Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2013 War Room -- The Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simonwayne

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 49ers also only want a 3rd or 4th round pick for Carlos Rodgers. The same thing the Packers asked for Tramon Williams. Both have about the same contract, Williams is 29, Rodgers is 31. Rodgers is the better player though. Which one would you guys prefer if we were to trade a 4th round pick for one of them?
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed with simon on both counts.

And now just saw he posted something else as I was about to post. I see advantages to both. I do agree Rodgers is a bit better, though Williams's youth is about enough to offset that. I would almost say go with whoever has the cheaper contract, honestly. Not sure which that is, myself. Both would be quite talented #2 corners for us, though. Would about replace Carr, almost. And then Arenas can go back where he excels.

EDIT: Well damn, you said they have similar contracts. Ummmmmm. That's tough. I would vote Rogers. Better more recently than Williams. Williams was best in 2010. Rogers peaked in 2011.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
28 catches, 352 yards, 3 TDs
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Tramon Williams for a 4th rounder sound like a good deal?

Yes, it does. We'll just have to figure out our cap situation first.

After doing some quick research it seems like decent gamble after a so so year for him.
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that should be the Director of Pro Personnel's job to figure that one out ... who's that?
simonwayne

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
Well, that should be the Director of Pro Personnel's job to figure that one out ... who's that?

We don't have on of those, but if someone would like to sign up, the job is theirs.
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:

We don't have on of those, but if someone would like to sign up, the job is theirs.

Everyone seems busier then usual this FFMD. I think things are more of a joint committee until someone claims the role.

With regards to Rogers and Williams, why not offer a 5th to both teams and see if either responds. I would prefer Rogers but if we can get Williams cheaper then I think the difference in player is negated.

sounds eerily similar to Stanford Routt situation..... Shocked
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think GB is looking to cut down a bit of salary so maybe something like a 5th and Jalil Brown could get things started. Just a thought.
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick looks at the proceedings and rules:

- Max ONE re-signing prior to free agency
- Max ONE Franchise/Transition player on top
- Max TWO restructures

Guess someone's gotta start thinking about those things, set up an overall strategy how to address this offseason. Discussing random individual players doesn't help much without a Grand Strategy in place. And that starts with: What are we doing with the players we already have under contract?.
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon - Tamba to be traded for a late first/high second rounder? Really??
simonwayne

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:

- Max TWO restructures

Guess someone's gotta start thinking about those things, set up an overall strategy how to address this offseason. Discussing random individual players doesn't help much without a Grand Strategy in place. And that starts with: What are we doing with the players we already have under contract?.

It's something I have thought a lot about. I'm just waiting for February 2nd where they announce the cap information. I think that the best plan would be to:
1. Cut Cassel, see where that puts us with cap space.

1. Resign Bowe and tag Albert. If we are tight on space we can make Bowes first year more cap friendly. If Bowe won't resign Albert should be easier to resign.

2. Restructure Jackson and Berry and then we will have room to sign/trade for other guys.

Also, the Texans said that they want a 3rd/4th for TJ Yates. Depending on what our other QB options will be, I think a 4th rounder is pretty good value for Yates.
simonwayne

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
Simon - Tamba to be traded for a late first/high second rounder? Really??

I just put that up there, I would never do a trade that the majority didn't agree with. He has became less valuable with the emergence of Houston. You don't want to have too much cap space locked up into one position while you have other pressing needs.

Make no mistake though, I want to keep Tamba Hali.
samsel23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know RB isnt a need, but Sproles is a guy I'd love. Toub would get lots of value out of him and he'd be a GREAT backup to Jamaal. Maybe our 4th would do it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the GM, AGM and/or capologist:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=512150&highlight=

This thread will be used to post announcements to the general manager regarding game rules, schedule changes and procedural requests. It should be saved in your GM's post history but anyone else who wishes to follow updates should check there.

This will only be for mechanics, not signings or in-mock news

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:

- Max TWO restructures

It's something I have thought a lot about. I'm just waiting for February 2nd where they announce the cap information. I think that the best plan would be to:
1. Cut Cassel, see where that puts us with cap space.

1. Resign Bowe and tag Albert. If we are tight on space we can make Bowes first year more cap friendly. If Bowe won't resign Albert should be easier to resign.

2. Restructure Jackson and Berry and then we will have room to sign/trade for other guys.

Also, the Texans said that they want a 3rd/4th for TJ Yates. Depending on what our other QB options will be, I think a 4th rounder is pretty good value for Yates.

I'm on board with all that!

Yates should be added to the Flynn and smith category where we won't make a move until we decide on what to do in the draft.
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
I know RB isnt a need, but Sproles is a guy I'd love. Toub would get lots of value out of him and he'd be a GREAT backup to Jamaal. Maybe our 4th would do it.

Talk about the perfect back for Reid's system. I like Sproles for the right price.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 6 of 29

Jump to: