Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Class with Russ Lande

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Class with Russ Lande Reply with quote

Currently I am a student at smww.com, which is Sports Management WorldWide. Russ Lande and John Wooten are the two course directors for it. Every Tuesday we get to have an audio chat with John, and Wednesday with Russ. When it was my turn to ask any question I wanted, I obviously chose the Browns. Here are my notes I took not just for the Browns, but the draft and NFL in general.

-Believes Ryan Nassib is the best QB and has a chance to go #1 if he interviews and works out well.

-Geno Smith is a late 1st QB. Likes his Arm Strength and Knowledge but is iffy on his Accuracy and Mechanics.

-The 49ers will win the Super Bowl by a TD or less.

-For pass rushers, Werner, Dion Jordan, Sam Montgomery, Ezikiel Ansah, Brandon Jenkins, Tank Carridine, and Bark Mino (In no order) are the some players he likes and can fill a 3-4 OLB.

-He's not very high on Jarvis Jones. His medical issues are a concern and sometimes he just doesn't bring it. He is also low on DaMontre Moore.

-He has Keenan Allen as the #1 WR and not really close with anyone else.

-Eric Fisher will go no later than #11. He said he is a better prospect than Joe Staley was when he came out of Central Michigan.

-Look for Dennis Dixon to sign with the Eagles as early as Monday, and has a good chance to start there. Will battle with Foles.

-Kenny Vacarro is the best safety, with Jonathan Cyprien rising. He called him the "real deal" and could play either position. Has Matt Elam as a Mid-2nd rounder.

-Zach Ertz is the best TE.

-Manti Te'o is an excellent coverage LB and has good athletic ability. Sees him as a late 1st guy. Favorite ILB is Ogletree, who can hit hard.

-Marcus Wheaton is going to be a good pro. No explosion in the open field but runs good routes. Questions his speed in the open field.

And finally the thoughts on the Browns..

-Loves the way they are headed.

-Think Lombardi will do a better job than people think.

-Worked with Chud in 2004 and said that he will make Weeden into a very good QB.

-Said at #6 expect us to look at Bjoern Werner, Dion Jordan and... Keenan Allen. Yes, the WR from California.

-Some insiders told him that some don't believe in Greg Little and that Josh Gordon and Keenan Allen would be a great duo. Allen reminds him of AJ Green.

Take it how you want, I know some aren't high on Russ Lande but talking to him tonight was awesome. Had a chat room of about 15-20 guys and if you were muted you could chat via text, while if you were not muted got to talk to Russ about ANYTHING. Really nice guy and was honest about some stuff.

Thoughts to some of the stuff he said? I feel different about a lot of stuff he said, but he had good support to his thoughts.

XBL-theUrbanator69
Student @ smww.com
Twitter: @draft4mark
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff
Thanks

How the hell does Allen compare with Green lol

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Marky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Great stuff
Thanks

How the hell does Allen compare with Green lol

I think it is obvious that Green>>>>>Allen, but in terms of playing style maybe? I haven't seen enough of Allen to compare the two.

Really interesting as to why Little is thought highly of, he played well in the 2nd half of the year with Gordon vaulting to the #1.

XBL-theUrbanator69
Student @ smww.com
Twitter: @draft4mark
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see some of the comparisons between Allen and Green, though Green is the much better receiver.

Keenan Allen is a great prospect though, long and lean with a similar physical stature to AJ and has similar speed, fast enough to get deep and a long strider but not pure elite speed. Green is smoother in his catching though. Can't see a situation where we would take him with our first pick considering the defensive need, but Gordon and Allen with Little in the slot would be incredible.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice to see your taking those classes... My first Master's degree is in Sport Management and I truly enjoyed taking many of those courses. If you have not got into researching professional sport facilities yet, you will have a good time looking at the all related aspects of planning and construction to impacts on the city, income, and neighborhoods years later... great stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to know more about Dion Jordan. He reminds me of a t-sizzle in the aspect that he could be a decent pass rusher wish great cover skills, and can develop into an elite edge setter if he puts on weight. thoughts?

LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, KINDNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITHFULNESS, AND SELF-CONTROL
buno67

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abbs1988 wrote:
I would like to know more about Dion Jordan. He reminds me of a t-sizzle in the aspect that he could be a decent pass rusher wish great cover skills, and can develop into an elite edge setter if he puts on weight. thoughts?

he has struggled keeping his weight on. He looks very fast in college but they said he played college around 225-230LB. If he wants to be a elite OLB in a 3/4 he needs to put weight on. At his height of 6'7. A good weight would be 250-260. How much speed would he lose putting on the weight he would need to be

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
abbs1988 wrote:

he has struggled keeping his weight on. He looks very fast in college but they said he played college around 225-230LB. If he wants to be a elite OLB in a 3/4 he needs to put weight on. At his height of 6'7. A good weight would be 250-260. How much speed would he lose putting on the weight he would need to be

I feel like from what I've read, he's still filling into his body (as opposed to being at the right weight already and having that be too low), so if he puts on weight, although I'm sure he'll lose some speed as a natural result the guy seems to be pretty physically freakish and wouldnt lose enough to make a huge difference in his potential.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: