Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears Hire Tim Tibesar as LB Coach

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Bears Hire Tim Tibesar as LB Coach Reply with quote

RT @ESPNChiBears: Tibesar was the DC at Purdue last year. Worked with Marc Trestman in Montreal from 2009-2011.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can’t say I have ever heard of the guy but he is another young coach 41 years old…smart off the field graduating with a 4.0 GPA in economics from North Dakota as well as summa cum laude…then got a master’s degree in business admin from SDSU…played LB at North Dakota being named all-conference 3 years in a row…first team All-American at that level in 96…begun coaching at North Dakota in 2001 taking charge of the ILBs…then moved on to Kansas State as ST coach in 2006 then DC in 07 & 08…then on to the Alouettes as LB coach for 2 years then promoted to DC in 2011 before taking the Purdue DC job in early 2012.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting article I found about Tim:

http://godsawesomegiftksu.blogspot.com/2008/09/how-i-know-tim-tibesar-is-satanist.html?m=1

GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:

http://godsawesomegiftksu.blogspot.com/2008/09/how-i-know-tim-tibesar-is-satanist.html?m=1

I closed it about 5 seconds after opening it. As for the hiring I like it. Another person that has worked with Marc.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:

I closed it about 5 seconds after opening it. As for the hiring I like it. Another person that has worked with Marc.

...but I thought Lovie was the only coach in the NFL who hired his friends? Laughing
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:

...but I thought Lovie was the only coach in the NFL who hired his friends? Laughing

No matter what the sport or level of the sport. The coach normally has people he has worked with on his staff. Laughing

IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:

No matter what the sport or level of the sport. The coach normally has people he has worked with on his staff. Laughing

Not if you read through some of the "clean house" threads from after the 2009 season. According to those Lovie is the only guy in pro sports to do that. Laughing
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:

Not if you read through some of the "clean house" threads from after the 2009 season. According to those Lovie is the only guy in pro sports to do that. Laughing

Yeah I understand. To me that doesnt matter....it matters if they are competent though which is where we have debates.

Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:

Yeah I understand. To me that doesnt matter....it matters if they are competent though which is where we have debates.
Did Lovie ever hire anybody who wasn't qualified for the job? I'm curious, did this dude play under Bob Babich at NDSU?

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Did Lovie ever hire anybody who wasn't qualified for the job? I'm curious, did this dude play under Bob Babich at NDSU?

This is from an article comparing Trestman and Lovie's staffs when hired:

Quote:
Trestman’s staff with the Bears includes three coaches he has worked with — offensive coordinator Aaron Kromer, tight ends coach Andy Bischoff and assistant defensive line coach Michael Sinclair. But more importantly, seven of the nine coaches Trestman hired have a combined 103 years of NFL experience, including 80 at the position they were hired to coach.

That doesn’t necessarily mean he picked the right guys. But it’s in stark contrast to Lovie Smith’s first staff in 2004. His 16 assistants had a combined 29 years of NFL experience and only nine years of experience at the position they were hired to coach.

This isn't to say that Lovie's staff was unqualified - only that at the time they were relatively inexperienced in both the NFL as well as the positions they were being hired to coach.

Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

Quote:
Trestman’s staff with the Bears includes three coaches he has worked with — offensive coordinator Aaron Kromer, tight ends coach Andy Bischoff and assistant defensive line coach Michael Sinclair. But more importantly, seven of the nine coaches Trestman hired have a combined 103 years of NFL experience, including 80 at the position they were hired to coach.

That doesn’t necessarily mean he picked the right guys. But it’s in stark contrast to Lovie Smith’s first staff in 2004. His 16 assistants had a combined 29 years of NFL experience and only nine years of experience at the position they were hired to coach.

This isn't to say that Lovie's staff was unqualified - only that at the time they were relatively inexperienced in both the NFL as well as the positions they were being hired to coach.
It was 2004 and that's how it worked (and for the most part still does) w/ a new HC, they were promoted, they promote people w/ them. Coaches are rarely going to take a lateral move to coach under a brand new HC.

Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

Quote:

It was 2004 and that's how it worked (and for the most part still does) w/ a new HC, they were promoted, they promote people w/ them. Coaches are rarely going to take a lateral move to coach under a brand new HC.

Thats the point of the comparison - look at the experience of Trestman's staff compared to Lovie's - especially the experience coaching at the level they were hired to coach.

Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

Quote:

Thats the point of the comparison - look at the experience of Trestman's staff compared to Lovie's - especially the experience coaching at the level they were hired to coach.
I get that, but you're talking about a guy who has been an HC for 5 years, and an OC for 10 years before that. Lovie had only been a DC for 3 years when we hired him. He was 2004's hot young coaching candidate similar to the guys we've seen get HC jobs lately. Also keep in mind, he had input on his hires, but at that time, Jerry Angelo had final say on who was brought in under Lovie.

Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little strange that the Bears haven’t confirmed this yet.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:

Well thats completely pointless....qualified is one thing. Actually doing your job well is another. Im not getting in any of this stupid arguments. Lovie was fired and most of his staff is gone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: