Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Horton tells AZ radio staion Browns will be strictly a 3-4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3-4, 4-4, 5-2, 4-3.

He doesn't care. He wants big guys who can run and small guys who can hit.

Boom.

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Entropy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
Wow, you are just throwing out numbers and stats that have no actual tangible meaning whatsoever.
You are literally taking NOTHING into account that actually matters.

I dont care if they throw 1,000 times on us. If they are comfortable doing it, they will be successful even if you have 5 hall of fame corners.

If you make them uncomfortable, maybe get some sacks, make the QB throw from a spot in the pocket he would prefer not to, hit him a lot, tip some passes, and just in general get pressure to mess up the timing...........THAT is more important than a good secondary.

And last I checked, the #2 WR on a team doesn't get 600 targets.

What you are talking about in the bold is more often a result of team defense than the work of an individual pass rusher.

Sacks that are produced by individual effort are rare, same with hurries, and hits.

PDs are almost always the result of individual effort.

I just showed you that QBs typically have more than 3 seconds to throw and require less than 3 seconds to do so. You dismissed it as something that doesn't matter...I assume because it shows your premise to be incorrect.

Listen carefully and objectively and please address this point, because it speaks to the heart of the matter:

Reducing a QBs rating (or efficiency) is crucial to the success of a defense, and to do so you must decrease TDs and completions and maximize INTs.

Pass rush AND coverage both play the major roles.

Pass rush fails to prevent a pass on the vast majority of passing plays, therefore the ball is in the air the vast majority of the time.

Once the ball is in the air, who is more crucial to the defensive success of the play, the pass rusher or the #2 CB?

Who is more likely to give up a TD pass, the pass rusher or the #2 CB?

Who is more likely to get an INT?

Who is more likely to get a PD?

Who is more likely to give up a DPI call?

Who is more likely to give up a holding penalty?

Who is likely to make more tackles on the guy with the ball?

Who is more likely to give up a big play?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy, I am glad that at least YOU think are you are arguing tangible things.
Sorry, I can't respond unless we are gonna use some common sense.

"when the ball is in the air"....are you kidding me??? You just completely dismissed how a good front 7 can disrupt SO MANY THINGS that occur that change how, when, and where that ball actually does go when it's in the air.

It's almost like you have NEVER seen a QB make a bad decision and throw a terrible INT due to pressure.

Also, we never discussed a CB-2 and a pass rusher. I said front-7 vs. secondary. There is a difference, and you constantly making it a pass rusher vs a CB-2 argument is NOT something I ever talked about. I also thing there are TONS of front 7 guys who arent pass rushers that have a huge impact on the game. Is Patrick Willis a pass rusher?? Is Ngata a pass rusher??

Also, a few times now you have dismissed the minimal impact a CB-2 has one 3rd and short and 4th and short. If you can't stop the run, you can't win consistently (unless you have a stud future HOF quarterback).

It's pretty simple. A good front 7 is more important than a good secondary, even if the offense throws is 100% of the time

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
Entropy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
Entropy, I am glad that at least YOU think are you are arguing tangible things.
Sorry, I can't respond unless we are gonna use some common sense.

"when the ball is in the air"....are you kidding me??? You just completely dismissed how a good front 7 can disrupt SO MANY THINGS that occur that change how, when, and where that ball actually does go when it's in the air.

It's almost like you have NEVER seen a QB make a bad decision and throw a terrible INT due to pressure.

Also, we never discussed a CB-2 and a pass rusher. I said front-7 vs. secondary. There is a difference, and you constantly making it a pass rusher vs a CB-2 argument is NOT something I ever talked about. I also thing there are TONS of front 7 guys who arent pass rushers that have a huge impact on the game. Is Patrick Willis a pass rusher?? Is Ngata a pass rusher??

Also, a few times now you have dismissed the minimal impact a CB-2 has one 3rd and short and 4th and short. If you can't stop the run, you can't win consistently (unless you have a stud future HOF quarterback).

It's pretty simple. A good front 7 is more important than a good secondary, even if the offense throws is 100% of the time

I think what happened, duke, is that somewhere in your responses to my posts, you became more caught up in insulting my opinion than actually reading it.

I have been talking about a how a single pass rusher is equally important to the success of a defense as a #2 CB. It's pretty obvious, if you actually read my comments.

It's pretty simple, you were mistaken.

But yeah, 7 players have more impact on a game than one, or four...such insight...bravo!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: