Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Donte Whitner the most underrated player on our team?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spillman needs some love too! biggest play of our playoffs so far was that muffed punt recovery

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John232 wrote:
You have to remember, what Whitner gives us is a safety who is solid in coverage(nothing special) but absolutely awesome in every other facet of the game. Very intelligent (probably the most articulate player on the team outside of Alex Smith), makes all the calls, amazing in run defense and is one of our leaders on defense.

That said, the most underrated player on this team is AD. He's arguably the best offensive lineman on the best O-Line in the NFL. Yet everyone talks about Staley and Iuapati.

Ray Mac and Brooks are also HM's. Brooks especially, very well rounded LBer who does fairly good job and bringing pressure.

If we're talking OL, I think the most under-rated has to be Alex Boone. That guy is amazing for what we gave up for him...nothing! UDFA! When you consider that, none of the other OL compare.
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He played horrible last night. I think it is safe to say that he was to blame for three TDs. The boldin one(even though that was Bowman's guy, Whitner didn't react quick enough, The pitta one(He feel asleep. I mean if a TE was run blocking, he wouldn't be running a route into the endzone) then the jacoby jones hail mary( I felt that Whitner make the wrong decision to help out with Boldin).
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Culliver was off as well. Brown and Rogers were decent, just outplayed.
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:

I wished Willis would have smacked him when Cully was smiling after that PI call....

I think Brown played pretty well last night. He should have gotten an int which would have take points off the board for the ravens.

I thought Rogers would have a better time with Boldin but I was wrong...
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:

I wished Willis would have smacked him when Cully was smiling after that PI call....

I think Brown played pretty well last night. He should have gotten an int which would have take points off the board for the ravens.

Cully talks too much. Dude was celebrating after everything.
Dashon played great. Tbrown played pretty good.
Rogers can't cover anything. And whitner is only good at tackling, and even then he whiffs sometimes.

We need a rangy safety in coverage. And allow dashon to keep laying wood.

new sig... sorry alex
757-NINER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
He played horrible last night. I think it is safe to say that he was to blame for three TDs. The boldin one(even though that was Bowman's guy, Whitner didn't react quick enough, The pitta one(He feel asleep. I mean if a TE was run blocking, he wouldn't be running a route into the endzone) then the jacoby jones hail mary( I felt that Whitner make the wrong decision to help out with Boldin).

The whole defense played horrible. If you want to call out Whither, call out Bowman for numerous missed tackles and lapses in coverage. Call out Goldson for the Jones TD(he had the deep half). Blame the front four for not pressing the pocket. Poeple are dumping on Cully and Whitner but the whole defense didn't show up. They ALL played poorly. Missed tackle after missed tackle, blown assignments, gap responsibility, guys whiffing on sure sacks. There is plenty of blame to go around instead of laying it at the feet of two players. Watch the Pitta TD again. Everyone wants to call out Whitner yet nobody sees Rogers, Bowman, and I think Cully scramble to right like its a screen pass, only they're isnt a single Raven on that side of the field. They're basically covering air. We were not ready to play, point blank.
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:

Rogers can't cover anything. And whitner is only good at tackling, and even then he whiffs sometimes.

I wouldn't mind if we found a FS in FA and moved Dashon to SS.

What if we cut Whitner and sign Jairus Bird to play FS?

I don't mind that Cully talks alot but smiling after a dumb PI call just ticked me off.

the one play that killed me with Rogers was a PA where Boldin kinda walked up to him and stopped like it was a run play and right when Rogers looked inside, boldin made a move and beat him for a critical FD.

If we lose out on Revis, how do you guys feel about Talib?
big9erfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:

Yeah. I noticed that too. I even yelled "Shut up. You're down by two TDs" to my TV once. He was getting eaten up and then would jump up and yap when made a play. I hate when guys who are losing and getting beaten one on one celebrate a play they finally make.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:

I don't mind that Cully talks alot but smiling after a dumb PI call just ticked me off.

the one play that killed me with Rogers was a PA where Boldin kinda walked up to him and stopped like it was a run play and right when Rogers looked inside, boldin made a move and beat him for a critical FD.

Byrd will get franchised. No way the Bills just let him walk away. Baalke won't go near Talib. Plus he won't pay him what the market will dictate. We have our own FAs to sign. The secondary will be fine, Fangio just needs to tweak the scheme.
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

757-NINER wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:

Byrd will get franchised. No way the Bills just let him walk away. Baalke won't go near Talib. Plus he won't pay him what the market will dictate. We have our own FAs to sign. The secondary will be fine, Fangio just needs to tweak the scheme.

If we do get Revis and end up trading/cutting Rogers and Smith, would we have enough to resign dashon? I think we'll have to restructure the contracts of guys like Willis and Vernon.

Does anyone remember what dashon was asking for a couple of years ago? didn't we give him something in the rang of 5 years for 25mill?
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah we won't cut whitner. He only has a year left. Let a rookies arm for a year.
And I remember dashon wanting Weddle money

new sig... sorry alex
EverythingSF

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:

Yeah. I noticed that too. I even yelled "Shut up. You're down by two TDs" to my TV once. He was getting eaten up and then would jump up and yap when made a play. I hate when guys who are losing and getting beaten one on one celebrate a play they finally make.

How did Cully play awful? And most CB's jaw back and forth with WR's so what's the big deal?

The TD to Jacoby Jones I expect that he expected at least some help over the top, but Whitner had already bit up on the play. Even if that is not the case, Culliver was playing 1-on-1 with Torrey Smith for a lot of the game and made it clear to Flacco early that the deep prayers to Smith would not be working. The play to Boldin I still say Cully had great coverage. You do realize that play lasted for around 12 seconds, I cannot imagine that man to man coverage is easy on Boldin for that long.

As for him celebrating after he locks people down, I have no problem with that. And for his smiling/laughing after that PI play, I really have no problem with that at all. Seems quite obvious that he was pissed about the call and was laughing at how awful of a call it truly was. It is not like he was happy that we just got screwed over on a call and that the Ravens got a first down. I think he had a great game and he continues to show me that he can be a big time asset to our defense.

^Thanks to NS922

EverythingSF wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

Alex's Mom?

Alex's High School Backup? Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: