Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Riddler's 2013 Patriots mock draft - Version 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
Personally I don't think any of the safeties in this draft are going to be the best option at #29. None of them are really high end prospects (except Vaccaro, but he needs development and this team needs someone now). There's little separation between the top 5 or 6 guys in my mind, and there's still 10 or 12 guys behind that who are viable NFL options. I really think we should look to free agency to get a vet safety at a discount (Ed Reed or Charles Woodson) and draft one of the deeper options.

Starting to agree - this Safety class in ridiculously deep on guys who you''d be happy to take in the 2nd or 3rd any other year. Plenty of bargains to be had later.
Riddler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
Personally I don't think any of the safeties in this draft are going to be the best option at #29. None of them are really high end prospects (except Vaccaro, but he needs development and this team needs someone now). There's little separation between the top 5 or 6 guys in my mind, and there's still 10 or 12 guys behind that who are viable NFL options. I really think we should look to free agency to get a vet safety at a discount (Ed Reed or Charles Woodson) and draft one of the deeper options.

I agree. I am hoping for one of those safeties you listed to play 1-2 years next to McCourty. Maybe next year we grab a safety if Wilson still hasn't emerge.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: