Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Compairing this offseason to a game in 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
me227

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Compairing this offseason to a game in 2012 Reply with quote

First off, I love this time of the year, I love the coaching carousel, free agency, and I especially love the draft. However, I hate this time of year. There is absolutely no way this can be considered the off season. It can't be because what we are going through is just an extremely long game. This time of year is just like a Cowboys game from this last year. In the beginning we start off slow, just like with say the coaching staff. We may fumble the opening kickoff (Firing Rob Ryan), then we may fumble on the next drive (missing out on Ray Horton). After the fumble, we may have a flare up on the sideline between a player and coach (Good bye Skip Peete) At this point some people are ready to chalk this game (Team) up as a loss. But then we may make a heck of a defensive play that no one saw coming like an INT returned for a TD(Hiring Kiffin). After that we may even get a sack for a fumble and recover it on the next drive(Getting Maranelli). On the following drive we may have a perfect balance of run and pass and end the drive with a touchdown(Calahan calling plays). But you know someone isn't going to be happy with the play calling and start complaining about Bill(Thank You Tim Brown). But we all know that it can't stay good, someone is going to get a stupid penalty on 3rd and short, like perhaps an offsides penalty by Jay Ratliff. By this point people want the player cut and the coach staff fired(holding out hope for Horton, Gruden or Lovie).
But after all of this, none of it is going to matter until we see if we can finish. We may return the opening kickoff of the second half for a TD(Letting Decamilis go). At this point we may be looking good, but then we lose a player or 7 to injury (Salary Cap Problems), heck we may even get a player kicked out of the game for breaking a rule that doesn't exist (I Hate You Mara). But as bad as it seems the game (offseason) isn't over yet. We will pick up guys off the couch(Free agency). Some will play well (Ernie Sims, Brandon Carr), but some will quite simply not be very good (Anthony Armstrong, Guards). As it comes down to the 4th quarter(Draft) there is still reasons to be hopeful, those of you who haven't all ready burned anything the resembles blue and silver or kicked your dog across the room simply because you named him after a player or the team. This is where no matter what has happened prior, we will have a chance to win (Have a quality team). A few years ago, there would have been many dogs looking for new homes and children crying while daddy is in the driveway burning their favorite Cowboys blanket. But this is a different time, maybe even a different team(Person calling the shots in the war room). There is still hope for this team, as a matter of fact, there is 20 seconds left on the clock and Dez (The Cowboys) is jumping up to catch the winning touchdown (Selecting great players in the draft). The only question is will his(The Cowboys) finger land in bounds or out of bounds?

2011 Dallas Cowboys Pick 'Em Champion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: