You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

To Mr Savage.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiwibrown

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: To Mr Savage. Reply with quote

Okay after abit of research I have decided on the most effective plan to getting the browns to the super bowl.

I have done abit of research on the rosters of good teams and looked for what is effective and what is not.
I have also had a look at bad teams other than us and decided what is not effective this is particualr to the drafts the teams carry out.

we need effective offnce and really good defence. To be an effective offence the first thing ou need is an oline that plays good. Then options on attack rather than super stars (super stars can wrok too but we will use another method)

Our one doesn't thats why with the 3rd overall pick we will select the best olineman we can get.
This is a safe option. Jonathan Ogden, Orlando Pace, Chris Samuels, Walter Jones, Levi Jones the list goes on are players that come to mind that were selected with high picks that have had succesfull careers.

Busts include possibly Robert Galley (he is still young) and that massive guy from Arizona Leonard Davis who isn't that bad.

With the our fourth round pick we will take a running back, round four in a draft can produce good solid running backs. He will not be a star but a real work horse strong running and knows how to get by in a pile of linemen.(If you want I can explain why these types of guys are effective)

The type of player we will be drafting is in the mold of Rudi Johnson, Domminick Davis or the guys in Minnesota, they have drafted 3or 4 guys Other late round running back that have been effective include, Orlandis Gary, Mike Anderson and Terrel Davis.

With the second round pick we will select the best pass recieving option available. I have the tight end position in mind, rather than reciever alot of recievers drafted in the second round seem to be over rated, examples include Dennis Northcutt Quincy Morgan Andre Davis, Riche Cardwell Anonio Bryant, Calico or Robert Furgerson. (I have not forgotten about Chad Johnson Musin Mohammed or Chris Chamber but i am considering a saftey first approach throughoutthe draft)
Thats why we will add to our offence with a pass recieving tight end to compliment our run game pass blocking and Kellen Winslow.
The patriots, seahawks and the Eagles are teams that have effectivly used tight ends in pairs and rotation.
History of seond round tight ends that have had success, L.J Smith, Randy Mcmichael, Doug Jolley, Ben Troupe and Eron Kinney.

Defence when comparing the Browns defence to the Patriots defence the biggest apparent difference is the quality of the defencive linemen. They had Richard Symore, Ty Warren, Jarvis Green answell as Ted Washington (for a season) to plug up holes all of which are/were effective lineman. We really don't have one, with no chance of improvi ng with in fre agencie we drfat the best available lineman in the 3rd round and hope for Terrele Sands in FA.
The patriots had alot of quality linebackers and a good secondary (with only two or three first day picks) withthe addition of another linebacker and a senior veteran in the secoadary we are not too far away really.

In Rounds 5 and 6 Best player available regardless of position. And in the seventh a reciever, good recievers can be picked up here Marques Colston, Donald Driver and David Givens are examples.

It is not the perfect plan but I believe it would work. Also the reason why the first round pick was used on an olineman instead of Dline was because alot more Dlineman bust, Warren Brown Tubbs, Picket Kennedy the guy that the chargers drafted.... list goes on.

It ain the perfect plan but i don't think it is bad.
RealityControl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say i disagree, but just to play devil's advocate; good o-lineman are found year-in and year-out later in the draft. Give me the stud RB and some solid o-line later.
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that there are more stud running backs found late in drafts than there are linemen found late.

Vince Lombardi
BigRed32

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OUTLAW wrote:
I think that there are more stud running backs found late in drafts than there are linemen found late.

That might be because you hear about them. Top RB prospects usually always produce unless your name is Rashaan Salaam or Lawrence Phillips. Lineman are like QB's. You never know.
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's certainly one way to do it, and it has worked in the past. The only thing I would flat out disagree with is the pick of a tight end. If anything, we need a tight end who can primarily block, as well as catch passes. I'd be surprised if we spent a draft pick on a tight end. Heiden is serviceable and is usually sure-handed (except for last week Mad )
CleBrowns07

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first off its defense not defence. second, just because teams have drafted good players of a certain position in a certain round does not mean in any way that every year you can find a good position in that round. we cant just draft a receiver in the 3rd and expect him to be as good as steve smith since he was a 3rd rounder. I do however, agree with the drafting of a linemen with our first pick, offense or defense. I think we need to fix a greater need in the second rather than take a wr, perhaps pick an offensive linemn first and d-linemen in the second or vice versa.
Bart

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like so much of the thoughts here but please, I mean really please, NO WR in this draft.

Peterson or Thomas in the 1st. Troy Smith or OL in the 2nd if we take Peterson in the 1st.

I agree, QB's and DL are (whatever picks) therefore, let's get a second OL help or some secondary help in the 3rd. I know we're good there if we're healthy but damn, we could use all the depth we can find.

Let's say we get OG Stainbach and spend some money on a vet QB.

I wouldn't mind Peterson as our RB and and vet QB, Charlie, and Troy Smith as our 3 QB's.

Dorsey, and maybe even Anderson or Frye are going to go this year.

Who would you want as your 3rd QB, Anderson or Frye. I say Charlie because of his guts.

Now second day of the draft. WHy don't we get help where me most need it. We have to bring in OL and DL help. Don't you agree? i hope we do OL and DL all day long on the second day.
dawgpound1816

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
first off its defense not defence

If you didn't know, our boy Kiwi is from Australia, so cut him some slack brother. Wink

So you would like it to look like this Kiwi:

I made it as realistic as possible.....

1st: J.Thomas - OT
2nd: Zach Miller - TE - ASU
3rd: Marcus Thomas - DT/DE - Florida
4th: Germaine Race - RB....Sorry I think he's going to shoot up boards.
5th: Ryne Robinson - ST - Miami (OH)

It don't look bad, but the 2nd round pick could be some other position, b/c that would take my boy Terrelle Smith basically out of the equation. Crying or Very sad And letalone....Heiden is very solid at the other TE spot, and didn't he sign a new contract this past offseason.

R.I.P. Brother Crakburn - Never Bark in the Dark Brother Crakburn....For all of us Dawgs will be barking to the heavens for you.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: