Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

QB idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muttz1983

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: QB idea Reply with quote

The more I look at these QB's in the draft the more I do not want to pick one number one overall and have it be a miss. That would set us back a long time. What if we took Joekle (sp.) number one, went BPA in the second (probably a corner/safety; Amerson, Poyer, Elam), then take a QB to take a risk on in the third (Bray, Dysert).

Have an open competition at QB in training camp and best QB wins out, ala Seattle technique.

Other QB's in the competition would Ricky Stanzi who I can see as the lone QB coming back and a free agent pick up.

The pick up being Chase Daniel. He has spent the last several years backing up arguably the best QB in the league, Drew Brees. He has said he feels ready to be a starter, came from Missouri, and I feel has the athletic ability and knowledge to do well in a West Coast offense since Sean Payton runs a form of the West Coast offense in his Gulf Coast offense. Daniel's arm is just better suited for a true West Coast offense like Reid runs.

Thoughts?
derekfelty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring back Vince Young. Coach said, he could make a QB look good. Vince Young is really good. Just needs the right people to help lead him into the right path.

Last edited by derekfelty on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have no faith in a competition between Stanzi, Daniel and Bray.

That I daresay would be the least experienced group of QB's to start a season.

QB or bust for me.
Bobikus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: QB idea Reply with quote

muttz1983 wrote:
That would set us back a long time.

Not really unless the Coaches/GM handcuff themselves to a struggling QB for too long and don't being in any one else as competition. The current rookie wage scale isn't the cap eater it used to be.

Taking a risk on a 3rd round QB because you're afraid to do so on a higher pick is a loser's gamble.

A competition between the likely third rounder (Scott, Bray, Manuel) who likely couldn't stick out as at top 5 QB in a weak class, someone who couldn't beat out Brady Quinn last preseason for Cassel's backup, and a UDFA who has so far attempted 9 passes in his career. This would likely set you back far worse than risking a 1st round pick on a QB.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe chase daniel will be as prepared to start more than any other vet who is back up. He has watched enough film and disected tape with a future hall of famer. I like troy smith too, I think he is ready to start as well. Seneca Wallace is a good mobile qb who can run a west coast system. Those are my top three fa qb id take over quinn & cassel. As far as the draft goes, if geno shines in his workouts than im all for taking him. I trust reids decision on evaluating a qb, but I truly believe ej manuel will be this years russell wilson, only that ej is taller which is the reason r. Wilson fell to the 4th round. Ej will get taken in the 2nd round if he continues to improve in his workouts.
kcstomp63

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should start scouting all the super markets in the Midwest is hopes of finding the next Kurt Warner!

Thanks to LOTO for the sig
muttz1983

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the top ten QB's

Geno Smith - Aaron Brooks
Tyler Wilson - Kyle Boller
Zac Dysert - Chad Henne
Matt Barkley - Jimmy Claussen
Mike Glennon - Joe Flacco
Ryan Nassib - Andy Dalton
EJ Manuel - Vince Young
Tyler Bray - Ryan Mallett
Landry Jones - Tony Romo
Matt Scott - Josh Johnson

Now I am probably very wrong on these comparisons, but these are some names I have seen attached to these players. Sorry for not jumping out of my seat with excitement. Early on I was pumped about the idea of a #1 overall QB. The last year that happened was the year I was born, but not if these are names people compare them too and I don't think some of them are far off.

Get a free agent Qb, Pro Football Focus has Chase Daniel as one of the more highly rated at the position and I put some stock in what they say. Saints fans feel he would come back to be a back up for a little over $1 million, so offer him $4 million for 2 years and say show us what you can do as a starter.

Get a QB to try and develop in the 3rd. I like Bray because I feel with some coaching he might have something.

If these QB fail, so be it. With good coaching we will have improvement regardless. Get one of the better QB's in next years draft. Any 1st round QB will be better than Smith or Wilson. What a year to pick #1.
Bobikus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

muttz1983 wrote:
Any 1st round QB will be better than Smith or Wilson.

This time last year people still thought Barkley was going to be a clear #1 overall caliber selection and that the 2013 QB class was deep. Who knows how 2014's QBs will look under the scrutiny of the scouting they receive in draft eligible years, let alone if any of them get injured. Also if KC makes immediate improvements, they may not enter the 2014 draft in position to get even a top 3 QB.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

muttz1983 wrote:
Probably the top ten QB's

Geno Smith - Aaron Brooks
Tyler Wilson - Kyle Boller
Zac Dysert - Chad Henne
Matt Barkley - Jimmy Claussen
Mike Glennon - Joe Flacco
Ryan Nassib - Andy Dalton
EJ Manuel - Vince Young
Tyler Bray - Ryan Mallett
Landry Jones - Tony Romo
Matt Scott - Josh Johnson

Now I am probably very wrong on these comparisons, but these are some names I have seen attached to these players. Sorry for not jumping out of my seat with excitement. Early on I was pumped about the idea of a #1 overall QB. The last year that happened was the year I was born, but not if these are names people compare them too and I don't think some of them are far off.

Get a free agent Qb, Pro Football Focus has Chase Daniel as one of the more highly rated at the position and I put some stock in what they say. Saints fans feel he would come back to be a back up for a little over $1 million, so offer him $4 million for 2 years and say show us what you can do as a starter.

Get a QB to try and develop in the 3rd. I like Bray because I feel with some coaching he might have something.

If these QB fail, so be it. With good coaching we will have improvement regardless. Get one of the better QB's in next years draft. Any 1st round QB will be better than Smith or Wilson. What a year to pick #1.

Those are mostly comparisons of their style, not necessarily their potential....even then they are mostly awful comparisons...Jones to Romo lol.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: