Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

QB in RD 1
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
NIKEJWN


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 2515
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: QB in RD 1 Reply with quote

Will any one else be highly upset if we reach for a QB in rd 1 like I would be. Glennon has been given to the Bills all over mocks that I have read and I just dont get his hype or any QB for that matter. The only way I want to draft a QB in rd 1 would be through a trade back secenario. I feel like we will be setting our franchise up for failure if we reach for Glennon, Nassib, Wilson or any of these fringe first rd QBs and missing out on some strong talented defensive players that will be there for us at 8.

I understand the importance of finding that Franchise QB and maybe one of these guys will hit, but to me I just dont see it. All the guys coming out last year were high quality winning QBs. These guys have just been way to inconsistent to get my interest.
_________________


Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner


Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trentwannabe


Joined: 28 Dec 2007
Posts: 3947
Location: Igloo, Canada
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glennon to me has the potential to be clearly the best QB in the the draft and be a top 15 QB. He has been inconsistent and makes throws that make you go WOW and others that are like "are you kidding?" If he can sit for a year and learn the offense and speed of the game I think he will be the franchise QB we ache for.

Wilson reminds me so much of Trent Edwards. Shows flashes, is very careful, and doesn't seem to force it down field. I would be terrified to take him.

Nassib: Russ Lande said he is the best QB in the draft, his opinion I trust but I don't see it. Obviously he has been mocked to us because of Marrone and Hackett but i wouldn't touch him until round 2, and even then i would sit him at least a year.

To answer your question, I wouldn't be mad if we drafted a QB at 8 only if it is Glennon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cdavls17


Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 3267
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hate the idea of getting a qb in the 1st round and starting to question on whether or not the bills should take one in the 2nd rd. This could possibly be the worst qb class in a long time. Glennon is terrible he hasnt done anything that makes me think he could step to the next level. Tyler wilson is ok nothing special and Nassib is not good the hype is out there because he was with Marone and Hackett. His accuracy isnt great and his arm strength is weak (Fitzpatrick 2.0). I rather pick up a veteran qb and draft a qb later round or wait until next year and filling the other needs the bills have.
_________________


Thanks Max
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flutieflakes02


Joined: 22 Feb 2007
Posts: 150
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think either way we r going to get screwed. If glennon is there at 8 and we pass and someone like the jets take him we will get laughed at cause we didn't take him. If we wait and guys like nassib, and glennon are gone and we have to take the next best cause fitz sucks, it will b considered a reach. If we do take a qb at 8 it will b a reach, and if we don't and we miss out on our guys were laughed at. The best possible solution is to trade down and take glennon or hope nassib is there on day 2.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NIKEJWN


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 2515
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I think we are really in a no win situation at this point. I want nothing to do with Glennon. I have watched him for the past two years as my brother went to NC State so I have a small rooting interest in that team and he just did not have the consistency I would have liked. In a really bad ACC with only two some what legit teams he couldnt muster much at all this season.
_________________


Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner


Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BillSabre


Joined: 01 May 2008
Posts: 2585
Location: Buffalo 716
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flutieflakes02 wrote:
I think either way we r going to get screwed. If glennon is there at 8 and we pass and someone like the jets take him we will get laughed at cause we didn't take him. If we wait and guys like nassib, and glennon are gone and we have to take the next best cause fitz sucks, it will b considered a reach. If we do take a qb at 8 it will b a reach, and if we don't and we miss out on our guys were laughed at. The best possible solution is to trade down and take glennon or hope nassib is there on day 2.


Did you really type this whole thing out and skip out on an A and three E's? Lol. You are right, whatever we do will be scrutinized...... Unless we strike oil!!!
_________________

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trentwannabe


Joined: 28 Dec 2007
Posts: 3947
Location: Igloo, Canada
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIKEJWN wrote:
Ya I think we are really in a no win situation at this point. I want nothing to do with Glennon. I have watched him for the past two years as my brother went to NC State so I have a small rooting interest in that team and he just did not have the consistency I would have liked. In a really bad ACC with only two some what legit teams he couldnt muster much at all this season.


Does NC state really have a lot of talent though? I mean wasn't Tj Graham like their best receiver? That tells me everything I need to know about their roster.

What I see when I watch Glennon:

NFL Arm
Poise/ Pocket presence
good not great accuracy
command of the offense
energetic and a leader
below average foot work
makes questionable throws
lacks true mobility

I know Glennon has been inconsistent but like i fore mentioned I question how good the team around him really was. In my eyes Glennon is a better prospect then Tannehill was last year who coincidentally went 8th to Miami.

Obviously these are called highlights for a reason, but watch this video and tell me you are not impressed with his down field accuracy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uygMU8GbWPE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lets Go Buffalo


Joined: 04 Jul 2011
Posts: 55
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Glennon is worth the 8th. Jones maybe around 20 has a awesome receiver Jaz Reynolds .Dysert is fairly solid might be a better real good back up.Nassib is not worth a first period.Barkley is tough but has some issues I see.Murray has good throwing motion but might be hair light on arm strength.Wilson cant elude pressure well and questionable arm strength horrible OL. No way to Bray. Geno is wicked fast not sure about his judgement but has good td to int ratio.Need to watch more QBs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lets Go Buffalo


Joined: 04 Jul 2011
Posts: 55
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and Manuel is fast but cant throw.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AnafiWhat


Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Posts: 35
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just my opinion, but I'd take Nassib over anyone except possibly Wilson. And I don't think those two are far apart. But I would like to see them trade down and then take their guy, get an extra 2nd rounder and use that to get one of Ertz or Eifert to give our new QB, whomever it is (for me I'd go Nassib or Wilson or Smith, whomever is still available), and then use a 2nd on a TE who can give the new QB a nice security blanket, and make Chandler more of an extra option at TE, instead of the guy, as the new NFL is showing a lot of teams like to use 2 guys in that role. And then with the other 2nd grab a guy like Chase Thomas, who is versatile enough to play 4-3 or 3-4 for Pettine's defense and grab a WR with our 3rd, as there is plenty of depth, and someone like Da'Rick Rogers or Ryan Swope or Quinton Patton will likely fall to that range.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NIKEJWN


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 2515
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
NIKEJWN wrote:
Ya I think we are really in a no win situation at this point. I want nothing to do with Glennon. I have watched him for the past two years as my brother went to NC State so I have a small rooting interest in that team and he just did not have the consistency I would have liked. In a really bad ACC with only two some what legit teams he couldnt muster much at all this season.


Does NC state really have a lot of talent though? I mean wasn't Tj Graham like their best receiver? That tells me everything I need to know about their roster.

What I see when I watch Glennon:

NFL Arm
Poise/ Pocket presence
good not great accuracy
command of the offense
energetic and a leader
below average foot work
makes questionable throws
lacks true mobility

I know Glennon has been inconsistent but like i fore mentioned I question how good the team around him really was. In my eyes Glennon is a better prospect then Tannehill was last year who coincidentally went 8th to Miami.

Obviously these are called highlights for a reason, but watch this video and tell me you are not impressed with his down field accuracy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uygMU8GbWPE


Highlights are highlights and when you play teams like Duke Wake Forest Boston College you are going to have some. I am still not impressed at all to take this guy in rd 1. First dont want a statue in the pocket much rather have a guy who has some mobility. As to the talent issue. Glennon continues to get Matt Ryan comparisons, and Ryan had about the same talent level that Glennon had. The difference between the two is that Ryan made the guys around him better. Glennon did not. Plus having watched more of Glennon he had some decent options on the outside and a pretty good TE. Your not going to sway my opinion of this guy and if we take him I am sure you will be disappointed.
_________________


Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner


Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trentwannabe


Joined: 28 Dec 2007
Posts: 3947
Location: Igloo, Canada
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIKEJWN wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
NIKEJWN wrote:
Ya I think we are really in a no win situation at this point. I want nothing to do with Glennon. I have watched him for the past two years as my brother went to NC State so I have a small rooting interest in that team and he just did not have the consistency I would have liked. In a really bad ACC with only two some what legit teams he couldnt muster much at all this season.


Does NC state really have a lot of talent though? I mean wasn't Tj Graham like their best receiver? That tells me everything I need to know about their roster.

What I see when I watch Glennon:

NFL Arm
Poise/ Pocket presence
good not great accuracy
command of the offense
energetic and a leader
below average foot work
makes questionable throws
lacks true mobility

I know Glennon has been inconsistent but like i fore mentioned I question how good the team around him really was. In my eyes Glennon is a better prospect then Tannehill was last year who coincidentally went 8th to Miami.

Obviously these are called highlights for a reason, but watch this video and tell me you are not impressed with his down field accuracy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uygMU8GbWPE


Highlights are highlights and when you play teams like Duke Wake Forest Boston College you are going to have some. I am still not impressed at all to take this guy in rd 1. First dont want a statue in the pocket much rather have a guy who has some mobility. As to the talent issue. Glennon continues to get Matt Ryan comparisons, and Ryan had about the same talent level that Glennon had. The difference between the two is that Ryan made the guys around him better. Glennon did not. Plus having watched more of Glennon he had some decent options on the outside and a pretty good TE. Your not going to sway my opinion of this guy and if we take him I am sure you will be disappointed.


I know I said that.

Matty Ice was considered a reach at 3 when it happened, and because of how he played no one remembers that. I too have seen the comparisons to Matt Ryan and I don't really see it either, I think Glennon is more like Joe Flacco or Matt Shaub. He isn't going to put up top 5 numbers every year, but he can lead a team to the playoffs and in todays event maybe even a Super Bowl.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree for now on Glennon and see how his career turns out. But I think with our running game, the few weapons at WR and the potential defence we could have. Glennon could be just what we need.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BillsGuy82


Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 9511
Location: Niagara Falls
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to warm up to EJ Manuel in round 2 if he there and he has climbed up my big board.

Geno Smith
EJ Manuel
Tyler Wilson
Ryan Nassib
Mike Glennon

Mobile QB's are becoming premiums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
EccentricFan


Joined: 05 Jun 2012
Posts: 921
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Mobile QB's are becoming premiums


Yes, but I worry about how well NFL defenses adjust as a result. You can bet that some of the best defensive minds are working up strategies to deal with this type of QB. It's debatable how effective it will be, but it's all but certain to have some results.

On the other side of the spectrum, the more time and effort that goes into preparing for mobile QBs, the less time that goes to more traditional pocked passers. So some of the loss in effectiveness of the mobile QB could be picked up by the more traditional passers.

That says, you always want mobility if you can get it, but taking a mobile QB who's a less effective passer just to get a mobile QB may not be the best long term answer. We haven't yet seen how long this new wave will last.

It may always be around. But you can all but guarantee it will never be quite as devastating as to defenses as the first couple of years when almost no one was prepared for it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DKTurtle51


Joined: 17 Feb 2007
Posts: 4977
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/2/2/3944920/scouting-geno-smith-barkley-glennon-and-wilson-a-metrics-breakdown

Found this to be a good read on Smith, Barkley, Glennon and Wilson.
_________________

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group