Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Upon further review: This is the guy for the job!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Upon further review: This is the guy for the job! Reply with quote

Darren Perry, Green Bay Packers: Secondary (safeties) Coach

Darren Perry Bio
http://www.packers.com/team/coaches/darren-perry/23c7d6e1-2f60-440a-9cea-bd4a20b0426d

Whodats, this guy basically grew up in the 34 defense, played and coached under some of the best 34 minds in the NFL (Cowher, LeBeau & Capers). Everywhere Perry coaches, defensive backs seem to have unbelievable development, breakout seasons and career resurgences.

Once an elite player at the position himself, Perry is the perfect candidate to come to work with talented but underperforming players like Patrick Robinson and Malcolm Jenkins. Perry would also put Corey White’s development in the express lane while potentially helping Roman Harper have a career turnaround.

As far as filling out a coaching staff… I’m sure with all his experience under some of the best 34 defensive coordinators, and in the scheme itself, he has a good feel and idea of which potential coaches he’d target for his staff. I would not rule out Romeo Crennel as defensive line coach, Kevin Greene as linebackers coach & Greg Jackson as secondary coach.

At 45 years old, Perry is still able to connect with his players and is known around the league as one of the brightest young defensive minds in the NFL.

WHODAT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
FLOODx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather Tomsula, Mangini, and Crennel. That's just me though

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
SWATcha

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather have a coach that can come in and get the most out of the front 7, not the DBs. A really good front 7 can make average DBs look really good. Saints absolutely have to create pressure otherwise they're going to give up another 7k yards next year too.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nooooooooooooooooooooo
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're looking to get the best out of our secondary, Ed Donatell would be the best choice. Everywhere he's went, a top-10 ranked pass D has followed. Like it's scary how much success he's had with secondaries. Along with top-10 ranked pass D, high rates of takeaways and lots of sacks have also followed.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
101stSaintsFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
I would rather have a coach that can come in and get the most out of the front 7, not the DBs. A really good front 7 can make average DBs look really good. Saints absolutely have to create pressure otherwise they're going to give up another 7k yards next year too.

I agree 110% with this. We don't know how bad our secondary is. We DO know how bad our front seven is and we also know we generate 0% pass rush. The front needs fixing and attention first.

Major props to a fine American, Uncle Buck.

The CHAMPS are going back to form! WHODAT!
FLOODx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

101stSaintsFan wrote:
SWATcha wrote:

I agree 110% with this. We don't know how bad our secondary is. We DO know how bad our front seven is and we also know we generate 0% pass rush. The front needs fixing and attention first.

I feel the same way. Fixing the pass rush will somewhat repair our secondary

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
justo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
101stSaintsFan wrote:
SWATcha wrote:

I feel the same way. Fixing the pass rush will somewhat repair our secondary

Everyone thinks he's the guy the Eagles want. They just have to wait till after the supern owl to work out the details.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think looking at the roster, the state of the offense and the talent available for the switch... New Orleans would be the ideal destination for all of the top positional coaches in the superbowl.

Sean Payton and Mickey Loomis each have a 5 year contract extention and stability in the organization. Payton has consistently had one of if not the best scoring offense's in the NFL during his time in New Orleans, where Chip Kelly might be back in college in two years and there is serious doubt in league circles of if his offense will even translate to this level.

Looking at the defensive personnel, I like the Saints roster more than the Eagles when talking about making this 34 switch. I think the Saints have a better younger more versatile core than the Eagles and im not being bias here.

In the end its going to come down to what it always does... Money and power and how much of each of those two things the canadiate can get from either team, but all things being equal... I believe the Saints DC gig is the fasest way to a HC gig and lets face it... that's what these coaches are striving for in the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: