Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Harbaugh starting Kaepernick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
49ers GM Trent Baalke indicated that coach Jim Harbaugh was the driving force behind San Francisco's decision to trade up to draft Colin Kaepernick in 2011.
Kaepernick was widely viewed as a boom-or-bust project coming out of Nevada's Pistol Spread. Harbaugh accurately isolated him from the offense and pinpointed his "rare" traits, per Baalke. "A lot of credit goes to Coach on this as far as the evaluation process," Baalke explained. "He saw a lot of things in Colin that are starting to come out and was always a big supporter once he saw the film." Having manipulated former No. 1 overall bust Alex Smith into an efficient passer and morphed Kaepernick into one of the NFL's most explosive playmakers, Harbaugh has emerged as the NFL's premier quarterbacks guru.

roto

good thing he let jim do jim. hes a qb genie
the last time balke let the hc influence we ended up with mays.
good thing we have a REAL hc now

new sig... sorry alex
big9erfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mays stats for the last two years - 21 total tackles, 0 interceptions and 1 pass defended! I've always thought he'd be better adding some beef and moving to LB.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ninersnation.com/2011/5/5/2154785/colin-kaepernicks-throwing-motion-a-look-at-the-scouting-reports

A year old article on Colin not sure if it has ever been posted
Quote:

A while back I mentioned a scouting report on Kaepernick I received from Dave-Te Thomas, the officialy biographer of the NFL and head of Scouting Services, Inc. Thomas is the guy who felt Kaepernick could be a taller version of Aaron Rodgers, and is thus very high on him. Given Harbaugh's comments and Sando's article, here is the complete portion of Thomas' Kaepernick scouting report as it relates to his throwing motion and release.

SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you do a google search for any athlete usually google's first guess is [insert player's name here] girlfriend.

Except for Kaepernick.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought this was an interesting read:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/28/jim-harbaugh-alex-smith-coaches-colin-kaepernick-more-than-i-do/
Quote:

“He’s prepared and been involved in the game planning, in preparations, he’s prepared himself as the starter each week,” Harbaugh said of Smith. “That’s what he’s done, that’s what we expect of him and that’s what he has delivered. Another person really to credit in Colin’s success because Alex has really helped coach Colin and has been right there by his side. Sitting there in meetings every single day. He coaches Colin now more than I do, and that speaks high of the kind of person and teammate that Alex Smith is.”

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
Thought this was an interesting read:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/28/jim-harbaugh-alex-smith-coaches-colin-kaepernick-more-than-i-do/
Quote:

“He’s prepared and been involved in the game planning, in preparations, he’s prepared himself as the starter each week,” Harbaugh said of Smith. “That’s what he’s done, that’s what we expect of him and that’s what he has delivered. Another person really to credit in Colin’s success because Alex has really helped coach Colin and has been right there by his side. Sitting there in meetings every single day. He coaches Colin now more than I do, and that speaks high of the kind of person and teammate that Alex Smith is.”

keep driving that trade value up, Jim!

kiltman on the sig
sbrown

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What everythingsf said was extraordinary. For someone who was soo committed on one side of countless alex smith debates to have this type of insight is a refreshing view of someone who looks at the better option for the team and can see the greater good. I can do nothing but respect your recent posts man!!

Rudy i think what you have post recently is what many who seemed to hate alex were saying. Is that although him being efficient he had limitations that was holding us back in some regard.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this video has been posted, but I found it really worth watching. It just pumps you up for this Sunday! I hope he has a performance of a life time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVPDfh8kpRk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Numbers Never Lie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLUxNTGW8Hk
TidesHaveTurned

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXFlyteXx wrote:
As long as he doesn't end up in Arizona where i fear he can come back and bite us in the a$$. They have a ton of talent just waiting to be utilized and a WR that can make Alex look great, A run game waiting to be effective having a QB who doesn't shoot you in the foot helps there. The Defense is very strong and keeps getting younger and better. Alex in Arizona makes a ton of sense and i hope it never happens.

Alex Smith vs the 49er defense twice a year? Where do I sign up?
neezy007

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TidesHaveTurned wrote:
xXFlyteXx wrote:
As long as he doesn't end up in Arizona where i fear he can come back and bite us in the a$$. They have a ton of talent just waiting to be utilized and a WR that can make Alex look great, A run game waiting to be effective having a QB who doesn't shoot you in the foot helps there. The Defense is very strong and keeps getting younger and better. Alex in Arizona makes a ton of sense and i hope it never happens.

Alex Smith vs the 49er defense twice a year? Where do I sign up?

Aldon would probably get 10 sacks in each game.
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
49ers GM Trent Baalke indicated that coach Jim Harbaugh was the driving force behind San Francisco's decision to trade up to draft Colin Kaepernick in 2011.
Kaepernick was widely viewed as a boom-or-bust project coming out of Nevada's Pistol Spread. Harbaugh accurately isolated him from the offense and pinpointed his "rare" traits, per Baalke. "A lot of credit goes to Coach on this as far as the evaluation process," Baalke explained. "He saw a lot of things in Colin that are starting to come out and was always a big supporter once he saw the film." Having manipulated former No. 1 overall bust Alex Smith into an efficient passer and morphed Kaepernick into one of the NFL's most explosive playmakers, Harbaugh has emerged as the NFL's premier quarterbacks guru.

roto

Jim has always been fantastic at evaluating QBs.

With the Raiders he gave higher round grades to Tony Romo and David Garrard. He gave 6th round grades to David Carr and Joey Harrington.

At Stanford he recruited both Andrew Luck and RG3 envisioning a 2 QB system.

Now what he did for Smith and his getting and grooming Kaepernick.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
rudyZ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:

roto

Jim has always been fantastic at evaluating QBs.

With the Raiders he gave higher round grades to Tony Romo and David Garrard. He gave 6th round grades to David Carr and Joey Harrington.

At Stanford he recruited both Andrew Luck and RG3 envisioning a 2 QB system.

Now what he did for Smith and his getting and grooming Kaepernick.

On the other hand, at Stanford he also recruited Blaine Gabbert.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RickyG wrote:
The Numbers Never Lie

they lied when we played the giants (i think it was) lol

surprised by the stat that rbs dont get touched until 5.9 past los.
watching games, really doesnt seem like that. maybe a few are pushing the avg up?

new sig... sorry alex
RickyG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
RickyG wrote:
The Numbers Never Lie

they lied when we played the giants (i think it was) lol

surprised by the stat that rbs dont get touched until 5.9 past los.
watching games, really doesnt seem like that. maybe a few are pushing the avg up?

They said Rushers, so including when CK7 keeps the ball.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 43 of 44

Jump to: