Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3-4 player transition thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
i doubt many people would call me an optimist... but it looks like it will work on paper. Im just trying to hope for the best, but the other side of the coin is too bad to think about and makes me want to buy a different jersey....

but anyways...

Looking a bit closer at our ILB situation, specifically Robertson.

D'Qwell Jackson: 6'0 240
Chris Gocong: 6'2 263
James-Michael Johnson: 6'1 240
LJ Fort: 6' 230
Tank Carder: 6'2 235
Craig Robertson: 6'1 229

I had initially considered Robertson too small to play in the new alignment, but in comparison he isnt significantly smaller the other guys - except for Gocong who is huge.

In comparison to the Cardinals ILB...

Washington: 6'2 230
Lenon: 6'2 240
Walker: 6'0 244
Bradley: 6'4 258

and then with the steelers (2010).... while horton wasnt the dc or in charge of personnel this is where he cut his teeth so to speak...

James Farrior: 6'2 243
Lawrence Timmons: 6'1 234
Larry Foote: 6'1 239
Keyaron Fox: 6'3 235

Again, I had initially assumed Robertson that while he was fast, could hit, tackle being a converted safety to LB at a small school... he would get cut simply because he was too small... well, I was wrong.

Given his age, I see no reason why he cant or wont put on 10 pounds. I think it will be a very interesting camp battle at this spot for the Browns, especially with Acho, Moten, and possibly Maivia too!

ARI's Bradley has some interesting comparisons to Gocong... but thats a different post.

Excellent post. I agree. It's one of the reasons I made the trade the DQ thread. Wink

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 3-4 player transition thread Reply with quote

Quick update with Rucker being released, as I predicted.

Also with the comments about Taylor at nt and rubin as a de I figured I'd reset my projected starting line at this point with the roster.

DE. Hughes, Winn
NT. Taylor, Kitchen
DE. Rubin,

OLB. Gocong, Stephens
ILB. Jackson, Fort, Carder
iLB. Johnson, Roberton, Acho
OLB. Sheard, Adams

The player that will fill the other DE spot is not on the roster right now. I dont believe Stanford has a shot in you know what.

I think Gocong most likely plays inside over Johnson, however I think the chance he stay on the edge is there too... Just depends on what happens in FA and the draft.

And of course we still need a CB and FS as well...

Last edited by Dropkick_pride on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:50 am; edited 2 times in total
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were the GM I would look into signing Tyson Jackson from the Chiefs who is a likely cap casualty and Anthony Spencer from the Cowboys.

If they Cowboys tag Spencer I wouldn't mind trading Sheard and a LB for Spencer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiogenius wrote:
If I were the GM I would look into signing Tyson Jackson from the Chiefs who is a likely cap casualty and Anthony Spencer from the Cowboys.

Woah... That is a bit crazy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
ohiogenius wrote:

Woah... That is a LOT crazy.

FIFY

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
Sobo Wrote;
Quote:
Depends on your definition, because I'm more used to terms like Jack, Buck, Mike, etc. But I'll apply Bum's take on how I see each of these prospects...
SharkDawg wrote: Assume for now we end up with Pagano. It looks like the Chargers ran the Phillips 3-4. How would you line up the defensive depth chart with our current roster (including separating out strong vs weak sides)?

What positions would the following guys play:
Jarvis Jones - Will
Bjoern Werner - Sam/Will
Damontre Moore - Sam/Will
Dion Jordan - Will
Sam Montgomery - Weakside end
Barkevious Mingo - Will
Alex Okafor - Sam
Ezekiel Ansah - Either end
Corey Lemonier - Sam
William Gholston - Strongside end
Star Lotulelei - nose or either end
Manti Te'o - Ted or Mike
Kevin Minter - Ted or Mike
Alec Ogletree - Mike
Nico Johnson - Ted or Mike
Chase Thomas - Will or Sam
Brandon Jenkins - Will

Brining this back up. I didn't really comment on it earlier.

I bolted the guys I like for ROLB, and I find it very interesting that these are same guys listed as projecting to will. Huh, I must be onto something here. Laughing

I also liked that they in Jenkins on this. If he shows up healthy at the combine he could easily be a 1st round pick.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope we don't redo our 1st or second draft for the 34.

Have the opportunity to take an awesome dl, but instead take a more important posting in pass rusher.

I would rather have a another good defensive linemen and need at pass rusher.

BPA regardless of offence defence or position.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kendrik Adams.

6-5, 250, 24 years old.

He was an UDFA and spent his first year bouncing from the Jags, to Bucs, to Lions, before signing with the Browns.

Pro Day
40 Yrd Dash: 4.67
20 Yrd Dash: 2.74
10 Yrd Dash: 1.65
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 21
Vertical Jump: 27
Broad Jump: 09'01"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.57
3-Cone Drill: 7.29

He was originally signed at Auburn, but spent two years in JUCO with some decent stats before switching to LSU. Started 11 games at LDE with 27 tackles, 1.5 sacks, 2.5 tackles for losses, 2 qb hurries, 1 forced fumble, and 1 pass breakup (not bad for just transferring in to the SEC). His Senior year he started 12 games with 22 tackles, 6.5 tackles for loss, 2.5 sacks, and 3 QB hurries. And that is with Mingo taking most of the snaps his last season.

His best game was against Georgia his senior year - i like when guys best games are against top opponents instead of crap teams.

Looks like he only missed to games due to injury, so thats a plus.

Here is agood article on him... talks alot about a typo on height for some reason? But at the end there is a video of him -- good discipline, good motor, good speed, lacks pass rushing moves though... Looks more like a 34 OLB than 43 DE thats for sure.. potential backup for Sheard.

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2012/5/3/2996255/kendrick-adams-scouting-report-jaguars

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hall is not on the roster anymore... dang, he looked to have more potential that Adams...

Emmanuel Stephens, Ricky Elmore, and... no one else haha crap.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:

We need three people on defense... A true FS to cover the deep half, great #2 cb to pair with Haden, and a second OLB to rush opposite of Sheard. It appears the rest is in place....

Finding Three guys should be doable and should make the defense really good.

Greetings. New to these boards and felt like catching up on this discussion. I agree about those missing pieces. The top options right for me would be

1. Dion Jordan OLB Oregon - Will/Jack
Jarvis Jones is too risky a prospect imo for Banner & Lombardi. Mingo hasn't been productive enough. D.Moore and Werner will be off the board, I think. Jordan played half the season with a torn labrum and still had a sold season. Statistically better even then Mingo.
2. Duke Williams FS Nevada - Nickel DB
Fills the role Lombardi has deemed all important-the nickel DB. He mentioned recently that he considers this position perhaps more important the the MLB and mentioned it as a reason the Browns couldn't stop the run against the NYG this season.
3. Keenan Lewis CB Steelers - RCB
GM reportedly will let all Steelers FA test the market)
4. William Moore/Dashon Goldson/Laron Landry - FS
Any of these will suffice

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Quick update with Rucker being released, as I predicted.

Also with the comments about Taylor at nt and rubin as a de I figured I'd reset my projected starting line at this point with the roster.

DE. Hughes, Winn
NT. Taylor, Kitchen
DE. Rubin,

OLB. Gocong, Stephens
ILB. Jackson, Fort, Carder
iLB. Johnson, Roberton, Acho
OLB. Sheard, Adams

The player that will fill the other DE spot is not on the roster right now. I dont believe Stanford has a shot in you know what.

I think Gocong most likely plays inside over Johnson, however I think the chance he stay on the edge is there too... Just depends on what happens in FA and the draft.

And of course we still need a CB and FS as well...

I'd project it...

DE Rubin - Winn
NT Hughes - Kitchen
DE Taylor - Winn

OLB Sheard
ILB Gocong - JMJ - Fort
ILB Jackson - Robertson
OLB

I know the talk is Taylor at the nose but imo, Hughes has the most potential as a run stopper. He controls and holds his ground better then Taylor.

Contrary to a lot of the talk, I think Sheard projects best to the Sam. He's not the greatest pass rusher to fill the primary rusher role for the defense. He's much similar to Jarrett Johnson or Calvin Pace.

Dropkick_pride wrote:
i doubt many people would call me an optimist... but it looks like it will work on paper. Im just trying to hope for the best, but the other side of the coin is too bad to think about and makes me want to buy a different jersey....

but anyways...

Looking a bit closer at our ILB situation, specifically Robertson.

D'Qwell Jackson: 6'0 240
Chris Gocong: 6'2 263
James-Michael Johnson: 6'1 240
LJ Fort: 6' 230
Tank Carder: 6'2 235
Craig Robertson: 6'1 229

I had initially considered Robertson too small to play in the new alignment, but in comparison he isnt significantly smaller the other guys - except for Gocong who is huge.

In comparison to the Cardinals ILB...

Washington: 6'2 230
Lenon: 6'2 240
Walker: 6'0 244
Bradley: 6'4 258

and then with the steelers (2010).... while horton wasnt the dc or in charge of personnel this is where he cut his teeth so to speak...

James Farrior: 6'2 243
Lawrence Timmons: 6'1 234
Larry Foote: 6'1 239
Keyaron Fox: 6'3 235

Again, I had initially assumed Robertson that while he was fast, could hit, tackle being a converted safety to LB at a small school... he would get cut simply because he was too small... well, I was wrong.

Given his age, I see no reason why he cant or wont put on 10 pounds. I think it will be a very interesting camp battle at this spot for the Browns, especially with Acho, Moten, and possibly Maivia too!

I came to the same conclusion regarding Robertson. And particularly after watching some highlights of him at North Texas. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUsja7zybeA

Ether wrote:

At the time we thought that the same gap shooting ability would make him a better DE than NT. I don't think that Rogers is really a good comparison at all because that little experiment last such a short amount of time. I regret making it.

I think Rogers is a fairly decent compare for Taylor. I remember first getting a look at him at Baylor and thought, even with his size, he was more of an UT. He's huge and disruptive but doesn't play extremely stout or tie guys up all that well....yet.

Pre-Draft 2013 Mock *FULL DRAFT* http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=521213&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: