Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jairus Byrd Franchise Tag?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Franchise Tag Jairus Byrd?
Yes
87%
 87%  [ 7 ]
No
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

Conquest8089

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Jairus Byrd Franchise Tag? Reply with quote

Jairus Byrd is 26 Years Old and one of the top young safeties in the league. With so many teams not getting quality play at the position.

Franchising Byrd obviously allows Levitre to test UFA, which the team has begun preparing for by resigning Urbik.

Franchise Tag?

And what should be the long term contract offer?

Thoughts?
EccentricFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Levitre isn't a realistic option for the franchise tag anyway. He'd get paid at OT franchise tag levels since they don't separate out the guards. Getting the franchise tag would put him at $9.66 million and make him the highest paid guard in the league next year.

For reference, the current top 4 four 2013.

1. David Joseph - 9.5 million.
2. Carl Nicks - 6.5 million.
3. Chris Snee - 5.2 million.
4. Chris Kuper - 3.5 million.

Levitre is great, but he's simply not worth $9.66 million. So yeah, if you can't make a long term deal with Byrd, franchise him. We don't have any other good options.
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with you Eccentric Fan on Levitre to an extent. Carl Nicks signed a 5 Year 47.5 Million dollar deal. In terms of AAV, that's close to the FT figure. If Byrd were not a FA - Safety figure is quite affordable- making Levitre the highest paid Guard on a 1 Year Deal would be logical.
EccentricFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
Agree with you Eccentric Fan on Levitre to an extent. Carl Nicks signed a 5 Year 47.5 Million dollar deal. In terms of AAV, that's close to the FT figure. If Byrd were not a FA - Safety figure is quite affordable- making Levitre the highest paid Guard on a 1 Year Deal would be logical.

Yeah, the chart I was looking at was only showing base salary for some stupid reason, so it's not nearly as bad as I first thought. And if the franchise tag were the same cost, I'd probably use it on Levitre before Byrd, but I still think it's a bit much for a guard.

Besides, I'm pretty sure Nix already said he wouldn't consider using it on Levitre or something to that effect.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would franchise him in a heart beat. But I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. As for Levitre, I would love to keep him but i am like 98% sure he won't be back. Which adds G to our list of needs.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
I would franchise him in a heart beat. But I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. As for Levitre, I would love to keep him but i am like 98% sure he won't be back. Which adds G to our list of needs.

Only plus to that, is that Guard is very deep this year.

Nobody can replace Levitre but we can at least get someone who can prove to hopefully be a good player.

I do hope we can work something out though, he's IMO the best run blocking Guard in the league.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an outsider looking in I would tag him in a heartbeat. He's a great young player. Hopefully the two sides can work something out that's mutually beneficial.

As a Lions fan he is the most coveted potential free agent out there.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
ianlewis16

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. We shall be franchising him.

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: