Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Your opinion on Dontari Poe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Durden

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Your opinion on Dontari Poe Reply with quote

How come there is some much disparity over Poe's performance last season?

I mean in the media, there are reports like this from TSN, who praise Poe, saying that he's more advance than Dorsey or Jackson at the same point, and project a great future for him.

And then there are articles like this, which basically say he's not even a mediocre nose tackle, and his selection was the biggest mistake the Chiefs made over the past years.

Now what gives here? What's your opinion on this guy's rookie year?

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he played way better than I think any of us expected. He'll be a beast. That B/R article is trash and was written mid-way through the season

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
jeffs66

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
he played way better than I think any of us expected. He'll be a beast. That B/R article is trash and was written mid-way through the season

I agree. Even though I am in Columbia I did see a lot of the games especially towards the end of the season and came away impressed with Poe and how quickly he began having an impact.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is coming from someone who bashed Poe publicly the day he was drafted up until he played his first snap...Then I could no longer bash him anymore because he went beast mode on everyone for the most part. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely wasn't a fan of Poe when we drafted him but I think he is getting good pretty fast. He is a lot of fun to watch.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S T U D

J

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trash! His a beast! No & butts about it.
Kcpre

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely didn't hate Poe when we drafted him, but I wasn't expecting much coming into the season. I was really just hoping he'd be able to hold his own and not be pushed around too much his rookie year. He far surpassed my expectations, and if he keeps developing at the pace he is now, then I believe we'll have a real good player on our hands.
Ring of Fame

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how some people think Vince Wilfork walked on water the day NE drafted him. In reality, he started 16 games his rookie season - as did Poe - and 27 total tackles and 42 combined. He added 2 sacks and 3 passes deflected. Poe: 28 total, 38 combined and added 4 passes deflected. Kelly Gregg (since the article mentions him)? Well he didn't start 16 games until his 3rd season in the league. I'm not sure what beef this guy's got against Poe - I assume he had a man-crush on DeCastro or someone - but there's nothing to suggest he'll be a complete waste of a pick.

I actually think his point that 'Poe doesn't play mean' and 'Poe's instincts are poor' are worth considering. I mean those are two things that separate great players and average guys. But what's the bigger risk? Passing on an elite physical guy because he's not 'mean' or taking a less-gifted athlete because he is 'mean'?

`
BigChiefin336

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe he will be by far our best D-Lineman next year unless we sign a top notch FA. I think he got better each game and towards the end of the year was straight beastin. Definitely gonna be a stud for years.
odendin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever I want to know how a player is - I check profootballfocus.com's ratings.

According to them, not good. But I remember everyone thought BJ Raji was a bust his first year.

I know the kid has heart. He wants to play and he's not gonna let himself suck off.

That's all that matters to me.

Put some good consistant DE talent around him and I bet his play spikes.
Ring of Fame

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

odendin wrote:
Whenever I want to know how a player is - I check profootballfocus.com's ratings.

According to them, not good. But I remember everyone thought BJ Raji was a bust his first year.

Ode -

Do you have to subscribe to view PFF's ratings? Can you see ratings for every individual player?

Thanks
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought he played pretty well at times and I thought overall he was more good than bad. He flashed some of his ability, he flashed some of his inexperience. Biggest thing with him, I never noticed him hit the rookie wall.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: