jam8891 wrote:
Well of course. That's completely acceptable. If Harvin does indeed no longer want to be a part of the organization then definitely; the trade with Harvin needs to happen. I certainly do not want this to occur but I'm also a little more biased than most with Harvin because i believe he is an irreplaceable kind of talent that is worth alot more than a 2nd rd pick. he is just too talented and too vital to Christian Ponder's development as a QB. In saying that, whatever the front office decides to do I certainly will not question. They've proved themselves over the years in knowing whats best for the franchise so if its getting rid of Harvin (I doubt it) then I wont second guess it.

that's about as fair a statement as fair can be.

Applause
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArcticNorseman


Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2048
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the northern lights are waving through the cool dark sky and after two glasses of scotch I decided, I'd re-read this post . . . lol.

Gotta give VR props at throwing a 98 mph knuckle-ball at us! Trading Percy to draft a Safety in the 1st round is not something I considered.

Now, whether that safety is a stud or not, I just don't see him being either the best player available (at that point in the draft) or a true position of need for the Vikes. Maybe the combine will prove that I need to adjust my thinking . . . maybe not.

As I work back through the weaknesses within the Vikes . . . I think Speilman takes the BPA --- if there's a WR, MLB, OLB, or OG that truly fits that bill in the 1st and 2nd Rounds.

FA WRs tend seem more hit or miss than draftees to me . . . so, I have to stand fast in my belief that drafting WRs is the way the Vikes need to go.

As for the overall players addressed, I think VR has done a darn good job researching the players and their value as well as addressing needs. It'll be very interesting times when the combine's over.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Purple Faithful


Joined: 11 Mar 2009
Posts: 2763
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That first round safety seems to be a monster of a hitter. Great hands, too, on some of his picks. Vikes will get a lot of personsal fowls, but should be fun to watch. Smile

(for Vd, loves those typo's)
_________________
ugh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 72727
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple Faithful wrote:
That first round safety seems to be a monster of a hitter. Great hands, too, on some of his picks. Vikes will get a lot of personsal fowls, but should be fun to watch. Smile

(for Vd, loves those typo's)

and i caught it right away too. braaaawk!
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group