Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Prospect Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DuvalsKing


Joined: 15 Nov 2011
Posts: 213
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
I'd love to draft Marcus Lattimore. He'll probably be available later on and would be worth the risk.


I would be worried about him even without the injury though, he has alot of wear on those tires


I remember people saying the samething about Ray Rice in college because of the carries and this guy named Frank Gore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 2844
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
I'd love to draft Marcus Lattimore. He'll probably be available later on and would be worth the risk.


I would be worried about him even without the injury though, he has alot of wear on those tires


I remember people saying the samething about Ray Rice in college because of the carries and this guy named Frank Gore.


Lattimore is terrifying though with his knees at the position he plays. Elsewhere, maybe it's not quite as big an issue...but the guy seems to get his knees blown up a lot. And as a RB...those hits he takes aren't going to get any more gentle as a Pro. There's just something not right there with his knees.

But hey, depending on exactly how much 'later' he goes...there's definitely a point at which the risk is probably worth it. But i'd bet some other team gambles on him before i think it's 'worth it', personally.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DuvalsKing


Joined: 15 Nov 2011
Posts: 213
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
DuvalsKing wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
I'd love to draft Marcus Lattimore. He'll probably be available later on and would be worth the risk.


I would be worried about him even without the injury though, he has alot of wear on those tires


I remember people saying the samething about Ray Rice in college because of the carries and this guy named Frank Gore.


Lattimore is terrifying though with his knees at the position he plays. Elsewhere, maybe it's not quite as big an issue...but the guy seems to get his knees blown up a lot. And as a RB...those hits he takes aren't going to get any more gentle as a Pro. There's just something not right there with his knees.

But hey, depending on exactly how much 'later' he goes...there's definitely a point at which the risk is probably worth it. But i'd bet some other team gambles on him before i think it's 'worth it', personally.


If i'm not mistaken Frank Gore blew both of his ACLs out in college he's been productive i'm not saying pick him with your first 2 picks by any means. But if teams shy away from him and he is there in the 3rd I have no problem with this team taking a flyer on him. You get him here bring him along slow get him in your strength and conditioning program bring him along slow til the second half of the season gradually increase his carry load and check his progression from there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FREDDY T


Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 5338
Location: NY
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
DuvalsKing wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
I'd love to draft Marcus Lattimore. He'll probably be available later on and would be worth the risk.


I would be worried about him even without the injury though, he has alot of wear on those tires


I remember people saying the samething about Ray Rice in college because of the carries and this guy named Frank Gore.


Lattimore is terrifying though with his knees at the position he plays. Elsewhere, maybe it's not quite as big an issue...but the guy seems to get his knees blown up a lot. And as a RB...those hits he takes aren't going to get any more gentle as a Pro. There's just something not right there with his knees.

But hey, depending on exactly how much 'later' he goes...there's definitely a point at which the risk is probably worth it. But i'd bet some other team gambles on him before i think it's 'worth it', personally.


If i'm not mistaken Frank Gore blew both of his ACLs out in college he's been productive i'm not saying pick him with your first 2 picks by any means. But if teams shy away from him and he is there in the 3rd I have no problem with this team taking a flyer on him. You get him here bring him along slow get him in your strength and conditioning program bring him along slow til the second half of the season gradually increase his carry load and check his progression from there.


third is too high for me, 5th earliest.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. V


Joined: 07 Sep 2011
Posts: 2697
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a late 2nd grade on Lattimore pre-injury. Not sure about post injury since there isn't a lot of info out there currently. This RB class is really good depth wise. My favorite prospect is Ray Graham. He played for Pitt.
_________________

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 21109
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. V wrote:
I have a late 2nd grade on Lattimore pre-injury. Not sure about post injury since there isn't a lot of info out there currently. This RB class is really good depth wise. My favorite prospect is Ray Graham. He played for Pitt.

Graham could be a good late round guy. Not my favorite prospect, but one of my favorite late round prospects.
_________________

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 80419
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because a few guys have played well with that kind of injury in college, doesnt mean its safe to draft him, the odds are stacked against him exponentially, PLUS he has a ton of carries already
_________________


Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo


Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20264
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Pauline thinks we may draft Matt Scott based on the connection with QB Coach Frank Scelfo. Tony Pauline is the one who first put the Tyson Alualu to Jacksonville stuff out there.

Scelfo worked with Scott recently even though Scelfo was not at Arizona last year.

Like I've said, I wouldn't mind taking him late. A 6th/7th on Scott wouldn't be bad.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FREDDY T


Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 5338
Location: NY
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Tony Pauline thinks we may draft Matt Scott based on the connection with QB Coach Frank Scelfo. Tony Pauline is the one who first put the Tyson Alualu to Jacksonville stuff out there.

Scelfo worked with Scott recently even though Scelfo was not at Arizona last year.

Like I've said, I wouldn't mind taking him late. A 6th/7th on Scott wouldn't be bad.


scott is a good player. I would be very happy with that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20264
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just reviewed Matt Scott vs USC (2012)

- Seems to alternate between 1) just rifling it on his backfoot & 2) slouching back & semi-shoulder-throwing it

- One of the most caddiewhompous throwing motions I've seen. Seems like with some work, he could have better arm talent than expected.

- What I'm seeing is a mess in mechanics and a lot of one-read/garbage screens that warrant his late-round status.

- Enough arm talent though to also warrant a selection late and a spot on the roster or PS for at least a year or two.

- Looks almost like a smaller-framed less-talented version of Jake Locker (as a prospect)

- A lot of one-read crap but when it's not there he doesn't panic. Keeps eyes downfield. Low delivery point. lots of batted passes.

- Dan Buckner may also be worth a late round selection. Excited for Austin Hill if he is available in 2014.

- I'll retain my 6th round grade on Matt Scott, but I'm more inclined to see him as the selection in that area than before as a project.

Worthy to note:

When I do reviews like this, I try to go through it and gather thoughts while trying to pretend like it is the first time I am seeing the prospects. Helps with the objectivity. At the end, I combine those thoughts with prior thoughts for my ending thought.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 80419
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts on Alex Oxafor?
_________________


Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo


Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20264
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm high on Alex Okafor but we won't get him without trading up.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 80419
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
I'm high on Alex Okafor but we won't get him without trading up.


How would he fit as a LEO? Or would he just be a strong 3-4 OLB for us?
_________________


Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo


Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20264
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
I'm high on Alex Okafor but we won't get him without trading up.


How would he fit as a LEO? Or would he just be a strong 3-4 OLB for us?


We're not running a 3-4. I don't think he fits overly well as a LEO, but he's a good DE prospect.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 80419
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
I'm high on Alex Okafor but we won't get him without trading up.


How would he fit as a LEO? Or would he just be a strong 3-4 OLB for us?


We're not running a 3-4. I don't think he fits overly well as a LEO, but he's a good DE prospect.


I thought there was a strong possibility of the switch...?
_________________


Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo


Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 27 of 61

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group