Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dion Jordan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Dion Jordan Reply with quote

What are your opinions on this kid? I think he is a beast, an athletic beast at that. Good in coverage, since he is so athletic you can put him on a TE and succeed. Rather than putting Malcolm Jenkins on our TEs. He is not the best run-stopper, but IMO, what we need more so is coverage than run-stopping. Our front 3 + Lofton are VERY good run stoppers. Galette & Wilson are amazing pass rushers, and our secondary is complete crap. Dion Jordan cab rush from one outside, or cover a TE, which would help us alot IMO. JJ will probably be gone so it has to be Jordan or Mingo at this situation, and Jordan's a better overall player IMO. I love this kid alot.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Dion Jordan Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
What are your opinions on this kid? I think he is a beast, an athletic beast at that. Good in coverage, since he is so athletic you can put him on a TE and succeed. Rather than putting Malcolm Jenkins on our TEs. He is not the best run-stopper, but IMO, what we need more so is coverage than run-stopping. Our front 3 + Lofton are VERY good run stoppers. Galette & Wilson are amazing pass rushers, and our secondary is complete crap. Dion Jordan cab rush from one outside, or cover a TE, which would help us alot IMO. JJ will probably be gone so it has to be Jordan or Mingo at this situation, and Jordan's a better overall player IMO. I love this kid alot.

He's one of my favorite in the draft, I think he's more likely to develop his talent than any of the other pass rushers in the draft. I feel his upside is more than anyone else also (including Ansah).

I also think it pointless too because I feel Jordan will go a lot higher in the draft than people think. The top 10 picks will be littered with defensive players and Jordan will be one of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so. He's without a doubt a Top-10 worthy pick, but I don't see any team ahead of us taking him, except maybe Cleveland. But over on their forum they're saying they need FS more than anything. So, I see then trading down and taking a FS later. And, even if Jordan isn't there, trade down 10 spots, get a 2nd rounder, and pick up Trufant at the 20's. Either way is a win IMO
Harper41

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see the Jets passing on Dion Jordan unfortunately. Unless Jarvis Jones somehow falls to them.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
I can't see the Jets passing on Dion Jordan unfortunately. Unless Jarvis Jones somehow falls to them.

Jets need help at EVERYTHING. Well they didn't need help at CB, but if they trade Revis...

I think they could take anyone.. Hopefully they don't take our guy though. :p

Also, off topic, but does anyone have an updated list of what Team's run what defense? Appreciate it.
Harper41

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Jets need help at EVERYTHING. Well they didn't need help at CB, but if they trade Revis...

I think they could take anyone.. Hopefully they don't take our guy though. :p

Also, off topic, but does anyone have an updated list of what Team's run what defense? Appreciate it.

3-4 teams are Arizona, SF, NO, GB, KC, SD, NYJ, MIA, WAS, HOU, IND, PIT, BAL and CLE. Everyone else runs a 4-3.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion Jordan is viewed as one to the most physical and gifted defenders in this draft with the potential to develop into an elite NFL pass rusher. The Jaguars, Raiders, Eagles, Lions, Browns, Cardinals, Jets, Titans and Bucs could all realistically take a pass rusher if he's the top rated player on their board...

I understand your hoping for the best, but for me the odds of Jordan being available at 15 are very slim.

Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you're wrong lol. I have wanted this dude, even when we were 4-3. I love this kid, really hope he falls. I could see those teams picking:

Jags: Louteli
Raiders: Jones
Eagles: Joeckel (or top LT)
Lions: Milner
Browns: trade down
Cardinals: OL
Jets: Moore
Titans: Warmack
Bucs: Any CB lol

I actually find that pretty realistic IMO. I REALLY hope you're wrong though, and that he falls.
spanky3801

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He could be the next Jason Taylor. Wouldn't that be horrible for the Saints? I mean a pass rusher that actually rushes the passer!
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jags: Louteli
Raiders: Jones
Eagles: Joeckel (or top LT)
Lions: Milner
Browns: trade down
Cardinals: OL
Jets: Moore
Titans: Warmack
Bucs: Any CB lol

I think the Browns may want to trade down, their target would likely be the Chargers who would love to get ahead of Arizona for Eric Fisher. However, after the fiasso that was the Juilo Jones trade, the Browns front office can not afford to trade down to far again... their fan base would revolt.

If the Chargers get ahead of Arizona for Fisher, the Cards could very well draft a pass rusher instead...unless Geno Simth is on the board, no other QB is going top 10.

I keep hearing Warmack in the top ten and while I agree hes a great player and maybe the most talented in this draft... David DeCastro was touted as a top 10 pick, the best guard to hit the draft in decades and easily one of the top players of last years draft. In the end he went in the 20's because no one drafts guards these days that high ne matter how good he is. I see Warmack slipping to the 15-20 range.

I'm also not sold on the Bucs drafting a CB that high with Milliner off the board. Yes CB is a need for them but they have other needs as well and I don't see them reaching on a corner when there is so much talent on the board.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: