Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft-Mock drafts only
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38162
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
kenney wrote:
And, well, Tate or no Tate, RB just shot up the board in terms of priority Sad

Arian Foster to undergo heart surgery.


If anything it might lessen the need. It is for the issue that he's had almost his whole life, and from what I've read it is relatively minor (at least as heart surgeries go). Given that he's performed well his whole life with the condition I can't imagine they would do this now unless 1) There is little risk of it affecting his play or 2) the condition suddenly got much worse. Given we haven't heard anything I'd imagine it's number 1.


FYI:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/02/01/texans-arian-foster-heart-surgery/1882409/

Arian wrote:
Thank you all for the concern. As of now, I have no complications with my blood pumper. There was a casual conversation with a reporter about my particular condition that turned public. But I have not, nor do I plan to anytime in the near future, have conversations with my doctors about any surgery. I am feeling well and am as exuberant as ever. Love and light to all those concerned!


So, bullet dodged...but still, can't help but to be SLIGHTLY concerned.

The guys on 610 (before Foster's statement above) were talking about this, and they wondered if this could be a reason Foster did not look as explosive and did not have the same ability to fall forward for yardage as he has in the past. One of the symptoms is shortness of breath - as anyone who has ran sprints can tell you, it's hard to find a top gear when you can't breathe as well as you're used to.

I mean, we all saw that Foster lacked a breakaway gear, and lacked any sort of tackle breaking ability this past season; I'm not one to credit ALL of this to his ticker when thinking about Foster's 2012 campaign, but does make you wonder.
_________________


vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
canyon1


Joined: 17 Feb 2007
Posts: 603
Location: Austin, TX
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly hope we keep Barwin due to the fact he is the one that came up with bulls on parade for our defense. I will be pissed if we let him go to sign Shaun Phillips that to me will be a down grade just like the Demco Ryans gone so we fill it with Bradie James. That wasnt a good fill to me and if it happens again i will lose my mind.
_________________
My Teams
NFL: Texans
NBA: Pistons
MLB: Tigers
NHL: Red Wings
NCAAB: Michigan
NCAAF: Michigan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
treece300e


Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 447
Location: Nampa, ID
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canyon1 wrote:
I honestly hope we keep Barwin due to the fact he is the one that came up with bulls on parade for our defense. I will be pissed if we let him go to sign Shaun Phillips that to me will be a down grade just like the Demco Ryans gone so we fill it with Bradie James. That wasnt a good fill to me and if it happens again i will lose my mind.


Ah to live in a world with no salary cap. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
canyon1


Joined: 17 Feb 2007
Posts: 603
Location: Austin, TX
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really dont see how he is going to command that much money he had one good year in a four year contract. He is solid player that fits our team identity
_________________
My Teams
NFL: Texans
NBA: Pistons
MLB: Tigers
NHL: Red Wings
NCAAB: Michigan
NCAAF: Michigan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 30757
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/McNair-ILB-WR-among-Texans%E2%80%99-top-priorities-/b760b37f-39a0-4ecc-8f3c-70c1066a4155

Quote:

With free agency and the draft approaching in the next few months, the Texans have a number of areas they would like to strengthen.

Team chairman and CEO Bob McNair said as much on Thursday.

“We need more depth at the inside linebacker (position), we need more depth with our offensive line interior and we need another wide receiver, and we could use another cornerback or free safety,” said McNair, who’s in New Orleans for Super Bowl week. “That’s it. Everything else is really in good shape. We’ve got the core group together, we just need to add a few more pieces here or there, and I think we can do that through the draft.”


Article also stated that we won't be big time players in free agency, so it looks like we are going to continue to build through the draft.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kenney


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 11926
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/McNair-ILB-WR-among-Texans%E2%80%99-top-priorities-/b760b37f-39a0-4ecc-8f3c-70c1066a4155

Quote:

With free agency and the draft approaching in the next few months, the Texans have a number of areas they would like to strengthen.

Team chairman and CEO Bob McNair said as much on Thursday.

“We need more depth at the inside linebacker (position), we need more depth with our offensive line interior and we need another wide receiver, and we could use another cornerback or free safety,” said McNair, who’s in New Orleans for Super Bowl week. “That’s it. Everything else is really in good shape. We’ve got the core group together, we just need to add a few more pieces here or there, and I think we can do that through the draft.”


Article also stated that we won't be big time players in free agency, so it looks like we are going to continue to build through the draft.


We have too many needs to adequately address through the draft. We are beyond relying on third-day rookie starters. This doesn't bode well.
_________________
davidpalmer714 wrote:
Kenney>Everyone else on here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PAtexansFAN99


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 4455
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/McNair-ILB-WR-among-Texans%E2%80%99-top-priorities-/b760b37f-39a0-4ecc-8f3c-70c1066a4155

Quote:

With free agency and the draft approaching in the next few months, the Texans have a number of areas they would like to strengthen.

Team chairman and CEO Bob McNair said as much on Thursday.

“We need more depth at the inside linebacker (position), we need more depth with our offensive line interior and we need another wide receiver, and we could use another cornerback or free safety,” said McNair, who’s in New Orleans for Super Bowl week. “That’s it. Everything else is really in good shape. We’ve got the core group together, we just need to add a few more pieces here or there, and I think we can do that through the draft.”


Article also stated that we won't be big time players in free agency, so it looks like we are going to continue to build through the draft.


We have too many needs to adequately address through the draft. We are beyond relying on third-day rookie starters. This doesn't bode well.


It sounds like ILB and WR are going to be rounds 1 and 2.. Texans have effectively plugged and played offensive lineman from round 3 and lower. We should be fine
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jch1911


Joined: 21 Mar 2009
Posts: 3774
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching Texas vs. the Nation game,

QB Ryan Griffin (from one of my alma mater's Tulane) might be worth a sniff as an UDFA or 7th round prospect.

He seems to have nice touch and accuracy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
canyon1


Joined: 17 Feb 2007
Posts: 603
Location: Austin, TX
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a little mock tell me what you think. This is a mock with the comp picks of a 3,6,6,6

This is a mock where i was looking for Texan character as well as talent and this is what i came up with

1: Ziggy Ansah OLB BYU
I know everyone is saying why why why well this is going with the assumption that Brooks Reed is moving to ILB. This man is tapping into his true talent and it was impressive to watch him at the Senior Bowl make hustle plays. Pair him with Mercilus or Barwin he makes our defense have a threat that can do it all.

2: Justin Hunter WR Tennessee
This is that number two threat we have been wanting. He is a great route runner and has the speed to burn people deep if people pay too much attention to Andre or the run game. Also this guy has that Texan character that we all are getting to know and love. He falls this far because people will take patterson hopkins williams over him bec of speed. West Coast system is more about good route running and hands to make the catches over the middle and he can do that.

3: Bennie Logan DT LSU
I know he is a undersized DT but this guy reminds me of Jay Ratliff and Wade fell in love with Ratliff in Dallas so he wants another guy like that and he thinks this is it. This is a pure Wade

3: Terry Hawthorne CB Illinois
This is a underrated corner that got hurt and came back too early IMO. He was still trying to get his speed back and if he gets that back with an offseason with our training staff then we have a steal. I think teams have forgotton this man.

4: Reid Fragel OT Ohio State
Once a tight end then bulked up to be a OT and because of this he fits perfectly in our ZBS. NFL.com have compared him to Eric WInston and he is a BIG TEN guy. Due to the comparison and Kubiak likes the transition from TE to T and being a BIG TEN guy. I just added 1+1+1 equals future texan. He will compete with Newton

5: Michael Mauti ILB Penn State
Mauti would have been a second round pick if it wasnt for his second ACL injury. I love this guys attitude and love the loyalty he had in Penn State thats a dying thing in this business and i want to bring that to Houston where he wouldnt have to start. He also would help alot on special teams so he helps everywhere.

6: Justin Brown WR Oklahoma/Penn State
He is the one that transfered out, but you can even ask his new coaches at Oklahoma his heart was always at Penn State and he is underrated to me. At 6'3 215 he couldnt be any worse than Jean in fact i think he is alot better. He would fit in nicely in a West Coast offense because he can make all the catches and he isnt afraid to go over the middle.

6: Patrick Omameh OG Michigan
This guy is as smart as they come. first he picked to go to Michigan instead of Ohio State so thats a great start. He has is quick on his feet. So that tells me that he can learn quick and succeed in the ZBS. Also another BIG TEN guy lol.

6: John Boyett S Oregon
I watched this guy at Oregon and he impressed me as a guy that wouldnt back down from anyone at anytime. We need two safeties because KEO is a JOKE as well as DEMPS. Get Boyett and he instantly does better than those two guys. He is a hard worker and will do anything to get on the field.

6: Ryan Lacy CB Utah
Its sort of ironic that if McCain walks in FA and we get this guy same size as McCain and same speed and same College could be a cheaper route than McCain if he starts demanding more than he is worth. Good character as well.

7: Earl Wolf S N.C State
This is a guy that could be a diamond in the rough type guy but at the east west shrine game he wasnt afraid of anyone and he won his fair share of battles. He is here to push Keo or Demps out the door for good and that right there is a formula for success.

I went heavy secondary in the later rounds of the draft because after watching Brady destroy us twice it makes me think that we are not as deep as we thought we were. We need competition there and young rookies that want a job might just take some of our current guys spots if they have the drive to want it... I think this draft would help us in all of our needs as well as adds another pass rusher to the fold in houston to create depth that gives us a luxury. let me know what you think.
_________________
My Teams
NFL: Texans
NBA: Pistons
MLB: Tigers
NHL: Red Wings
NCAAB: Michigan
NCAAF: Michigan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kenney


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 11926
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canyon1 wrote:
Just a little mock tell me what you think. This is a mock with the comp picks of a 3,6,6,6

This is a mock where i was looking for Texan character as well as talent and this is what i came up with

1: Ziggy Ansah OLB BYU
I know everyone is saying why why why well this is going with the assumption that Brooks Reed is moving to ILB. This man is tapping into his true talent and it was impressive to watch him at the Senior Bowl make hustle plays. Pair him with Mercilus or Barwin he makes our defense have a threat that can do it all.

2: Justin Hunter WR Tennessee
This is that number two threat we have been wanting. He is a great route runner and has the speed to burn people deep if people pay too much attention to Andre or the run game. Also this guy has that Texan character that we all are getting to know and love. He falls this far because people will take patterson hopkins williams over him bec of speed. West Coast system is more about good route running and hands to make the catches over the middle and he can do that.

3: Bennie Logan DT LSU
I know he is a undersized DT but this guy reminds me of Jay Ratliff and Wade fell in love with Ratliff in Dallas so he wants another guy like that and he thinks this is it. This is a pure Wade

3: Terry Hawthorne CB Illinois
This is a underrated corner that got hurt and came back too early IMO. He was still trying to get his speed back and if he gets that back with an offseason with our training staff then we have a steal. I think teams have forgotton this man.

4: Reid Fragel OT Ohio State
Once a tight end then bulked up to be a OT and because of this he fits perfectly in our ZBS. NFL.com have compared him to Eric WInston and he is a BIG TEN guy. Due to the comparison and Kubiak likes the transition from TE to T and being a BIG TEN guy. I just added 1+1+1 equals future texan. He will compete with Newton

5: Michael Mauti ILB Penn State
Mauti would have been a second round pick if it wasnt for his second ACL injury. I love this guys attitude and love the loyalty he had in Penn State thats a dying thing in this business and i want to bring that to Houston where he wouldnt have to start. He also would help alot on special teams so he helps everywhere.

6: Justin Brown WR Oklahoma/Penn State
He is the one that transfered out, but you can even ask his new coaches at Oklahoma his heart was always at Penn State and he is underrated to me. At 6'3 215 he couldnt be any worse than Jean in fact i think he is alot better. He would fit in nicely in a West Coast offense because he can make all the catches and he isnt afraid to go over the middle.

6: Patrick Omameh OG Michigan
This guy is as smart as they come. first he picked to go to Michigan instead of Ohio State so thats a great start. He has is quick on his feet. So that tells me that he can learn quick and succeed in the ZBS. Also another BIG TEN guy lol.

6: John Boyett S Oregon
I watched this guy at Oregon and he impressed me as a guy that wouldnt back down from anyone at anytime. We need two safeties because KEO is a JOKE as well as DEMPS. Get Boyett and he instantly does better than those two guys. He is a hard worker and will do anything to get on the field.

6: Ryan Lacy CB Utah
Its sort of ironic that if McCain walks in FA and we get this guy same size as McCain and same speed and same College could be a cheaper route than McCain if he starts demanding more than he is worth. Good character as well.

7: Earl Wolf S N.C State
This is a guy that could be a diamond in the rough type guy but at the east west shrine game he wasnt afraid of anyone and he won his fair share of battles. He is here to push Keo or Demps out the door for good and that right there is a formula for success.

I went heavy secondary in the later rounds of the draft because after watching Brady destroy us twice it makes me think that we are not as deep as we thought we were. We need competition there and young rookies that want a job might just take some of our current guys spots if they have the drive to want it... I think this draft would help us in all of our needs as well as adds another pass rusher to the fold in houston to create depth that gives us a luxury. let me know what you think.


I like Ansah a lot, but the guy is a 5-Tech, IMO.
_________________
davidpalmer714 wrote:
Kenney>Everyone else on here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kenney


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 11926
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my "trying to be as realistic as possible" two-day mock:

1: Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
- No, he's not speedy, but he is 90% of Smith's M.O. when it comes to drafting players: high college production with demonstration of good character. May elicit boos on draft day, but Patton is my top-rated receiver in this draft. Does everything exceptionally well.
2: Michael Glennon, QB, North Carolina State
- I hate it, too, but Glennon is a Kubiak QB. And - hey! - he's got the strongest arm in the draft. Glennon has tools, and hopefully he's allowed to develop them behind Schaub for a couple of years.
3: Sean Porter, LB, Texas A&M
- My dark-horse pick for ILB. Great blitzer, great in coverage. Much higher ceiling than any other ILB in this draft not named Alec Ogletree.
3: Richard Wagner, OT, Wisconsin
- Decently athletic and well-built, Wagner at the very least provides depth for the offensive line with Butler, Harris, and Gardner likely on the way out. Wagner demonstrates strength and a solid technical foundation that could make him a viable contender to start. Also he played at Wisconsin, which hasn't failed us yet.
_________________
davidpalmer714 wrote:
Kenney>Everyone else on here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Underwood


Joined: 06 Feb 2007
Posts: 2295
Location: Texans Nation
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Here's my "trying to be as realistic as possible" two-day mock:

1: Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
- No, he's not speedy, but he is 90% of Smith's M.O. when it comes to drafting players: high college production with demonstration of good character. May elicit boos on draft day, but Patton is my top-rated receiver in this draft. Does everything exceptionally well.
2: Michael Glennon, QB, North Carolina State
- I hate it, too, but Glennon is a Kubiak QB. And - hey! - he's got the strongest arm in the draft. Glennon has tools, and hopefully he's allowed to develop them behind Schaub for a couple of years.
3: Sean Porter, LB, Texas A&M
- My dark-horse pick for ILB. Great blitzer, great in coverage. Much higher ceiling than any other ILB in this draft not named Alec Ogletree.
3: Richard Wagner, OT, Wisconsin
- Decently athletic and well-built, Wagner at the very least provides depth for the offensive line with Butler, Harris, and Gardner likely on the way out. Wagner demonstrates strength and a solid technical foundation that could make him a viable contender to start. Also he played at Wisconsin, which hasn't failed us yet.


I would be very okay with everything here except the Glennon pick. PLZ NO.
_________________

Sig by Eaglezphan21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolf6151


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 2836
Location: Pearland, Texas
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Here's my "trying to be as realistic as possible" two-day mock:

1: Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
- No, he's not speedy, but he is 90% of Smith's M.O. when it comes to drafting players: high college production with demonstration of good character. May elicit boos on draft day, but Patton is my top-rated receiver in this draft. Does everything exceptionally well.
2: Michael Glennon, QB, North Carolina State
- I hate it, too, but Glennon is a Kubiak QB. And - hey! - he's got the strongest arm in the draft. Glennon has tools, and hopefully he's allowed to develop them behind Schaub for a couple of years.
3: Sean Porter, LB, Texas A&M
- My dark-horse pick for ILB. Great blitzer, great in coverage. Much higher ceiling than any other ILB in this draft not named Alec Ogletree.
3: Richard Wagner, OT, Wisconsin
- Decently athletic and well-built, Wagner at the very least provides depth for the offensive line with Butler, Harris, and Gardner likely on the way out. Wagner demonstrates strength and a solid technical foundation that could make him a viable contender to start. Also he played at Wisconsin, which hasn't failed us yet.


Are you predicting what the Texans will do, or are you playing GM and this is what you would do?

I really like Patton as well, and although not thrilled by the pick I wouldn't be mad either. NO to Glennon. I'm the same way with Wagner as with Patton, not thrilled by the pick as I think we can do better (Menelik Watson, or Xavier Nixon), but I wouldn't be to upset by it either.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kenney


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 11926
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
kenney wrote:
Here's my "trying to be as realistic as possible" two-day mock:

1: Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
- No, he's not speedy, but he is 90% of Smith's M.O. when it comes to drafting players: high college production with demonstration of good character. May elicit boos on draft day, but Patton is my top-rated receiver in this draft. Does everything exceptionally well.
2: Michael Glennon, QB, North Carolina State
- I hate it, too, but Glennon is a Kubiak QB. And - hey! - he's got the strongest arm in the draft. Glennon has tools, and hopefully he's allowed to develop them behind Schaub for a couple of years.
3: Sean Porter, LB, Texas A&M
- My dark-horse pick for ILB. Great blitzer, great in coverage. Much higher ceiling than any other ILB in this draft not named Alec Ogletree.
3: Richard Wagner, OT, Wisconsin
- Decently athletic and well-built, Wagner at the very least provides depth for the offensive line with Butler, Harris, and Gardner likely on the way out. Wagner demonstrates strength and a solid technical foundation that could make him a viable contender to start. Also he played at Wisconsin, which hasn't failed us yet.


Are you predicting what the Texans will do, or are you playing GM and this is what you would do?

I really like Patton as well, and although not thrilled by the pick I wouldn't be mad either. NO to Glennon. I'm the same way with Wagner as with Patton, not thrilled by the pick as I think we can do better (Menelik Watson, or Xavier Nixon), but I wouldn't be to upset by it either.


Predicting the Texans' actual moves. My previous post (full mock a few posts back) is closer to what I'd actually prefer.
_________________
davidpalmer714 wrote:
Kenney>Everyone else on here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolf6151


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 2836
Location: Pearland, Texas
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
canyon1 wrote:
Just a little mock tell me what you think. This is a mock with the comp picks of a 3,6,6,6

This is a mock where i was looking for Texan character as well as talent and this is what i came up with

1: Ziggy Ansah OLB BYU
I know everyone is saying why why why well this is going with the assumption that Brooks Reed is moving to ILB. This man is tapping into his true talent and it was impressive to watch him at the Senior Bowl make hustle plays. Pair him with Mercilus or Barwin he makes our defense have a threat that can do it all.

2: Justin Hunter WR Tennessee
This is that number two threat we have been wanting. He is a great route runner and has the speed to burn people deep if people pay too much attention to Andre or the run game. Also this guy has that Texan character that we all are getting to know and love. He falls this far because people will take patterson hopkins williams over him bec of speed. West Coast system is more about good route running and hands to make the catches over the middle and he can do that.

3: Bennie Logan DT LSU
I know he is a undersized DT but this guy reminds me of Jay Ratliff and Wade fell in love with Ratliff in Dallas so he wants another guy like that and he thinks this is it. This is a pure Wade

3: Terry Hawthorne CB Illinois
This is a underrated corner that got hurt and came back too early IMO. He was still trying to get his speed back and if he gets that back with an offseason with our training staff then we have a steal. I think teams have forgotton this man.

4: Reid Fragel OT Ohio State
Once a tight end then bulked up to be a OT and because of this he fits perfectly in our ZBS. NFL.com have compared him to Eric WInston and he is a BIG TEN guy. Due to the comparison and Kubiak likes the transition from TE to T and being a BIG TEN guy. I just added 1+1+1 equals future texan. He will compete with Newton

5: Michael Mauti ILB Penn State
Mauti would have been a second round pick if it wasnt for his second ACL injury. I love this guys attitude and love the loyalty he had in Penn State thats a dying thing in this business and i want to bring that to Houston where he wouldnt have to start. He also would help alot on special teams so he helps everywhere.

6: Justin Brown WR Oklahoma/Penn State
He is the one that transfered out, but you can even ask his new coaches at Oklahoma his heart was always at Penn State and he is underrated to me. At 6'3 215 he couldnt be any worse than Jean in fact i think he is alot better. He would fit in nicely in a West Coast offense because he can make all the catches and he isnt afraid to go over the middle.

6: Patrick Omameh OG Michigan
This guy is as smart as they come. first he picked to go to Michigan instead of Ohio State so thats a great start. He has is quick on his feet. So that tells me that he can learn quick and succeed in the ZBS. Also another BIG TEN guy lol.

6: John Boyett S Oregon
I watched this guy at Oregon and he impressed me as a guy that wouldnt back down from anyone at anytime. We need two safeties because KEO is a JOKE as well as DEMPS. Get Boyett and he instantly does better than those two guys. He is a hard worker and will do anything to get on the field.

6: Ryan Lacy CB Utah
Its sort of ironic that if McCain walks in FA and we get this guy same size as McCain and same speed and same College could be a cheaper route than McCain if he starts demanding more than he is worth. Good character as well.

7: Earl Wolf S N.C State
This is a guy that could be a diamond in the rough type guy but at the east west shrine game he wasnt afraid of anyone and he won his fair share of battles. He is here to push Keo or Demps out the door for good and that right there is a formula for success.

I went heavy secondary in the later rounds of the draft because after watching Brady destroy us twice it makes me think that we are not as deep as we thought we were. We need competition there and young rookies that want a job might just take some of our current guys spots if they have the drive to want it... I think this draft would help us in all of our needs as well as adds another pass rusher to the fold in houston to create depth that gives us a luxury. let me know what you think.


I like Ansah a lot, but the guy is a 5-Tech, IMO.



I have to agree with Kenney, Ansah doesn't fit the Texans needs. Hunter in the 2nd would be great but I think that will take some luck. I think he'll be 1st round after the Combine. Logan is a DE in a 3-4 and we need NT, actually Logan seems to be a 4-3 UT. Love the Hawthorne pick. There's alot of secondary picks the rest of the way, and I'd like to see a blocking TE, RB, P, etc...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 30 of 63

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group