Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st round pick
2nd round pick
3rd round pick (From Carolina)
3rd round pick
4th round pick
5th round pick (From Indianapolis)
5th round pick
6th round pick (From Miami)
6th round pick
7th round pick (From Cincinnati, previously acquired through trading Taylor Mays)
7th round pick

list of the picks we currently have
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some may disagree, but I'm willing to use a 4th round pick on a kicker. Any stud kickers out there in the draft like Blair Walsh?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Some may disagree, but I'm willing to use a 4th round pick on a kicker. Any stud kickers out there in the draft like Blair Walsh?

Dustin Hopkins from Florida State and Caleb Sturgis from Florida are the top two and really only the two worth drafting. Both could be had in the 6th but one may creep up into the 5th.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

With the way the season has gone + the number of picks we have, I am too.

Deadpulse on the sig

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
How does it end? Hopefully it's a guy snake cause girls don't poop.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Since we tend to reach, I fully expect us to use a 4th on a kicker. We would have been 13-3 with a decent kicker.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Dustin Hopkins from Florida State and Caleb Sturgis from Florida are the top two and really only the two worth drafting. Both could be had in the 6th but one may creep up into the 5th.

Zach Brown from portland st is a stud kicker too. Smaller school so he can probably be had in the 7th.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Zach Brown from portland st is a stud kicker too. Smaller school so he can probably be had in the 7th.
eh.... Not really a fan of the "he could probably be had" line. We have so few needs that if we see a guy who can be a stud for us, go ahead and "reach" for him. I have so much faith in our ability to evaluate talent at this point that I wouldn't even think "wow what a reach" but rather "wow I was way off on that guy." As has been said, if there is only one kicker we really like and we think he is going to be a great pro, go ahead and draft him in the 4th. We still have 4 picks in the first three rounds to use on potential star players, and quite a few later picks to take some chances (or package to trade up or for future picks).

Our legit needs as I see them... (as in these guys will see the field regularly next season, and we are/could be losing a starter)

#3 WR - depending on KW's recovery. If he is back I actually really like him as a #3/4 with Jenkins after Crab and MM
NT - may be addressed by resigning Soap/RJF
K
CB - Rogers could restructure, or he might be cut, Cox is fine but not a top 3 guy IMO
C - Does the staff think Kilgore can be a full-time player?
TE - Delanie is such an inconsistent player, I want an upgrade here
KR - Ginn should be gone, and it would be nice to have somebody in this spot who can contribute in other ways

Wants ... (may not make a huge impact next year, but we would like a new player here before it becomes a major hole in the roster)

DE - Smith is getting to be a bit older, and it would be great to have a young guy we feel can step in when he hangs up the cleats. Also giving he and McDonald a breather from time to time could go a long way towards extending their careers and keeping them healthy for future playoff runs. Would love to see our top pick used here if there is good value.

CB - Rogers could restructure, or he might be cut, Cox is fine but not a top 3 guy IMO and just not sold on Brock yet

S- We need to get some quality depth here. I am really uncomfortable with what we have behind our starters and there are no guarantees we can keep Goldson beyond next season

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
Swift21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogers already restructured.

Sig credit goes to IDOG_det
SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile
rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift21 wrote:

Hmm... no. He signed a one-year deal, was a free agent, then signed a 3 year deal. He wouldn't have been able to restructure his deal. He can only do so after the new league year starts in march.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Swift21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Swift21 wrote:

Hmm... no. He signed a one-year deal, was a free agent, then signed a 3 year deal. He wouldn't have been able to restructure his deal. He can only do so after the new league year starts in march.

McDonald, Rogers and Vernon Davis all restructured to accommodate Bowman's five year extension. Maiocco confirmed.

BTW he signed a four year deal and here's the restructure link.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/three-49ers-vets-provide-assistance-sign-bowman

SoS wrote:
Smile
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift21 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Swift21 wrote:

McDonald, Rogers and Vernon Davis all restructured to accommodate Bowman's five year extension. Maiocco confirmed.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/three-49ers-vets-provide-assistance-sign-bowman

usually it just pushed there money to a different year, or different form
but hes still getting his money.

he needs to take a paycut restructure or get cut i think

new sig... sorry alex
rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift21 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Swift21 wrote:

Must be new provisions from the new CBA. In past years, that would have been impossible. If anything, it makes Rogers a little less cuttable, since some of his salary this year has been converted into guaranteed money that will be prorated over the length of the contract. If we were to release him this offseason, according to my very scientific number-crunching abilities, it could cost us up to 1.5 mil more in cap penalty than what it would already have cost us. So I guess speculations about releasing Rogers should be ignored at this point.

oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if I recall after looking over the new numbers... we would save about 1 million on the cap for cutting or trading Rogers... but all that dead money is teh suxxorz.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Swift21 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Swift21 wrote:

Must be new provisions from the new CBA. In past years, that would have been impossible. If anything, it makes Rogers a little less cuttable, since some of his salary this year has been converted into guaranteed money that will be prorated over the length of the contract. If we were to release him this offseason, according to my very scientific number-crunching abilities, it could cost us up to 1.5 mil more in cap penalty than what it would already have cost us. So I guess speculations about releasing Rogers should be ignored at this point.

That should've been ignored a long time ago. We don't save hardly anything releasing Rogers.

SoS wrote:
Smile
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One good thing to pick from tonight: we'll be picking ahead of the Ravens.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 35 of 101

Jump to: