Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pure Masterpiece: KK's Super Bowl Baltimore Ravens Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Pure Masterpiece: KK's Super Bowl Baltimore Ravens Mock Reply with quote

Let me start by saying a few words. I've been posting in this forum since 2007 -- a pretty long time. I must say, I love everyone of you guys. I love the feedback I get from every post I make. I have the utmost respect for every user in this forum. We all dedicate time out of our lives to come to this place and share as much knowledge as we can. While we all may not agree, it's always fun hearing what everyone else thinks. I may not be one of the more popular guys in this forum like a (db, drd, DTMB, SnA, RTID, BTerp, Flaccomania, c0 -- and MANY more *please don't feel salty if I left you out Laughing I love you too.) - but this season has been absolutely amazing! We've finally reached the promise land on such a roller coaster ride. It's such an honor to be a Ravens fan. I love my city, the fans that support, and my team.

CHEERS TO EVERYONE!

NOW.....LETS GO HOIST THIS BAD BOY SUNDAY!

On to something else...let me get my Mel Kiper/Mike Mayock Cool

Notable Moves:
- Joe Flacco signs a 5 year deal
- Ed Reed franchise tagged
- Anquan Boldin restructures - hometown discount
- Jacoby Jones released (cap casualty) Crying or Very sad
- Paul Kruger signs with IND
- Cary Williams signs with TB
- Matt Birk retires

KK's Superbowl 2013 Baltimore Ravens Mock Draft:

ROUND 1: Manti Te'o - Pos: ILB - Notre Dame - Height: 6'2 - Weight: 255 Ibs

Tape: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCPuKJyoSvE

ROUND 2: Markus Wheaton - Pos: WR - Oregon State - Height 5'11 - Weight: 183 Ibs

Tape: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5-DwyPWQj8

ROUND 3: Terron Armstead - Pos: LT - Arkansas Pine-Bluff - Height: 6'5 - Weight 306 Ibs

Tape: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3D6tAJCiUs

ROUND 4: Cornelius Washington - Pos: OLB - Georgia - Height: 6'4 - Weight: 264 Ibs

Tape: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8SgYKDPzJ4 (Look for #83)

ROUND 5: Michael Mauti - Pos: ILB - Penn State - Height: 6'2 - Weight: 235 Ibs

Tape: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaqYAnoW8Co

ROUND 6: Joe Vellano - Pos: DT - Maryland - Height: 6'1 - Weight: 300 Ibs

Tape: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc_yzeVi-eU

ROUND 7: Jordan Rodgers - Pos: QB - Vanderbilt - Height: 6'1 - Weight: 208 Ibs

Tape: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtiqnCF5a9s

FEEDBACK WELCOMED

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
Boodgyman5220

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so i don't really know a lot about most of these guys but i figure i would watch the videos you posted and give my analysis.

1 - Manti Teo- I'm not very impressed with him. two plays in the run game stick out to me. the first play being the first in the video. he should have just ran through that hole and made the tackle in the backfield. instead he didn't have the speed to close an allowed the back to get back to the line of scrimmage. the second play being the quarter back scramble for a score. again, he should have played it inside out, but he stuttered back to the mess that was the inside and didn't have the closing speed to make up for his mistake. As for coverage. He seemed to play in a lot of zone but the when rb swing where his assignment was clearly the back flaring out. he should have been downhill or at least straight across the field. instead he took an angle backwards and showed he didn't have the speed to cut the back off.

2 - Markus Wheaton- Also not very impressed. Hes seems to have decent speed. But he rounds off most of his routes. Doesn't snap his head around quickly. that'll result in close drops. Speaking of drops... I saw two in pretty easy slant routes, one because he pulled up because of the linebacker or safety closing in. Lastly, especially on that deep touchdown by another player. He doesn't want to throw a block, he actually waited to see if the other guy would beat the defender. In the nfl, that player makes the stop before his player scores. Overall, based on this video, not really impressed with the guy at all unless he has some return abilities

3 - Terron Armstrong - Based on the tape , this is my favorite pick so far. I know that this guy plays for a small school. so its hard to base his play due to lesser competition. But this kid has stellar technique in pass pro. He stays back, never over commits. The one flaw i saw is he tends to stop blocking after a while which is fixable. He has great extension and really understands the movement of the players opposite him. He seems to easily know when a player is overextended and uses that to throw them out of the play. Now the bad. He seems to be quick but he is deffinitely not a mauler. Hes the kind of guy thats going to screen off his guy but hes not going to drive them down the field. Seems like he could add some healthy mass. Also one play that stood out was the second screen. He could have buried the two defenders on the outside but let up and just screened them off. He also made no block on a screen earlier. but he seems to have a good set of tools to work with. This might be a bit early for him unless he has a great combine or pro day

4 - Cornelius Washington - Honestly, i watched half this video and didn't see a number 83. That being said this kwame geathers sure seems to be a force in the middle of georgia's defense throwing the center on some plays.

5 - Michael Mauti. Wasn't a fan of the highlight video so i looked up this one instead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71BWyDD6Jk8
First and foremost, he showed his dedication by sticking with penn state through its darkest hours. That shows character. That being said. He seems like a solid player. Maybe not the biggest or fastest, but he seems very explosive. Gets extension on lineman which allows him to get off the block and make the tackle. Takes good pursuit angles. I liked noticing that he nevers seems to give up. always running in pursuit. Not being an elite athlete leaves him a little bit vulnerable on the edges and in in pass pro. Seems like a solid mid round pick with good upside and no glaring weaknesses.

6 - Joe Vellano - So i know this is a highlight video but i've fallen in love with this guy. Seems like he projects to more of a DE/DT tweener. Motors make plays, and this guy has one heck of a motor. He never stops and it shows in the plays he makes. seems incredibly fast for a guy his size. Based on these videos, he seems to be the best player on this list. uses his hands extemely well to get extension and get off his block. Seems like what our defensive line needs. I love this pick.

7 - Jordan Rodgers - This guy doesn't seem like anything more than backup competion. which isn't a bad thing. doesn't have a very strong arm. Moves ok but doesn't seem like anything better than tyrod.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) I'm unsure on Te'o

2) Love it. Mike Wallace 2.0 to line up across from Torrey. If Caldwell runs 3 WR sets, a receiving core of Torrey & Wheaton on the outside, Boldin and Pitta working the middle and Raymell out of the backfield would be deadly.

3) Armstead's an interesting prospect. He looked pretty good in what little I saw of the Senior Bowl. Its probably a pretty good pick.

4) Not a fan. He has the athleticism but didn't do much of anything at Georgia even though he lines up across from Jarvis Jones and had those monster DTs. There are plenty of other pass rushers I like better.

5) Good pick

6) Good pick and a home town player is always a plus

7) Decent pick but I'm not sure he'd add much more than Tyrod does given how inaccurate he is and he isn't anywhere near as athletic.

Oh, and thanks for the props. Your cheque is in the mail Wink Laughing

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of Te'o. Gets dominated by blockers. Not a great tackler. I'd prefer Khaseem Greene, Arthur Brown, or Kiko Alonso.

Love Wheaton. He would make us even more of a matchup nightmare than we already are. Two WRs you have to put a safety over.

Love Armstead's upside. So athletic. 3rd is a little early. But if you swap him with Cornelius Washington it's great. Washington's a freak athlete. I think really underrated at Georgia and overshadowed by all those other playmakers.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Te'o in the first round is a pick I like. He's not really the asset in coverage that I'd like for Baltimore's new ILB but he more than makes up for it by being an all-around player.

That's too high for Wheaton. If one of Boldin or Jones is gone I'd like them to get another WR but all Wheaton really has going for him at this point is speed. I think he's more like a 3rd-4th round pick at this point.

I'm not too familiar with Armstead aside from his postseason performances in the Shrine Game and Senior Bowl. JBScouting (pretty much the top small school draft resource) has him pegged as a 5th round pick at the moment so that might be high for him too.

I wouldn't mind Washington in the 4th round. He's not a guy I'm high on but at that point there probably wouldn't be any better pass-rushing options left on the board. This is probably my biggest con about the mock - waiting that long to address the pass-rush.

Mauti is a good pick in the 5th round. The value at that pick for him is good and it would allow the team to phase McClain out of the rotation if Mauti shows anything. I still wish the Ravens would get a guy that's good in coverage for that position though.

I don't know anything about the last two picks.

Overall I wouldn't mind this draft. Like I said before the lack of a quality pass-rusher in the top couple of rounds is my biggest concern. With as important as the pass-rush is in the NFL that's not something you want to gamble on by waiting until later in the draft.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this draft.

Te'O
Obviously Arthur Brown (people are probably going to start playing drinking games over how many times I mention him at random in a thread) is my favorite ILB prospect, but between Minter and Te'O I'd love to bring either on board. They're both really talented options.

Wheaton
In the 2nd, I love the Wheaton pick if we get rid of Jacoby Jones (cap casualty). I think Wheaton can fly and probably runs at least one of his times in the mid 4.3s come combine time. He also is an explosive player in and out of his cuts, plus explosive going up for the ball. Someone above mentioned that he rounds his routes... yeah, he does... but so does the Air Coryell system... and likely that was the way he was taught to run his routes for Oregon State for their scheme. Part of Torrey Smith's adjustment to our offense was actually learning to round his routes more so that he could be faster in and out of his cuts. Either way, Wheaton was one of the best route runners at the senior bowl.

Armstead
I think he needs more sand in his pants. Could handle speed, but his hand usage needs to be better to keep rushers from getting into his frame as easily and pushing him back. I don't think he's quite NFL ready at this point. Could probably play, but I wouldn't be comfortable with him protecting Joe's blindside until he is able to increase his lower body strength.

Washington
I'm pissed that I had to watch half the video (until it became a blowout) before he got in... you probably should've mentioned that he doesn't make an appearance until about the 5m mark. He's an athlete, has explosiveness and speed, but didn't look to have football instincts. Always seemed to be late reading the ball and reacting to a play. But his physical prowess alone was overwhelming for the players he faced on the few plays he got in. Personally I think instincts matter. It's not like Washington had excuses for his lack of production. He was a senior playing in the same program for 5 years. So for me, while instincts can be developed in some cases, I don't think this is one of them. Allen Bailey never developed them... and there comes a certain point when not developing them just means your potential is capped. Washington is an athlete more than a football player. Would prefer to go in a different direction.

Mauti
One of the top 5 most talented ILBs in this class... and we'd get him in the 5th because of injury concerns. It'd also for sure make on of my closest friends into a semi-Ravens fan. She's a Penn State girl and loves Mauti... and is already partial to us. She's an Eagles fan... but this could be just enough to make the Ravens her AFC team at least. And I'm all about adding more to Ravens nation. Smile

Joe Vellano
I love this pick. He was in my first mock draft of the year. He's going to play 34 DE and perhaps could be an undersized NT... he's just so active. He reminds me of Kelly Gregg in how his hustle just has him make so many plays. I think he gives us a really nice boost along the DL and will be the type of hustle player that will really force guys like Cody/Jones/McPhee to raise their level of play if they want to hold onto their time.

Jordan Rodgers
If he's of relation to Aaron Rodgers... is someone we need to target... because this team could always use a double check at the QB position. Other than that, note sure who this guy is.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: