Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2013- BENGALS WAR ROOM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparky151

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
Rams interested in Anthony Collins and Taylor Mays

I was thinking a 3rd round for Collins and a 7th for Mays

On the one hand they are backups and we used a 4th to draft Collins and a 7th to trade for Mays so we're getting back our investment. On the other hand, they are useful backup players at positions where we have free agents (Smith, Roland, Crocker, Clements, and Miles). Maybe we should wait til we've re-signed some of the other guys before trading our depth away. If the Rams pull their offer, so be it. Collins is probably good enough to start in St Louis. He's not expensive so they'd probably still be interested up til the draft.
ark23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we deal Collins for a third rounder then I think we need to keep Roland (yes he's struggled but we need some depth) and also draft/sign at least one swing tackle this offseason. But for a third rounder, yes I'd do that deal.

Mays for a seventh as well I'd definitely deal him.
sparky151

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ark23 wrote:
If we deal Collins for a third rounder then I think we need to keep Roland (yes he's struggled but we need some depth) and also draft/sign at least one swing tackle this offseason. But for a third rounder, yes I'd do that deal.

Mays for a seventh as well I'd definitely deal him.

Collins is a much better player than Roland. DR gets more snaps because they use him as an extra TE in the jumbo package but we need Collins more as cover in case Andre leaves or Whitworth gets hurt. Neither Roland nor Smith can play LT in the NFL so unless Boling becomes the backup we need to keep Collins. We also are fairly well stocked with draft picks so I don't see the need to acquire extra picks. Basically with a lot of cap space and a good draft pick assortment, we should be looking to acquire talent rather than let it go.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the GM, AGM and/or capologist:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=512150&highlight=

This thread will be used to post announcements to the general manager regarding game rules, schedule changes and procedural requests. It should be saved in your GM's post history but anyone else who wishes to follow updates should check there.

This will only be for mechanics, not signings or in-mock news
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncos interested in Moch, want to know our price, I was thinking a 5th

Lions want to know if a T Mays for T Young swap interest us. I'd say no to that

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:

I would be ok with Moch moving on.

Hell no to the trade. I would rather have a guy who tries but isnt good than a guy who doesnt want to play.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

I would be ok with Moch moving on.

Hell no to the trade. I would rather have a guy who tries but isnt good than a guy who doesnt want to play.

What would our price on Moch be?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:

We used a 3rd on Moch, so I would say at least a 4th...
sparky151

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also say no thanks to Titus Young. We should be looking for an upgrade at WR but doubt Young is it. Even with a better attitude, I'm not sure he's better than Sanu or Jones or Hawkins which would make him WR5. Depending on who's available and how free agency has gone, we could consider WRs in the first or second round.

Regarding Moch, we should wait til we've signed some players. Whether you consider him a DE or SLB we're thin at both positions until we add new players. Moch is a great specimen but I'd be willing to take a pick for him if another team thinks they can bring out his best. He was a 3rd rounder for us who has been a disapointment so a 4th round pick sounds about right for the Broncos. We'll probably take a LB in the first 3 rounds anyway, depending on how free agency goes, so we wouldn't necessarily be replacing him with the pick we get in trade. I actually wouldn't mind if we got a higher round pick in 2014 rather than adding another pick in 2013. If the other team insists on only using 2013 picks, then we should be thinking in terms of trading up at some point.
ark23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd keep Moch. We spent a third on him and while he hasn't shown anything I think he has potential. Our valuation should be a fourth in my opinion, which is certainly high for someone who has proven little, but why give him up when we are so thin at LB?

Maybe I'm crazy, and I KNOW Young has all kinds of character issues and has said stuff that makes me despise him...but he's a talented player. He's 23 years old, and has good speed - can stretch the defense as a vertical threat. His cap hit is $1,007,500 and maybe a change of scenery does him good? I'd prefer Young to Ryan Whalen or Lavasier Tunei. And if he doesn't pan out we can cut him without having to worrying about too much $ down the drain.

I'd do that deal, but I may be entirely crazy. I just think part of what has allowed this franchise to make the playoffs is taking chances on talented guys who haven't panned out/have character issues. I'm not always a fan of it, but in this case I'd say do it....
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see things both ways. I mean I'm sure Detroit is gonna cut him anyway, and I don't think we are gonna cut Mays.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we parted with Gresham for an early 2nd would you guys be into that? As talented as he is at time, he totally disappears, i want a more consistent player at TE, I think Charles can be a good weapon and we can add a more consistent player in FA or the draft

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
if we parted with Gresham for an early 2nd would you guys be into that? As talented as he is at time, he totally disappears, i want a more consistent player at TE, I think Charles can be a good weapon and we can add a more consistent player in FA or the draft

I wouldn't. Assuming you had to replace him, who are you taking to do that?
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

I wouldn't. Assuming you had to replace him, who are you taking to do that?

I would be ok with it. I would take either of the top TE's over Gresham that are coming out this year.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
ark23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:

In this draft class the only TE I'd take over him is Zach Ertz, and Ertz is a late round one guy. Tyler Eifert and Gavin Escobar are second round caliber guys, but I'd take Gresham over them.

So basically to get fair value for Gresham I'd say early second+mid round pick or early second+quality player. Or a late first.

We would likely need to add two TE's in free agency/draft considering having just one in Charles, who is unproven would not be enough. So adding a blocking TE (Michael Williams out of Bama in the mid rounds) and another weapon would make sense.

However I do think that Gresham is a bit expendable if we are comfortable with Orson Charles and we can add weapons in free agency/draft. We don't use many two TE sets. Orson played only 28% of our offensive snaps. Having two quality TE's is a luxury in this offense that isn't a necessity. But I don't think Orson is a quality blocker (below average) and we would need to add at least one blocking TE and one vet/or rookie who too can be a weapon in the pass game.

I'm not entirely opposed to the deal but we can get more value out of it I think personally.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 6 of 73

Jump to: