Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gregg Williams close to joining Titans as asst. HC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://blog.titansonline.com/2013/01/28/michael-griffin-believes-williams-would-help-titans-defense/

Griffin approves of this move with Williams. Sounds like there will be great things to come.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Ockham

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longer this goes without a deal, makes me believe that it was just some BS leaked by Williams to get his name out there.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
justing101

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ockham wrote:
Longer this goes without a deal, makes me believe that it was just some BS leaked by Williams to get his name out there.

He has to get reinstated first I think.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
Ockham wrote:

Yes he does.

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
-Nate "The Great" Washington
Rec: 12 Yds: 160 TD: 0
-Ryan Succop
FG: 9/11 Long: 47
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY-FTW wrote:
justing101 wrote:
Ockham wrote:

Yes he does.

He can talk to teams, just cannot sign until after the Emperor reinstates him. I don't think he can be reinstated until after the Super Bowl? I hope he does not bring that son (Blake Williams) of his with him. Makayla & I are not impressed with the hiring. Laughing
The Saints defense went down the last few years of Williams' tenure in New Orleans. I will wait and see what he implements with Gray during the 1st month of the regular season, before I go bunkers for Gregg.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@jwyattsports: And still hearing Williams would join the #Titans as a defensive assistant, not an assistant head coach as what's been widely reported”

Quote:
“@jwyattsports: Assuming the deal gets done, Williams would work alongside defensive coordinator Jerry Gray #Titans”

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Dionysus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:
“@jwyattsports: And still hearing Williams would join the #Titans as a defensive assistant, not an assistant head coach as what's been widely reported”

Quote:
“@jwyattsports: Assuming the deal gets done, Williams would work alongside defensive coordinator Jerry Gray #Titans”

Excellent!!! That's even better news because that's exactly what we need him to do.
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

It sounds like it will be conflict on the play calling during games. Who is going to be on the headset calling the defense and making adjustments? Who is going to be coaching up the guys on the sidelines? Mass confusion unless it is made clear who is the DC and who is the assistant. It's obivious from the 2012 season Gray is in over his head, so I think the players will defer to Williams. If the defense starts off poorly in the fall, Gray is going to get the axe. Pick an analogy and it fits this situation, one I like to use, "too many cooks in the kitchen". Rolling Eyes Good luck with that Munch.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Titans. Saints fan here. G-dub is a sub-par coach so prepare yourself. He gives up ALOT of yards, but preaches turnovers, so expect slot of those. :p I'll be waiting over the next 3 years to hear about the Titans bounty program. Haha, just kidding. :p
Dionysus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
Hey Titans. Saints fan here. G-dub is a sub-par coach so prepare yourself. He gives up ALOT of yards, but preaches turnovers, so expect slot of those. :p I'll be waiting over the next 3 years to hear about the Titans bounty program. Haha, just kidding. :p

Gregg Williams is nothing new to us. He was our DC back in the day when we were the sh-t. When he left, our defense started growing soft year after year. Last year we gave up a lot of yards AND a lot of points. If we do happen to give up a lot of yards, I'd much rather do it being aggressive and going for the kill than sit back on our heels playing soft and passive. Bend-but-don't-break defense as the master gameplan is strictly for losers. GW usually has one of the best defenses for fewest yards, let alone points. I'll take my chances with him. If he does put out another bounty, hopefully he'll target Jerry Gray.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:

Oh, it's not like the defense was on a historic level of bad. We didn't just almost break the record for most points given up.

So...anything will be a step up from last year.
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

Oh, it's not like the defense was on a historic level of bad. We didn't just almost break the record for most points given up.

Trust me, I feel your defensive pains... :p
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

Trust me, I feel your defensive pains... :p

Lol, yeah. Ya'll were right there with us with defensive woes..
lamont

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speculation that Williams will be reinstated next week.

http://tracking.si.com/2013/02/05/nfl-gregg-williams-reinstatement-expected/?sct=uk_t2_a6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: