Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What is Tyrod Taylor Worth to Chip Kelly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alfalcone

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: What is Tyrod Taylor Worth to Chip Kelly Reply with quote

Daniel Jeremiah mentioned in an article today that Chip Kelly might be looking to trade for Tyrod Taylor, especially if the Eagles are forced to cut Michael Vick. Tyrod has obviously shown flashes, but he is still raw. What of anything do you think he could be traded for? Obviously as a season ticket holder I would like us to keep him just so the preseason games could be a tad more exciting.

http://on.nfl.com/ReedRavens
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: What is Tyrod Taylor Worth to Chip Kelly Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
Daniel Jeremiah mentioned in an article today that Chip Kelly might be looking to trade for Tyrod Taylor, especially if the Eagles are forced to cut Michael Vick. Tyrod has obviously shown flashes, but he is still raw. What of anything do you think he could be traded for? Obviously as a season ticket holder I would like us to keep him just so the preseason games could be a tad more exciting.

I think practically every blogger and nfl reporter will link their teams athletic quarterback with Chip Kelly. I think if their is true interest, I'd doubt we'd get anything more than a 5th round pick for him. As he's not particularly tall for a QB... And if Kelly really wants and athletic QB, he does have options with both Mike Vick, who you mentioned, and perhaps he could look to be the guy to revive (or create?) Vince Young's NFL career. If Young is in shape, he has the athleticism to run that kind of system. He's not the best decision maker, but put him in such a quick strike offense and maybe he stops thinking so much and simply attacks off instinct.

Also Dennis Dixon is on our practice squad, he'd likely be a better option to go for Chip Kelly, he'd be cheap, familiar enough with what he likes to do, and fits the athletic profile of an NFL quarterback.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: What is Tyrod Taylor Worth to Chip Kelly Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
alfalcone wrote:

I think practically every blogger and nfl reporter will link their teams athletic quarterback with Chip Kelly. I think if their is true interest, I'd doubt we'd get anything more than a 5th round pick for him. As he's not particularly tall for a QB... And if Kelly really wants and athletic QB, he does have options with both Mike Vick, who you mentioned, and perhaps he could look to be the guy to revive (or create?) Vince Young's NFL career. If Young is in shape, he has the athleticism to run that kind of system. He's not the best decision maker, but put him in such a quick strike offense and maybe he stops thinking so much and simply attacks off instinct.

Also Dennis Dixon is on our practice squad, he'd likely be a better option to go for Chip Kelly, he'd be cheap, familiar enough with what he likes to do, and fits the athletic profile of an NFL quarterback.

Came here to say this. Dennis Dixon is far more likely IMO

GO RAVENS!!
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Taylor would be worth much since he can't be relied on to throw the ball. Even if his cleans up his accuracy there's not a lot of velocity on his throws and I don't see him ever being a guy you want starting regardless of the system the team runs.
calsario

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: tyrod taylor Reply with quote

Did you watch Tyrod at VT? Its like college stats only matter to players you want them to matter for, he is a really good
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you watched Taylor throw balls at the NFL level? You can really tell the difference between him and a QB that is actually good like Flacco. College stats are irrelevant at this point.

It sounds like the Eagles are interested in Dixon though. From what I've read they're going to sign him to their roster (since he's only on Baltimore's practice squad) after the Superbowl.
alfalcone

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Have you watched Taylor throw balls at the NFL level? You can really tell the difference between him and a QB that is actually good like Flacco. College stats are irrelevant at this point.

It sounds like the Eagles are interested in Dixon though. From what I've read they're going to sign him to their roster (since he's only on Baltimore's practice squad) after the Superbowl.

Would it be worth it to Baltimore to promote Dixon and demote a scrub who will be deactivated say Omar Brown or Deonte Thompson, just so we can trade him to Philly for a 6th rounder or so?
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt the Eagles would give up anything of value for him.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

Would it be worth it to Baltimore to promote Dixon and demote a scrub who will be deactivated say Omar Brown or Deonte Thompson, just so we can trade him to Philly for a 6th rounder or so?

thatd be a slap in the face to dixon, i highly doubt we go that route.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

If a police officer offered me a warning, no, I would not take it.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
alfalcone wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

thatd be a slap in the face to dixon, i highly doubt we go that route.
Not to mention it unnecessarily provokes Philly, something that would either lead to them snapping up Omar Brown/Deonte Thompson right then and there or just biding their time for some sabotage down the road. Ozzie is well-respected in this league and leverages that respect when he needs to (such as when he publicly shamed Jerry Angelo over that botched draft-day trade). He's not trying to make enemies and burn bridges around the league when he otherwise uses his relationships around the league to his advantage.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: