Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

34 OLB's you'd sign off on at 6?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pnies20

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
1. DaMontre Moore: The guy has played the spot before and been successful. He would seem like the safest pick.

2. Dion Jordan: Unique talent who can line up all over the field and do a multitude of things.

Those are the only 2 I'm cool with at 6, at least right now.

Others;

Werner/Montgomery: Solid players, but seem to be a pretty classic 4-3 DE's. Not sure they would transition as well as others.

Mingo: Looks great, athletic as all hell, but I haven't see the kid do anything of note. Wouldn't be shocked if he was a complete bust or a Pro Bowler. Risky pick based on performance IMO.

Jones: His play on the field warrants the pick, but the injury issue is concerning. If the docs clear him, he goes to number 3 on the list. If not, he may free fall a la Bowers.

Okafor: Would be a huge reach at 6 IMO.

Ansah: They guy is 6'6 270 already. With that size, he doesn't really fit at OLB in a base 3-4. In a year or two he'll be 280-285 and in 5 years, who knows? I'm not saying no, but he would require a very creative DC to utilize his skill set. At this point he looks much more like the prototypical 4-3 DE than he does a 3-4 OLB. Hell, at this point he may project better as a 5 tech than an OLB in an odd front due to his size. Intriguing player though, for sure.

I said this same thing in another forum. He could be our Darnell Docket. But I don't want him at 6.

<3 JF
DawgX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moore, Jones and Jordan are the only ones who I'd consider at #6 right now. There's others I like, but not at #6. Things could change after the combine, though.

Smack on the sig.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really not seeing Ansah as a 3-4 OLB, I think he is much better suited as a DE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: