Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Revis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rudyZ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingnothing wrote:
If we trade Alex Smith or Carlos Rogers for Revis and a second round pick. Then, if Revis leaves after one season the 49ers would receive a 3rd round compensatory selection.

Great point. That would be the kind of awesome logic our FO is known to use.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
kingnothing wrote:
If we trade Alex Smith or Carlos Rogers for Revis and a second round pick. Then, if Revis leaves after one season the 49ers would receive a 3rd round compensatory selection.

I don't mind that either. we have a deep team. The question is, if we do get Revis who is the odd man out? It surely won't be Cully. Maybe Rogers? Maybe our winning ways can change Revis' mind about money and he stays for less?

Edit: http://www.opposingviews.com/i/sports/nfl/49ers/nfl-rumors-jets-considering-trading-darrelle-revis-49ers

Quote:
As for the Jets, they get to trade Revis to a team out of conference. Not only that, but following a Super Bowl appearance, the 49ers might be more willing to part with their draft picks. They had a hard enough time getting the players from this yearís draft into the games; canít imagine next yearís picks will fare much better. Maybe the 49ers could package A.J. Jenkins into the deal even. The Jets need help at receiver, as much as they need draft picks. The move would be great for both sides really.

Quote:
Rumour has it that Carlos Rogers could be cut during the off-season. The move wouldnít be all that surprising. The 49ers donít have an awful lot of cap space going into next year, and have some great young talent that might be able to step up. Assuming they donít acquire Revis following this hypothetical cut.

Although he is still a solid starting cornerback, there is no denying Rogers has lost a step this season. His interceptions and passes defended are both way down. As the season went on the 49ers gave up more yards through the air. Much of the blame lies with Rogers. He is the shutdown corner on this team after all. Heís also not getting any younger at 31. It might be best they pursue other options at starting corner with his cap hit set at 7.34 million for next season.

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem giving up a 1st round pick, let alone a 2nd round pick for Revis. This could be the difference from winning one Super Bowl, to three of them. However, I'd hate for him to come for a year, win a Super Bowl and go elsewhere like Deion Laughing .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
I have no problem giving up a 1st round pick, let alone a 2nd round pick for Revis. This could be the difference from winning one Super Bowl, to three of them. However, I'd hate for him to come for a year, win a Super Bowl and go elsewhere like Deion Laughing .

I feel that Deion left because some of the guys on the team felt that he got too much credit for their SB run/win. I still remember Jerry going off on a reporter for not mentioning guys like Hanks and Mcdonald as guys who helped win the SB. I don't know what our cap situation was either but that's just my opinion on it.
Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

95.7 the games just said that rumors of Alex plus a 2nd rounder.

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gridirongreat#9 wrote:

No complaints here. We could always package up some picks to move back to the second round if needed.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard those rumors of him leaving because of guys being upset at him getting too much credit. However, the biggest reason was the contract the Cowboys gave him. Every player on the team had high praise for Deion, and were surprised how quiet of a guy he was Laughing . Damn shame, but would have loved for him to stay in SF for the rest of his career. Haley and Sanders win Super Bowls with us, only to go to Dallas and win some with them Crying or Very sad . Hey, at least we took Ken Norton from them LOL.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gridirongreat#9 wrote:

I believe they just got that from Adam Schefter, who said no sources, but what HE feels could work since NYJ need a QB.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
I've heard those rumors of him leaving because of guys being upset at him getting too much credit. However, the biggest reason was the contract the Cowboys gave him. Every player on the team had high praise for Deion, and were surprised how quiet of a guy he was Laughing . Damn shame, but would have loved for him to stay in SF for the rest of his career. Haley and Sanders win Super Bowls with us, only to go to Dallas and win some with them Crying or Very sad . Hey, at least we took Ken Norton from them LOL.

lol. It must have been Fun to be a FA during those days. If you left Dallas, SF had their arms opened for you or vice versa.
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Money talks and for Sanders' case, he got the hardware already so can't blame him lol.
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingnothing wrote:

Yep, definitely worth consideration

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I hear within 5 years the fans at Jags games will be able to vote via Twitter on the in-game playcalls.
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
kingnothing wrote:

I don't mind that either. we have a deep team. The question is, if we do get Revis who is the odd man out? It surely won't be Cully. Maybe Rogers? Maybe our winning ways can change Revis' mind about money and he stays for less?

Edit: http://www.opposingviews.com/i/sports/nfl/49ers/nfl-rumors-jets-considering-trading-darrelle-revis-49ers

Quote:
As for the Jets, they get to trade Revis to a team out of conference. Not only that, but following a Super Bowl appearance, the 49ers might be more willing to part with their draft picks. They had a hard enough time getting the players from this yearís draft into the games; canít imagine next yearís picks will fare much better. Maybe the 49ers could package A.J. Jenkins into the deal even. The Jets need help at receiver, as much as they need draft picks. The move would be great for both sides really.

Quote:
Rumour has it that Carlos Rogers could be cut during the off-season. The move wouldnít be all that surprising. The 49ers donít have an awful lot of cap space going into next year, and have some great young talent that might be able to step up. Assuming they donít acquire Revis following this hypothetical cut.

Although he is still a solid starting cornerback, there is no denying Rogers has lost a step this season. His interceptions and passes defended are both way down. As the season went on the 49ers gave up more yards through the air. Much of the blame lies with Rogers. He is the shutdown corner on this team after all. Heís also not getting any younger at 31. It might be best they pursue other options at starting corner with his cap hit set at 7.34 million for next season.

getting a comp there is a great point. this would be dope

and maybe he likes it so much here and the taste of team success he extends for cheaper

i kinda want carlos to get cut or at least take a pay cut. but i feel that our team is so loyal we wont cut him. he didnt play terrible but def not worth that money imo

new sig... sorry alex
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
kingnothing wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

and maybe he likes it so much here and the taste of team success he extends for cheaper

i kinda want carlos to get cut or at least take a pay cut. but i feel that our team is so loyal we wont cut him. he didnt play terrible but def not worth that money imo

The decision to cut Rogers is probably more about how well Brown and Culliver have played than anything.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
Yahtzee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we really afford him? If so, I'd give up a first and a second assuming he's going to be in top form still.
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
kingnothing wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

The decision to cut Rogers is probably more about how well Brown and Culliver have played than anything.

Right, and I really like the potential that Perrish Cox presents. I would be pretty dang happy if we could somehow land Xavier Rhodes at our pick. I think he is the most talented CB in this draft and would make a beastly CB dou with Cully in a couple of years. I also like Banks out of Mississippi St., but if we need to replace Rogers Rhodes is my favorite option. Just for the record, I think Rogers has been playing so much better toward the end of the season and in the playoffs than he was early in the season. I don't know if he's worth 7 mil, but he has been valuable to this team and I don't think anyone can deny that.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: