Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Joru's 2013 Who Really Cares Mock - 2nd Round Added (03/03)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
You're picking the completely wrong front offices to project as trading up. It doesn't fit the mantra of Telesco (the guy, until proven otherwise, should be assumed to be Bill Polian incarnate), Les Snead (Rams), or Jerry Reese to trade up to fill needs. All three, for all intents and purposes, are sit tight and take the best match between value and need at their natural draft spot (particularly in the 1st round).

If/when trade up's occur in the 1st they're most often for QB's or edge pass-rushers. If Milliner pulls a Prince and falls out of the Top 10 I could see a team making a move for him somewhere in the Top 15, but it's also worth considering that if he falls like Prince did then there's probably a reason for it (like there was with Amukamara's workouts giving pause to scouts with regard to what they were seeing on tape).

wow I think I love you. Seriously though I'm always happy to see someone who actually knows what gms like to do.

bravo these are the type of posts that bring me back to this site.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Vikings trade a 2014 2nd round pick and 2013 4th round pick to the Falcons for #60 and a 2013 7th round pick

Love Ansah. Not a fan of this trade, though.

Agreed for 1 big reason we have way to many holes this year to fill to trade away any early round picks.

Trading away a 4th to 6th rounder to move up i can see as those aren't always impact players. Trading away a pick this year to gain a pick next year in the same exact round only to move up 3 rounds in the later part of the draft just isn't worth it.

Actually picks next year are worth like a round later value this year.

I say just made this trade for the Falcons.

Falcons give their 2nd round pick + 7th

Vikings give their 3rd round pick this year + 4th next year.

That would be more fair to both teams value wise.

Heck i can do ya one even better.

Ansash in the 1st is great

2nd round Falcons trade up using a 2nd and a 4th or 5th round pick to take John Jenkins DT. Anash + Jenkins would completly solve our D-line problems.

I don't mind giving up later picks to get something great now.
XSsoCX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottonatable wrote:
as a bucs fan, i dont see the bucs giving so much for Revis coming off a big injury, last year of his contract (hes a [inappropriate/removed] when it comes to resigning) and Milliner is still on the board at 13... so why would we do this?
Exactly. I wouldn't give up more than a second for Revis.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm dont like that trade with Milliner still on the board

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

updayyte
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:
updayyte

Joru bro the trade is still pretty big lopsided in the Vikings favor value wise.

#60 = 300 points

2nd next year = a 3rdround pick this year. that value = about 150 points in value. then a 4th this year where they pick is 50 points in value.

So we are giving up 300 points in value for only 200 back thats way to much to give up.

But

#60 = 300

for

#90 = 140 Their 3rd this year
2nd next year 150 value

= 290

We are still giving more value in the trade but that is MUCH CLOSER in fair value for both teams and is a trade i would have no problem in making since it's still helping both teams out.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad Jesse Williams didn't make it one more spot in the second. Mingo and Williams would be ideal. I'm not that big on taking a TE so high but I do like Ertz. I like the next pick which was Minter more though for the Steelers.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
klyon7634

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tavon Austin in round 1 and trade out in round 2 I likey

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of worse Bills mock to date.. Barkley hasn't shown to be worth the 8th overall pick and Eifert is good but not a need
meixdaddy_10

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated

I like RD1 for the Vikes

RD2 is a good pick but with DT Short on the board he is BPA and hard to pass up. Plus we dont need to draft 2 LB's that high.

Like the trade up for Moore but dont like the picks involved...Id give up our 3rd and Det 4th and then maybe like a 4th next year. And screw the points chart that everyone always uses as its not exact science.

1- WR Allen
2a- DT Short
2b- LB Moore

That would be ideal.
joru1000

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meixdaddy_10 wrote:
Updated

I like RD1 for the Vikes

RD2 is a good pick but with DT Short on the board he is BPA and hard to pass up. Plus we dont need to draft 2 LB's that high.

Like the trade up for Moore but dont like the picks involved...Id give up our 3rd and Det 4th and then maybe like a 4th next year. And screw the points chart that everyone always uses as its not exact science.

1- WR Allen
2a- DT Short
2b- LB Moore

That would be ideal.

I figured the Vikings needed two starting linebackers. Both Brinkley and Henderson need to be replaced ASAP being as they are too slow for the NFC North's passing attack. Greene and Moore are definitely two of the most athletic 4-3 linebackers in recent drafts with a 2nd round grade, comparable to Zach Brown and Lavonte David. DT can be addressed next season as there is always a slew of defensive tackles of Short's caliber falling between the late 1st and late 2nd every year.
JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno is just a terrible pick for the Jaguars. 2 years of sub-par Gabbert is going to cloud the fact that look at both of them on equal footing(leaving college) and Gabbert is the better prospect. Geno is not a top 20 talent and is going to end up drafted too high. The new GM is probably smart enough to realize this and will look elsewhere, namely the D-Line.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to give up a first for Revis. I'd rather try to sign someone and draft a CB.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna be sick. DeMontre Moore #5 overall? Not talking Bad reach. Much better people there.

Sig bet
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meixdaddy_10 wrote:
Updated

I like RD1 for the Vikes

1- WR Allen
2a- DT Short
2b- LB Moore

That would be ideal.

Now see this i can dig as far as a trade goes. 3rd + 4th this year and 4th next year for 60 is a great trade for both teams. Well done on that idea. Also i agree the chart isn't exact science but it is decently close to not being 2 1 sided and you can tell when a trade is pretty big off by it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: