Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A 49ers fan apologizes to Matt Ryan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vanilla_Ice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: A 49ers fan apologizes to Matt Ryan Reply with quote

Not sure if you guys saw this, but just wondering on some thoughts. Do you guys feel the same way, especially with how well Smith played under Harbaugh?

http://voices.yahoo.com/my-apology-matt-ryan-alex-smith-made-me-it-11985373.html
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's difficult because we don't have the counter view of seeing how Matt Ryan would do without the circumstances he does have, but I can see certain similarities between the two for sure.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 21st All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #20, Warrick Dunn: 39
*Yards needed to enter Top 15: 767
Vanilla_Ice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
It's difficult because we don't have the counter view of seeing how Matt Ryan would do without the circumstances he does have, but I can see certain similarities between the two for sure.

I agree. i was telling a Falcons fan that the birthdays, height, and weight are all weirdly similar. It would be interesting to see how different the two would have been had Ryan not had great circumstances and Smith had.

I think about Eli like that too. I think he's a great player but he's also had some good circumstances and coming to NY rather than SD has obviously benefited him. I mean look at Phillip Rivers. For years he was considered an elite QB, as soon as gates became a major liability, Sproles left, and jackson sat out/left he's been terrible. Just goes to show you a Qb needs good players around him just like any other position.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanilla_Ice wrote:
Just goes to show you a Qb needs good players around him just like any other position.

Yes, but over the past several years, that would only pass as an "excuse"... or more typically stated... an "Alexcuse." Good quarterbacks were expected to overcome poor coaching, OC carousels, poor players around him, and even make great throws with a separated throwing shoulder. d'oh!

Enjoyed the article... all water under the bridge now, really.

Kaepernick's looking great, and Alex will get his chances elsewhere. Even if he has dealt with the worst of the worst prior to Harbaugh... at least he was well compensated for his troubles.. and now the Niners can still enjoy success for years to come. Time to turn the page...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Ryan's rookie year blows Alex Smith's sophomore campaign out of the water. That should tell you enough on the subject.
Vanilla_Ice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Vanilla_Ice wrote:
Just goes to show you a Qb needs good players around him just like any other position.

Yes, but over the past several years, that would only pass as an "excuse"... or more typically stated... an "Alexcuse." Good quarterbacks were expected to overcome poor coaching, OC carousels, poor players around him, and even make great throws with a separated throwing shoulder. d'oh!

Enjoyed the article... all water under the bridge now, really.

Kaepernick's looking great, and Alex will get his chances elsewhere. Even if he has dealt with the worst of the worst prior to Harbaugh... at least he was well compensated for his troubles.. and now the Niners can still enjoy success for years to come. Time to turn the page...

Agreed. Atleast Smith had some success and seemed to repair his image with 49ers fans (some will never be happy until you win 4 superbowls I think, which is why I'm glad Eli now has 2 so people will shut up about Simms). Kaep is scary good. You guys wanna trade him and Harbaugh for David Carr and Osi? Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: