Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sifting through the forgotten or developing Panthers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
catamount

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Sifting through the forgotten or developing Panthers Reply with quote

Hi-new to this forum, not Panther football. I like the intellect on this forum, so I thought I would present a topic. I Hope it is not a repeater.

We ofter talk about developmental guys, how we should take them in the last few rounds and bring them along. At some point in the first few years, the need to step up. What are opinions on the following players:

Nate Chandler -DT it would be nice if this guy stepped up.
David Gettis-WR Where have you gone, DG? This has to be your year.
Frank Kearse-DT NTs are hard to for me to gauge. If the take on the doublle team, then...
Sione Fua-DT Were we fair to him, expecting a 3/4 rounder to play well right off the bat? Most first rounders suck for a year or two.
James Dockery CB--He played a lot down the stretch, and I never yeled at him like I did Norman. Is he good?
Kealoha Pilares WR/KR--Is he good, or did we draft him to justify Marty's frequent trips to Hawaii?
Lamont Bryant WR (PS)-Tall kid with good hands and good speed. What is the story?
Nelson Rosario TE (PS)-The same size as bryant, but he plays TE. There is an opening or 2--can he play Hback?
Bruce Campbell OT--A specimen who cannot think? Is there hope for him?

I think we should know what we have before planning what we need. Is there anything in this pile that makes us alter draft plans?
TROJANPANTHER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Sifting through the forgotten or developing Panthers Reply with quote

Nate Chandler -Seemed decent when he was on the field.

David Gettis- O Gettis, where art thou? Unfortunately I think he's going to be a case of what could've been. Sucks, cause I thought he was poised to become one of my new favorite Panthers. Crying or Very sad

Frank Kearse-DT Once again, seemed solid when on the field.

Sione Fua-DT Dead weight, time to move on.

James Dockery CB--I didn't realize he was playing. So I guess that's a good thing. Confused

Kealoha Pilares WR/KR--He's a good kick returner, and I think he can be a solid slot guy as well. 4th or 5th option., but worth a roster spot.

Lamont Bryant WR (PS)- No idea.

Nelson Rosario TE (PS)- No idea. They reserved him so he must be doing something right.

Bruce Campbell OT--I think he should've gotten more time at the end of the year. Tons of potential.

Carolina Kitten - Sig God.

NFL - Panthers
College - USC, UNM
OneBadCat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Kearse, David Gettis, Joe Adams, Bruce Campbell are the keepers imo.

Gettis is skating on thin ice. He didn't get his chance this year and I think the FO is going to bring a WR in this offseason. Lafell is good but not good enough. Adams/Edwards/Pilares are all talent with no production. They gotta stop playing games and get the game breaker. I'd rather have Gettis than Murphy but WR is a big question mark right now.

Kearse is a pretty good DT and deserves a roster spot. Fua sucks and is Nick Hayden 2.0.
Zithers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Sifting through the forgotten or developing Panthers Reply with quote

Nate Chandler DT - I think he played DE more than DT. Didn't really make an impression.
David Gettis WR - He was the cool thing in 2010. Not so much lately. Gettleman and Rivera have essentially no ties to him. Wouldn't be surprised if he were gone.
Frank Kearse DT - Well, we cut him last year only to bring him back. Not sure if he'll ever be anything more than a deep rotational guy.
Sione Fua DT - He is truly awful.
James Dockery CB - I like him. He, Thomas, Norman, and Munny/Gamble will make a good CB corps.
Kealoha Pilares WR/KR - Like him too. He's shown playmaking ability in what little time he's given.
Lamont Bryant WR (PS) - His preseason catch was awesome. Besides that, really just a physical specimen as far as I can tell.
Nelson Rosario TE (PS) - Dunno. Never saw him play college ball.
Bruce Campbell OT - Probably sucks considering he never got any playing time despite all of the injuries.

Gettleman said in his presser that "building the bottom of your roster" is what its all about. I'd expect a lot of turnover and he says he doesn't play favorites or have sentimental value, which I think goes against what the staff does (bringing in every Charger cast-off, etc). I'm betting there's going to be a lot of turnover in the next year or two.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what Pilares is doing wrong that means he doesn't get on the field.

Every time he's played he's looked good.

Either there's something in practice that we don't see that means they don't have faith in him or the style of offense we play doesn't call for three WR sets very often since we have good receiving backs, two starting WRs, a TE, a fullack and Cam that we can use as weapons.

Gettis just needs to stay healthy long enough for our staff to get a good idea of what we have. Fua is a bust but I'd give him one last year in the rotation as a back-up before dumping him altogether.
catamount

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure Gettis was in shape after returning from the knee rehab...However, last year, just before injuring the knee, he was in RR's doghouse. He is tall and can fly. A body catcher at times, but not bad.

While I think we could use a WR in the draft, I am concerned that people on the roster and practice squad could make us better if they were coached up. This staff claimed to be teachers when we started because the roster is young. Yet Campbell is not playing (his knock was his aptitude for learning), Silatolu looked confused a lot, and Nakamura lets Roddy White get behind him with the game in pocket--the cardinal sin for a S. We seemed to be a stupid football team in many ways.

If you are eliminated during the Halloween week, play Adams. See what you have.

As for Fua, I watched hiis video clips when he was at Stanford and was not impressed. If you draft a raw kid, coach him up. He is a very good measure of how much teaching is going on.

For this reason, I am concerned about drafting raw or underdeveloped players.
Panthers11

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron Rivera needs to give Gettis and Pilares a chance, and cut the bum Armanti.
I like Rosario and see him as a potential #2 TE.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Punisher1380

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Sifting through the forgotten or developing Panthers Reply with quote

catamount wrote:
Hi-new to this forum, not Panther football. I like the intellect on this forum, so I thought I would present a topic. I Hope it is not a repeater.

We ofter talk about developmental guys, how we should take them in the last few rounds and bring them along. At some point in the first few years, the need to step up. What are opinions on the following players:

Nate Chandler -DT it would be nice if this guy stepped up.
David Gettis-WR Where have you gone, DG? This has to be your year.
Frank Kearse-DT NTs are hard to for me to gauge. If the take on the doublle team, then...
Sione Fua-DT Were we fair to him, expecting a 3/4 rounder to play well right off the bat? Most first rounders suck for a year or two.
James Dockery CB--He played a lot down the stretch, and I never yeled at him like I did Norman. Is he good?
Kealoha Pilares WR/KR--Is he good, or did we draft him to justify Marty's frequent trips to Hawaii?
Lamont Bryant WR (PS)-Tall kid with good hands and good speed. What is the story?
Nelson Rosario TE (PS)-The same size as bryant, but he plays TE. There is an opening or 2--can he play Hback?
Bruce Campbell OT--A specimen who cannot think? Is there hope for him?

I think we should know what we have before planning what we need. Is there anything in this pile that makes us alter draft plans?

Nate Chandler - Good rotational guy. Wouldnt let go!
David Gettis - Hes got 1 more year to show something...
Frank Kearse - Keeper... Cheap rotational player!
Sione Fua - Dead
James Dockery - Dead
Kealoha Pilares - Good but not worth a roster spot
Lamont Bryant - Dead
Nelson Rosario - Gone
Bruce Campbell - Plenty of potential! Gotta keep him. We severly need OL depth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: