Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ed Reed will return for another season.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UKEaglesFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
He's gonna be a Pat.

My source said he was going to be an Eagle.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKEaglesFan wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
He's gonna be a Pat.

I'm sure he'll want to make a SB run in his last season, its unlikely that the Eagles can offer him that chance.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
UKEaglesFan wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
He's gonna be a Pat.

I'm sure he'll want to make a SB run in his last season, its unlikely that the Eagles can offer him that chance.

I'm sure he wants to win a Superbowl in his last season, its unlikely that the Patriots can offer him that chance.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been impressed with Ed Reed in the last two years (including this one). He just has extremely little impact on games. He's such a boom or bust type of guy; either he makes a huge play or he does nothing. I'd MUCH rather have someone like Jarius Byrd in FA (I'm assuming the Bills tag him) because he's the flatout superior player.

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
UKEaglesFan wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
He's gonna be a Pat.

I'm sure he wants to win a Superbowl in his last season, its unlikely that the Patriots can offer him that chance.
If Reed continues to play after this season, the Patriots have no chance to win a SB next year? Give me a break.

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
UKEaglesFan wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
He's gonna be a Pat.

If Reed continues to play after this season, the Patriots have no chance to win a SB next year? Give me a break.
He's eluding to this year Confused

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Jonezy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see us being a player in his sweepstakes

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
kmvoss

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
UKEaglesFan wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
He's gonna be a Pat.

He's eluding to this year Confused

Alluding! Oh, and you're correct.
kmvoss

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:

I'd like that. About the Pats... much to the chagrin of many Ravens fans, I wouldn't mind too much to see him in a Pat's uniform. I would rather him retire a Raven but I'd be interested in seeing what Bellichek could do /w him.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmvoss wrote:
Jonezy wrote:

I'd like that. About the Pats... much to the chagrin of many Ravens fans, I wouldn't mind too much to see him in a Pat's uniform. I would rather him retire a Raven but I'd be interested in seeing what Bellichek could do /w him.

Most likely, the move will be hyped up to epic proportions, calling BB a genius and proclaiming this move to be one of the best signings of the past decade....only for it to fall well short of those grand expectations like pretty much every other move the Pats have made since Randy Moss.

PS...this isnt meant to dog the Pats at all...just the media and people who overhype everything the Pats do.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hypothetically speaking of course, but I'm not entirely sure a team like New England would be a good fit for Reed if he did leave Baltimore. Obviously the prospect of pairing him with Belichick will get people excited, and a player as cerebral as him has a chance to succeed anywhere. But watching the Patriots these past several years, they continue to fall short in the playoffs when they run into teams that simply outphysical them. They need to move away from being a pure finesse team and I'm not sure signing a guy with a neck condition that prevents him from ever tackling properly is going to help them get away from their fundamental softness. Reed works in Baltimore at this stage in his career because the team as a whole is excessively physical and can thus can compensate for a player of Reed's condition. In New England he would serve as more of an avatar for the defense's weaknesses.

After watching Anquan Boldin literally toss Patriot secondary players around like ragdolls for the decisive scores in the AFC Title game, I'm not really all that convinced that adding a player like Ed Reed gets New England that much closer to unlocking the weaknesses that prevent them from going all the way. I want Ed Reed back as a Raven next year if it's at all possible as I've already said, and I would certainly hate seeing him in a Pats uniform, but trying to look at it objectively, I'm not sure if it's the best fit.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
HOVA333

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Hypothetically speaking of course, but I'm not entirely sure a team like New England would be a good fit for Reed if he did leave Baltimore. Obviously the prospect of pairing him with Belichick will get people excited, and a player as cerebral as him has a chance to succeed anywhere. But watching the Patriots these past several years, they continue to fall short in the playoffs when they run into teams that simply outphysical them. They need to move away from being a pure finesse team and I'm not sure signing a guy with a neck condition that prevents him from ever tackling properly is going to help them get away from their fundamental softness. Reed works in Baltimore at this stage in his career because the team as a whole is excessively physical and can thus can compensate for a player of Reed's condition. In New England he would serve as more of an avatar for the defense's weaknesses.

After watching Anquan Boldin literally toss Patriot secondary players around like ragdolls for the decisive scores in the AFC Title game, I'm not really all that convinced that adding a player like Ed Reed gets New England that much closer to unlocking the weaknesses that prevent them from going all the way. I want Ed Reed back as a Raven next year if it's at all possible as I've already said, and I would certainly hate seeing him in a Pats uniform, but trying to look at it objectively, I'm not sure if it's the best fit.

Umm our defense doesn't have a "Physical" problem. We don't have a competent Safety next to Mcourty. We just need some one to be a field general back there.

Adopt A Patriot
Logan Ryan : CB
Tkls: Int: FF:
mfw096

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
He's gonna be a Pat.

Unfortunately I almost got sick reading this.
x0x

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs 5 INTs to get into 5th all time.
Hands of Iron

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
Needs 5 INTs to get into 5th all time.

There are a number of little things he's edging real close to. I'm a Cardinals fan, though Reed - and Lewis (GOAT MLB). And Suggs (ASU Sun Devil). And Boldin (Cardinal Great) - are amongst some of my favorite players ever. I would loathe seeing him in another uniform. There's something neat about playing for one organization especially in this day and age, and he's been such a critical part of their identity.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: